Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wash wedge

Dwhite0960

Question

Just used the wash wedge yesterday for the first time. I have to ask does anyone else think it just does not remove as much grime as a traditional wash pad. I hit a couple spots and dirt was left behind, follow with a wash pad and it comes off like butter. I was stoked about the wedge but thinking I might not enjoy this purchase much.

19 answers to this question

Hey Daniel, we want you to be fully satisfied with your purchase, so you can use our 110% guarantee. I haven't had too many issues with the Wash Wedge, but I do find that I need to apply a little more pressure with it than I would with our synthetic Wash Pads.

Give us a call or email and we can do a refund on the Wash Wedge and apply that credit towards an Adam's Merino Wool Wash Mitt, or other product you might be interested in purchasing. If you want to wait until your next order, that's fine too, just let us know how we can help out! Thanks!

I've had the same Meriano Mitt for 3-4 years now, I got it when Adam's first started carrying it. I use it all Spring, Summer and Fall and it holds up better than Pads. My Meriano is still super soft.

I use pads in the winter and usually every winter I go through 2-3 pads. The pads get nappy and not very soft over time.

I use the wedge on the sideskirts (very bottom of the side of the cars), where with the pad I'm bound to pick up some nasty stuff from the underside of the car. Sometimes the front bumper and grills too. I'd agree it takes more pressure to spread out the foam fingers and get the best results. That extra pressure makes me wary of using it on the upper portions of my cars - though I've read that some people use the opposite of my technique and treat the pads as being more disposable.

My pad is holding up very well after a year, but I do take care in fully rinsing it to remove all dirt after use. I love it, feels slick and safe with plenty of suds and the weight of it means I can get away with zero added pressure on more horizontal surfaces.

I had another brand of merino mitt before, and I think I'm just too OCD for it. I wound up combing it before every use, and it was very difficult to get it perfectly/comfortably clean with the length of the wool. In my experience with the pad, it grabs dirt just as well but rinses a lot easier.

Whatever you prefer, Adams has it and I'm sure they'll set you up properly.

Edited by butters

Holds up amazing - mine is going 3 years now, since its not synthetic it doesnt shed - I use it on upper beltline of the vehicles only, and I brush it out once or twice a year with a pet hair brush to fluff the fibers back up - it releases dirt awesome, great wash media

Good to hear as I have one on the way!

Edited by Steve_S

Hey Daniel, we want you to be fully satisfied with your purchase, so you can use our 110% guarantee. I haven't had too many issues with the Wash Wedge, but I do find that I need to apply a little more pressure with it than I would with our synthetic Wash Pads.

Give us a call or email and we can do a refund on the Wash Wedge and apply that credit towards an Adam's Merino Wool Wash Mitt, or other product you might be interested in purchasing. If you want to wait until your next order, that's fine too, just let us know how we can help out! Thanks!

Dan, I am always happy with my Adams purchase no worries there. I always know at the end of the day I will be taken care of well so I am willing try try anything out since the level of product is high. I mark it up for different strokes for different folks. I am going to give it a few more tries before I send her down the road however. Just one attempt isn't a fair shot in my book. Thanks for showing concern about it and I will be upsetting my wife soon since you say the mystery box is near, she just told me today no more adams for a while since I have invaded the guest closet.

Ordered a wedge a couple of orders ago, about 3 weeks, it's been too cold to use it I guess I have to wait until spring to test it out . How well does it hold up if doing things like rocker panels?

Ordered a wedge a couple of orders ago, about 3 weeks, it's been too cold to use it I guess I have to wait until spring to test it out . How well does it hold up if doing things like rocker panels?

Wedge holds up well. I had mine for a while. No issues.

I'm going to revive an old topic...I received a yellow wedge last year in a mystery box and have yet to use it.  I am finding myself doing more rinseless washes as things are getting cold in the north.  Has anyone tried the wedge with rinseless washes, I've been using several MF towels folded into 4's and moving to a new towel after the 4th side is used never putting a used towel back in the wash media.

I have both and prefer the wool mit. My mit is 3+ yrs old. After each use it get rinsed throughly , brushed and hung/ air dried. Yes I do brush the mit - prevents knapping and dries quicker. It felt strange using the wash wedge and pushing into the car so as not to miss / skip dirt spots.

I'm going to revive an old topic...I received a yellow wedge last year in a mystery box and have yet to use it.  I am finding myself doing more rinseless washes as things are getting cold in the north.  Has anyone tried the wedge with rinseless washes, I've been using several MF towels folded into 4's and moving to a new towel after the 4th side is used never putting a used towel back in the wash media.

I wouldn't use it for rinseless. (Actually, I have two and don't really like them). I use MULTIPLE towels so that I never have to put a dirty wash media back into the rinseless bucket.