Customer Service 866.965.0400

Streaks on Interior of using Interior Detailer

USCGRetiredJosh

Question

14 answers to this question

Did you use it in direct sunlight?

Possibly didn't shake well before use?

I have a 14 Silverado and ill get streaks if I use too much product or I'm applying in the sun.

Same thing that happens with leather conditiioner.  It's soaking it up at different rates. Therefore you have streaking. Reapply and wipe as many times as needed until  you get a uniform look. It's not uncommon.  Just that some parts of fabrics are dryer than others and it absorbs at a faster rate and leaves streaks.  When the dry areas have enough moisture, it'll all be even.

Would all purpose cleaner be too aggressive to clean interior door panels prior to using detailer or conditioner?

It may be too aggressive full strength. I would start with 5:1 dilution and go up to 3:1 max

Personally it's my only qualm about TID is the slight dressing aspect. Imo it should be more of an interior quick detailer product and remove the dressing aspect, bump up the cleaning and keep uv protection. If you want a dressed interior then follow with Leather & Interior Conditioner.

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Adam doesn't recommend using SVRT on interior surfaces.

NOTE: Adam's Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing is for exterior use. For interior leather, vinyl and plastic use Adam's Leather & Interior Conditioner or Adam's Total Interior Detailer​

VRT is great on the interior at 1:1. I even recall Dylan recommending it for Door panels in the past. Nothing keeping it from working great on the interior. 

Would all purpose cleaner be too aggressive to clean interior door panels prior to using detailer or conditioner? 

I often use APC at 1 part APC to 4 parts water to clean door panels, etc.  Just enough power to clean, but not enough to dry out anything.  Follow-up with TID or LC