Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Tire Shine

SS/ZL1

Question

Ive finally found a tire dressing I like, Cleaned the tires applied Adam's Tire Dressing spread it around with a hex applicator let it dry. Then the OCD took over and I took my master blaster and went over the tires. and I have great looking tires and best of all NO SLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

25 answers to this question

Why the master blaster? To get it to dry faster?

I'd LOVE to be able to get the result Adam demonstrated in his initial video where he introduced the product wnd sprayed it directly on the tire, let it dry and then leveled it out...and man it was nice and glossy! Yum!

I'd LOVE to be able to get the result Adam demonstrated in his initial video where he introduced the product wnd sprayed it directly on the tire, let it dry and then leveled it out...and man it was nice and glossy! Yum!

You can.  I just recently did that method on the Colorado and SS.  It's an extremely high gloss on the SS!  If you're concerned with it getting on the wheels, cut out a piece of cardboard the diameter of your wheels and hold it up to the wheel while spraying the dressing on the tire.  Let it sit for a couple minutes then spread!

The one complaint I have about the Tire Shine is that the minute you drive in the rain, even if it's a small amount of rain, it gets washed away instantly.

Gets the tire shine into the nooks and crannies.  Also dry's it quicker. 

The one complaint I have about the Tire Shine is that the minute you drive in the rain, even if it's a small amount of rain, it gets washed away instantly.

That seems strange.  I have not had an issue with it coming off in the rain.  Quite the opposite in fact, as I have found that it holds up to pressure washing quite well.

What did you use on the tires before trying Tire Shine?

That seems strange. I have not had an issue with it coming off in the rain. Quite the opposite in fact, as I have found that it holds up to pressure washing quite well.

What did you use on the tires before trying Tire Shine?

I used SVRT before Tire Shine came out. The tires are always cleaned with APC before either dressing is applied.

I recently viewed Adam's winter prep video and am about to embark on a similar task.

I have not yet tried the Tire Shine and personally don't really care for the look (no offense to those who do). I normally use just the VRT and love the matt look. 

My question:  Is VRT as good protection through the winter months as the Tire Shine would be. I'd be willing to live with the look if the protection was better.

Thanks in advance..

P.S. Adam did mention something about zipcodes if I remember correctly...lol

My question:  Is VRT as good protection through the winter months as the Tire Shine would be. I'd be willing to live with the look if the protection was better.

I have found that TS lasts longer in wet weather and through multiple washes.  I used to dress the tires every wash with SVRT, and now I only use TS about every 3-4 washes, and tires still look good.

Thanks for the info as well Dan, Just got my first bottle of tire shine, Looking forward to trying it out. 

Question, I had applied SVRT a month or so back to the tire, do I need to get overly aggressive on the cleaning or can I just do a quick clean to check it out? 

digging this up a bit, i have been using the tire shine now for a bit but it seems that i get a really awesome wet tire look the day it is applied but within a day or two it becomes a very matte finish still a great clean black tire but next to no shine.

For example i posted recently a photo of the truck all washed up in the what did you shine thread, but this morning the tires are a matte finish already with only about 120 miles on them.

I included a bottle of Tire Shine on yesterday's order...very, very heavily influenced by the special pricing. I wanted to give it a try.

This is not what you want to hear, but some folks, me included, prefer the matte look. If Tire Shine does what you describe and lasts longer than the S VRT I'd be delighted.

One of my plans was to try Tire Shine (hoping for longevity compared to S VRT) and top it with S VRT for a matte finish! :) 

In your case, maybe being super sure the tire is really clean before applying Tire Shine may help. And maybe re-coat each day once or twice?

The Tire Shine is AWESOME!!! First time using Tire Shine. What a difference with how my tires look!!attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

THAT looks really nice. Not greasy shinny at all...but not really matte. Maybe "satin". Regardless, if I could get that with some longevity I'd be seriously happy!

I am in the matte club most of the time, with a hint of gloss others. I found if you use your applicator without spraying, wait just a few seconds and then wipe down with utility towel it gives me the desired sheen. Not too glossy. It gives that OEM look with maybe a slightly darker appearance.