Customer Service 866.965.0400

Full Detail with H20 Guard and Gloss

Rich

Question

So it was nice out today and the Caddy needed a good clean up.  And I got a chance finally to use some of the new stuff Adam's came out with recently.

So I started off with a two bucket wash with the new Wash/Rinse buckets and connector.  Having both buckets connected is the way to go.  Makes it so much simpler to move around the car.  (wife is the photographer)

post-15-0-19922600-1428783660_thumb.jpg

After filling up the buckets with the pink car wash (don't have the blue yet, but it's ordered), I soaped the baby up with the foam gun.  The pink makes plenty of suds, so I can imagine how good the blue's going to be.

post-15-0-08538900-1428783753_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-04067800-1428783827_thumb.jpg

Next came the wash with the new Wash Wedge.  All I can say about this new sponge is WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG TO COME OUT WITH THIS?  I'm 68 with arthritis in my shoulders and back and this thing is so much easier to use for me than the wash pads. A whole lot lighter when wet, and it sucks up the soap and water and whisks away the dirt! 

post-15-0-85630100-1428783997_thumb.jpg

So once I got her body all nice and clean......it was time to do the wheels.  Yes, I do a dedicated bucket for the wheels.  Sprayed the wheels down with All Purpose Cleaner then scrubbed deep into the wheels with the old wheel woolies,  hit the lug nuts with the lug nut brush, and then sprayed down the tires with more APC and scrubbed with the blue tire scrub brush.

post-15-0-11663000-1428784287_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-77785200-1428784379_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-22361600-1428784429_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-30257000-1428784494_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-76038000-1428784541_thumb.jpg

So now that the car is all nice and clean, it's time to pull it into the garage and try out the new H20 GG.

post-15-0-52453300-1428784729_thumb.jpg

I wet the car down good first, then started on the roof.

post-15-0-00413400-1428784790_thumb.jpg

Wiped it down with a damp double soft towel, then went over it with a dry double soft.

post-15-0-33331400-1428784906_thumb.jpg

I did the glass, sunroof, and any plastic on the car with it too.  Didn't matter. This stuff is amazing.

post-15-0-43177300-1428785308_thumb.jpg

I finished off the rest of the car and let me tell you, I can't be happier. This stuff is so simple to use, gives great shine, the paint is smooth as glass, and I can see where it's going to be a BIG hit for Adam's. If you didn't get it yet, get an order in. You're going to want a gallon or FIVE! 

post-15-0-68589300-1428785481_thumb.jpg

post-15-0-34246300-1428785636_thumb.jpg

25 answers to this question

Nice write up.  So w/the new wedge, you don't need 2 for up top and below like w/the wash pads?  Looking into grabbing one since my old pads are pretty beat. 

I guess you could if you want to, but I've never used two pads or sponges...............ever.  You'll be impressed with this new wedge.  So light, easy on the arms, and easier to hold onto and go around corners and edges.  Rinses out real well too.  I didn't find anything in my sponge and a lot of stuff in the bottom of the bucket. 

Nice write up Rich.  looks goods.  It really is a nice and easy and product to use. I was stunned on the amount of shine it has.  I just topped my last weeks application with a Waterless wash and some detail spray.

Edited by ledger64

nice write up! I didn't order the sponge and now I slightly regret it. Oh well. The wash pad is working for me for now. Maybe I'll order it one of the future orders.

so using the HGG, there is no need to use a great white to dry the car?

I suppose once the car is wet and you use a damp towel to apply the HGG, you will need several single soft (or double soft) to buff the car dry? ( I suppose the dry towels keep getting as you use them)

I should have put this in the FAQ section, but I figured I ask you since you used it.

I ordered mine yesterday and I'll probably have it next week. I'm kind of excited to use it on our daily drivers lol.

nice write up! I didn't order the sponge and now I slightly regret it. Oh well. The wash pad is working for me for now. Maybe I'll order it one of the future orders.

so using the HGG, there is no need to use a great white to dry the car?

I suppose once the car is wet and you use a damp towel to apply the HGG, you will need several single soft (or double soft) to buff the car dry? ( I suppose the dry towels keep getting as you use them)

I should have put this in the FAQ section, but I figured I ask you since you used it.

I ordered mine yesterday and I'll probably have it next week. I'm kind of excited to use it on our daily drivers lol.

I use a damp double soft towel to apply (kept a bucket of water nearby to rinse it out and wring it) spray it on, wipe it with the damp double soft, then a nice pass with a clean dry double soft.  I didn't need any more towels than that.  Just one to wipe, and one to buff. Came out fantastic.  No streaks or smears at all. 

Great write-up, Rich! Thanks to your wife for the photos, they elevate the quality of the write-up!

Can't wait to get my order. Detailed my ride today....might have to do it again Wednesday!

Edited by PHOKUS

you know, you confirmed that I will love the guard and gloss and the new wash wedge!  Thanks, but what I took away from the post was that I need those connected rolling bucket caddies!  I am so tired of lugging those things around my vehicles.  I am gonna have to get that.  

Great write up Rich! Only one problem you broke the Adams Rule, your supposed to wash the wheels first!  :o

I followed rules in my 20's in the Navy. I make my own now. I will NEVER wash wheels first.

Thanks for the review!  Good idea moving into the garage for the HGG application.  I would guess that applying the HGG takes longer than just drying, so you have to be careful to not get water spots by staying out in the sun.