Customer Service 866.965.0400

Incomplete Orders, Errors & Delays, The Reasons Why, and the BIG PLAN to FIX IT:

Adam

I just placed another order over July 4th weekend. Second one in the last month. The First one took about ten days from the time I ordered till I got it. And the box was a mess. Hope the second order does better. I do know this, no problem, I will be your customer till My last breath. I have never seen a more dedicated company owner anywhere. Keep your head up Adam.

I don't know about delays before but I placed and order Sunday for the Complete Cyclo Polisher Kit and Monday afternoon I have notice from FreEx that the have it and it will be delivered Wed.  If it arrived in good shape I will say things are looking real good.

I don't know about delays before but I placed and order Sunday for the Complete Cyclo Polisher Kit and Monday afternoon I have notice from FreEx that the have it and it will be delivered Wed.  If it arrived in good shape I will say things are looking real good.

See, I told you it wouldn't take a month.  ;)

Order placed 7/2/14.

Email confirmation received 7/2/14.

FedEx tracking info received 7/2/14. (Flat rate ground)

Order received today 7/8/14

Order packed neatly and efficiently.  No damage.

Just like the good ol' days.  <grin>

Thanks, guys.

Sent email on order I placed on July 3rd

Order Number 259547

Receipt  of order July 3rd.

No tracking # yet

Answer I received on my question on my order and tracking #

Hi Ken,

Thank you very much for your email, and for your purchase with Adam's!

The 4th of July sale was a success! With that being said we have a TON of orders to catch up on since FedEx was not shipping on the holiday.

Our team is working hard to get out all order from the weekend as quickly as possible and as soon as your order is picked, packed, and scanned by FedEx you will receive an email with your tracking information.

Thanks again for your business as well as your patience!

Please let me know if you have any questions or need  any additional info,  and I will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Ben Stanley
Edited by KBsSS

Sent email on order I placed on July 3rd

Order Number 259547

Ha!  Well, July 2nd isn't exactly an old order!  Hahahahha, boy, do we have some high expectations on turnaround times!

When I said old orders, I meant old, like not 2 business days ago!  Geesh!!!

Adam,

Thanks for your reply. I ordered from other sites that had July 4 sales and have received conformation and tracking #`s. I will be calling customer service this morning and if my order has not been shipped I will cancel. Again thanks for your reply, first time I got an email from a owner who told me to chill.

Also never did get an answer on why my box that contained my patriot wax was not #. This was back in May an old order.

KB

Edited by KBsSS

I agree with above. Seems like a lot of effort is spent explaining why the work isn't getting done. The receipt tells you to email if a tracking number isn't received within 48 hrs. The customer does that to only be ridiculed by the owner. Maybe the intention wasn't that way but written words come across the way they are. Sale times are hectic but maybe there should be a better plan in place. Either way most customers aren't concerned or sympathetic with the business, they pay for a service or product they expect it promptly. How many folks accept a long line at the grocery or fast food restaurant only to be told they have to wait cause there is a trainee working the register, or they store doesn't want to open a new checkout line because they would have to pay someone to run it. Anyone that says they understand and don't get upset is lying. I too will be calling and if I don't get a tracking number for my order placed the fourth I will be canceling as well

Does anyone not have any patience any more?  Seems everyone wants things "right here, right now".  I ordered on July 5th.  I have not received my tracking yet, however I am not worried about it.  I understand Adam's got slammed with the sale and also understand they are a small business.  They were open and honest about having shipping issues.  Adam, himself, started this thread about 3 weeks ago.  I don't believe anyone can honestly think those issues were solved in that time frame.  After all they are looking at setting up another distribution center. 

I placed an order during the initial Tire Shine release.  When I contacted Ben, he offered to expedite the shipping for free.  My response was ship it normal and save the company the money.  I wasn't in a rush for the order anyways. 

As far as Adam's response...I really don't blame him.  He is trying to address the issues.  Him and the team are doing their best, yet its not good enough for some.  Nothing is more aggravating than putting your best foot forward only to have someone complain they didn't get instant gratification.  Just my opinion so take it for what it is worth........which is nothing.  :lol:

Just a suggestion have you guys checked your account on Adamspolishes or your junk mail? I've had notifications in both places before so maybe it's there.

It said you can contact the company after 48 hrs the man himself gave you an answer on your question. I hope you guys get your stuff but maybe exercise just a little patience.

As far as Adam's response...I really don't blame him.  He is trying to address the issues.  Him and the team are doing their best, yet its not good enough for some.  Nothing is more aggravating than putting your best foot forward only to have someone complain they didn't get instant gratification.  Just my opinion so take it for what it is worth........which is nothing.  :lol:

Some people just like to complain.

Just a suggestion have you guys checked your account on Adamspolishes or your junk mail? I've had notifications in both places before so maybe it's there.

It said you can contact the company after 48 hrs the man himself gave you an answer on your question. I hope you guys get your stuff but maybe exercise just a little patience.

Thank you for your suggestion . I did check my junk email because outlook has a mind of it own sometimes :0

4 working days no tracking # but as suggested by Adams followers I will wait till tomorrow.

Does anyone not have any patience any more?  Seems everyone wants things "right here, right now".  I ordered on July 5th.  I have not received my tracking yet, however I am not worried about it.  I understand Adam's got slammed with the sale and also understand they are a small business.  They were open and honest about having shipping issues.  Adam, himself, started this thread about 3 weeks ago.  I don't believe anyone can honestly think those issues were solved in that time frame.  After all they are looking at setting up another distribution center. 

