Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick Sealant... really?

techman

Question

Ok so I'm no expert, but the idea of protecting my car with a spray seems somewhat odd? Am I crazy?

I mean how can a spray evenly cover the paint? Aren't pastes/liquids better? With a spray, I feel like I'd put too much there, not enough there.. and it's so clear (from the videos) that I wouldn't even be able to tell where I applied it.

Can that stuff really last through the winter months? I can't re-wax/re-seal my car during the winter...

The alternatives seem to be the machine super sealant (not an option -- I live in a condo), or some competitor product.

Thanks

Damnit guys. Added the Quick Sealant to my cart, before you know it.. I had 220$ worth of stuff. That's my third order in 3 weeks... I should be pushing to get some free swag lol :-P

Anyways, thanks for all your posts !

Damnit guys. Added the Quick Sealant to my cart, before you know it.. I had 220$ worth of stuff. That's my third order in 3 weeks... I should be pushing to get some free swag lol :-P

Anyways, thanks for all your posts !

I'am sure they will throw in a mint.  :lol:

Edited by LFairbanks

I have quick sealant AND machine super sealant. Right now I have quick sealant on my wheels and machine super sealant on my paint. Anyone notice any differences between the two when used on paint? I have a customer wanting some protection on their new car and am debating between either the quick sealant or the machine sealant. Are they relatively the same on durability? I really liked the ease of application of the machine sealant with the new grey pad though :D

MSS for durability, but takes way more time and attention to apply properly.  Most detail shops apply AQS for their "sealant" offering, or MSS at a significant added cost due to the added work involved.  AQS is looking at 4-6 months and MSS is more of a 6+ month deal, but many of us layer, so thats going to extend both regardless of which you choose.   :)

Edited by IrishCurse

Awesome, glad I put machine super sealant on my ride then! haha. I have it layerd with 2 additional coats of carnuba wax too :) I think I'll give quick sealant a try on my cusomer's car to compare the difference in application time.

Edited by Brunkel

Is it necessary to clean with an IPA before applying quick sealant or machine sealant?

No but the general consensus is that it is one of the better ways to make sure there is next to nothing left on the paint before applying your sealant. Assuming you go with a light concentration.

So is the quick sealant better then the machine super sealant then?

Easier to apply and remove and you don't need a power tool to apply QS.  

Is it better?  Nah...  I think MSS gives the paint more pop, but time is of the essence so it's QS for me! 

Treated my snow shovel and the blades, scoop, and output tube on the blower as well last winter... kept the snow from compacting and sticking to anything. Was rather nice. I think I did a total of 2 treatments during the cold season and it held up really well. 

Also started coating my DirecTV dish with it to keep ice from forming until I get a low voltage warmer installed on it. 

Treated my snow shovel and the blades, scoop, and output tube on the blower as well last winter... kept the snow from compacting and sticking to anything. Was rather nice. I think I did a total of 2 treatments during the cold season and it held up really well. 

Also started coating my DirecTV dish with it to keep ice from forming until I get a low voltage warmer installed on it. 

Ok, this post with your 'handle' attached to it sure looks weird!  

Looks great!! Is that VRT on the tires? 

Yes! My favorite tire dressing by far. Always turns out DARK and dry to the touch. SVRT on tires and Quick sealant on rims is the 1-2 punch IMO.

Oh and I forgot to mention there is Adam's Glass Sealant on the windshield too :D

Really like the ease of application. I even applied it on my Gravely mower.....yes I sealed the paint on my mower.

I don't have a mower...but if I did...I'd detail it. I do have a vacum though...

Edited by Brunkel

Btw how long does quick sealant take to cure if I decide to apply buttery wax over it ?

Btw how long does quick sealant take to cure if I decide to apply buttery wax over it ?

At least 45 minutes.....than you can wax.

I just used quick sealant for the first time today. Looks like it left a pretty good shine. I'm having a hard time telling the difference between it and Americana.

Seems there's a lot of over spray that plumes everywhere. Is there a concern of the over spray on other panels while working on your current panel? I moved out all vehicles out of the garage, as I wasn't sure if the over spray would deposit on them too.

Also it seems like I'm putting practically nothing on. Just this minuscule streaking. I'm guessing that's how it looks, right? Do you guys recommend 1 or 2 coats for a DD? How many vehicles will one can last?