Customer Service 866.965.0400

How do you apply your glaze?

2quikta

Question

I usually just use an Americana hex, but when putting through my last order I had the glaze pads in the cart and took them out at the last minute. Made me wonder how many people use a machine to apply their glaze.

20 answers to this question

I use a machine, every single time. It's so much faster, and it spreads a nice thin coat.  I only work by hand in tight areas that I can't reach with a machine.

+ 1 for this ^^.

Usually by hand. I feel like I use too much product when I use the machine. Plus, I don't like how the Rupes lays down sealants and glazes, don't have the 4" machine glaze pads and usually have the 4" backing plate on the PC. So, unless for some reason I have the 6" backing plate on the PC, I apply it by hand. It's so easy to apply there's no need for me to bring out the machine. Wastes energy running the machine, wastes time pulling the machine out and cleaning the larger pad after the use.

I usually just use an Americana hex, but when putting through my last order I had the glaze pads in the cart and took them out at the last minute. Made me wonder how many people use a machine to apply their glaze.

I only use my machines to apply polishes, wax, glaze and sealants.  Personally, I am not doing this stuff by hand anymore; it's just more efficient to use the machine to apply to vehicle with a large finishing pad.  Maybe I'd consider it if I were doing a small car, but the Sequoia - no way.

Just One Man's Opinion

Edited by Methodical