I placed an order during the initial Tire Shine release.  When I contacted Ben, he offered to expedite the shipping for free.  My response was ship it normal and save the company the money.  I wasn't in a rush for the order anyways. 

Yes it was great to hear from the owner telling me to chill. I did not know Adams was a small business operations as stated.

On my next order if their is one I will order from Grabiks Chevy.  I know Jason appreciates my business and Adam still gets his cut.

Edited by KBsSS

Just good to see That customer satisfaction is # 1 with Adams

Long time lurker and follower of Adams on other forums, but I've finally hit a point that I felt I have to join here to post about my problems. Too much has changed lately and as I have tried to have the patience some of you others are talking about my patience has been rewarded with excuses and now contradiction from the owner himself? I have to say it seems a little unprofessional for the owner to call out his customers like that. WHat happend to the commitment to satisfaction?

I will start this by saying I love the products and the people Ive met at adams have all been top notch. Sad that the service has been getting worse adn worse. Im now at a point where I have started shopping elsewhere for my supplies and gotten just as good or better of a product at a much better price and I don't have to call to check on my order or wonder if it will show up complete. It was nice when things were running smoother and the service didn't become so hit and miss becaus it was really nice ordering from a local company. My shipments would be at my door the next day with fedex or I could just pick up in person.

On to my reason for finally joining the forum, a few weeks ago we get this explination of all the issues, which I was fine with.

We need to get your order to you in TWO DAYS.  Period.  So.....

THE PLAN:

We opened a new distribution center early this month in Sparks, Nevada.  It's location is excellent to reach the Pacific Northwest, and the Southern tip of San Diego, both in 2 business days via inexpensive yet excellent FedEx Ground Shipping....

Now, that's great news for those of you who live on the West Coast.  In 2 days, your goods will be on your doorstep......However, what about the rest of you, the majority who live on in the East?  By the end of July, we will have the East Coast Distribution center fully operational.  We are considering locations now, based on where our awesome team members want to relocate.   At this point, it's between PA and TN.  Either way, our East Coast Customers will be loving the 2-day turnaround time that it takes to receive an order.

Ha!  Well, July 2nd isn't exactly an old order!  Hahahahha, boy, do we have some high expectations on turnaround times!

When I said old orders, I meant old, like not 2 business days ago!  Geesh!!!

but after all the talk of "2 days" now its too much to expect? I get that its a goal, but if its unreasonable now I cant help but think its more lip service from a company thats been giving more excuses than fixes lately. Shipping used to be faster, but its obvious inventory has always been a problem, now I get slow shipping and missing product without any notice. Excuses and promises won't keep my cars clean.

also, its confusing to me how Adams always says its their suppliers who cause the issues, but things that are usually out of stock are things I can buy the identical version of somewhere else and they nver seem to have it on backorder.

Ill keep some adams products on my shelf always like quick seal for my wheels, but for most of my products I've started shopping with CG, Surf City Garage, Shine Supply and others and if things dont turn around soon I might change that some to none.

Edited by wraptoretrux

Friends, thanks for your candid input, and loyalty.  I understand if you feel the need to go elsewhere for your car care products, and and certainly, don't want to lose you as a customer!

We are in flux, moving to a new system of shipping from two warehouses, so we can get orders into your hands in 2 business days, or less.  We can't just throw a lever, as we are not a huge company with unlimited recourses. 

We had to get one distribution center up first, and the second is coming online shortly.

Nearly 15years we have been in business.  We have had an average turnaround time of 1.3 days over the entirety of our company's existence.   If only our 'up-time' for our web-hosting was as consistent.....we would be thrilled.

Currently, we are changing how we do things, as Amazon and other major online retailers have set a new standard for customer expectations.  

We will exceed your expectations shortly, but implementing a new distribution model has certainly been a serious project.  One that has taken much more time and money than we had anticipated.

I hope not to lose your business, and if you choose to cancel your order, I'll personally handle it for you.

Thank You, and again, I'm sorry for the delays.

Sincerely,

Adam

Direct: 720-473-7100

Just received my order from C/G I placed the same day as Adams They had  20% off July 4th sale on their products. I believe they are in California..

The nerve of that waiter at the steakhouse telling me my steak wasn't done now! I told him McDonalds would have had me 10 burgers to my table by now!

The nerve of that waiter at the steakhouse telling me my steak wasn't done now! I told him McDonalds would have had me 10 burgers to my table by now!

Im fine waiting a little longer for good steak. Im not fine with it showing up to the table without the sides I ordered and cold because I ordered it weeks ago.

Edited by wraptoretrux

Good points made by all.

I think this will be a good thing for Adams in the long run.  They are finally being put in a situtation where their most loyal customers are challenging them to get better.   Being pushed by the threat of lost business will certainly get things into gear I am sure.

For those who are upset, by all means, venture out and try some other products.  Its perfectly okay.  I can assure you that no one manufacturer makes the best product in every catagory.  Dont fall in love with brands, fall in love with products.  I have tried most of the major brands and I am still around because a few of Adams products are simply elite.  Others are average at best.

There really should be no emotion involved when buying products to clean a vehicle.  I have never understood that part.

Carry on and good luck to Adams in their transition...