Customer Service 866.965.0400

I'm on the fence...

stripesace

Question

About to pull the trigger on a Rupes 15 Mark II and a Mini. But the inner frugal-man comes out all of a sudden and I suddenly second guess myself.

Neither one of my vehicles requires a lot of correction and its mostly on the hoods, roofs, and truck lids, so I go back to could I do it with just the 15? Or do I really get crazy and just go Cyclo. 

Would love some opinions on those who have both, have tried both, or been down this road and decided to go one way or the other.

Can the Cyclo be someones only machine? Or do you find you still need the mini? 

Only you know what's right for you, I have all 3 Rupes,Flex and PC and all fill a need. IMO the 15 and Mini are good enough to accomplish any task that'll come your way. The 15 has become my most used tool just for the fact it's so smooth and is comfortable and if you look at the design trends on the new cars and trucks there are plenty of small,angled areas where the Mini is the perfect tool.Look at the Sierra, big truck right? Now look at the front and rear fenders and the front bumper the Mini is perfect. If your in the position to get both I say do it, both of mine are about 3 years old and have been problem free

post-6284-0-47451300-1455771594_thumb.jpeg

It sounds like you've almost made up your mind.

When shopping for new tools assess your needs vs. want. If you can get away with the one polisher, great! 

If you have the funds then go for broke.

I personally have the Cyclo, Rupes 21 & 15, Flex 3401, PC and a Duetto. Severe overkill but I have a detailing business and having multiple machines is needed on certain jobs and it is nice to have backup in case one fails mid-job.

Having said this the 15 & 21 are my go-to machines and can complete 80-90% of work across the vehicles I've done. The are great machines.

If you don't need much correction, the 15 is probably all you need. There will be some small areas you can't get into, but you might not even need to if the paint is in good shape.

But if you want to be able to get to everything, the Mini is a beast and will serve you well. It's great for just working on individual scratches too.

Only you know what's right for you, I have all 3 Rupes,Flex and PC and all fill a need. IMO the 15 and Mini are good enough to accomplish any task that'll come your way. The 15 has become my most used tool just for the fact it's so smooth and is comfortable and if you look at the design trends on the new cars and trucks there are plenty of small,angled areas where the Mini is the perfect tool.Look at the Sierra, big truck right? Now look at the front and rear fenders and the front bumper the Mini is perfect. If your in the position to get both I say do it, both of mine are about 3 years old and have been problem free

^^ This is exactly why I bought the 15 over the 21.  I own a GMC Sierra that has a lot of surface area, but the only flat spots are on the hood and roof, everything else has intricate angles which would be harder for the 21 to get into.  I don't have the mini, but I did convert my PC to the 4 inch pads to use in the tighter areas.

^^ This is exactly why I bought the 15 over the 21.  I own a GMC Sierra that has a lot of surface area, but the only flat spots are on the hood and roof, everything else has intricate angles which would be harder for the 21 to get into.  I don't have the mini, but I did convert my PC to the 4 inch pads to use in the tighter areas.

And this is why I'm thinking my next purchase will be the Cyclo.  Then my PC can do the lil areas, and both will have the same pads on them.  

I use the Cyclo as my only polisher. I have used it on all kinds of vehicles from full size trucks to small 30's ford hot rods. It is nice because when you turn it sideways it can get in really tight areas and when you are doing big areas it covers a lot of ground. There are times I wish I had a bit more correcting power just to save some time, but I have never been disappointed with the end result. I don't detail for a living so having multiple machines for me seemed like a lot of money to put out for not a lot of gain. I have used the Rupes machines at detail clinics and they are really nice but I have never regretted my cyclo purchase.

I just upgraded to the 15 Mk II and LOVE IT!  For a smaller throw polisher I am looking at the Rupes Mini, the Rupes Nano (probably would split the cost/ownership with someone else), and a knockoff of the Mini ($100 cheaper).  

If you're on the fence about the mini, abandon that right now. That machine is incredible. I have a Rupes 21, mini, and a Flex. I just ordered a Rupes 15 MK2, based on the performance of the prior Rupes machines I've owned. If I were you, I'd buy the two you are looking at without hesitation.

And this is why I'm thinking my next purchase will be the Cyclo.  Then my PC can do the lil areas, and both will have the same pads on them.

I was also on th fence choosing between the Cyclo and RUPES. The deciding factor for me was the extra correcting power in the Rupes.....the cyclo would be perfect for my vehicles, but on occasion I will do paint correction for my friends and figured the extra power might come in handy.

The attachment was written when Dylan worked for Adam's and gives a great comparison of the machine polishers offered by Adam's.

It would probably need to be updated with additional information related to the Rupes Mark II product line, but should give anyone contemplating a polisher purchase a lot of great information to make the correct choice for their individual needs.

machine_comp.pdf

The attachment was written when Dylan worked for Adam's and gives a great comparison of the machine polishers offered by Adam's.

It would probably need to be updated with additional information related to the Rupes Mark II product line, but should give anyone contemplating a polisher purchase a lot of great information to make the correct choice for their individual needs.

Great find Robert! 

The Mark II upgrades produced more power (40% for the 15, & 30% for the 21), so the mentioned 'Con' of the 15 'stalling' with complex curves is no longer an issue.  

Dylan spoke highly of rupes machines even before he started workin for them

Indeed I did - even long before AP began carrying the Bigfoot line I was fond of the tool and the people behind it. My affinity for the product and the people were a large reason I jumped at the opportunity to work with them. I am, if nothing else, highly committed to only working with products I feel are true to their marketing and claims. 

The company philosophy of continuous improvement, customer service, and integrity are in line with my own personal ideas. 

Great find Robert! 

The Mark II upgrades produced more power (40% for the 15, & 30% for the 21), so the mentioned 'Con' of the 15 'stalling' with complex curves is no longer an issue.  

Other improvements include a reinforced housing, improved grips, and the tool rest on the top (adopted from the Mini/Duetto design)

Edited by Dylan@RUPES

I have a Cyclo polisher and I love it, plus its made in USA. I got a good deal on it, so I couldn't pass it up. Now I'm on the hunt for a good deal on a Rupes mini, so I can get in to smaller areas. The Rupes mini uses the same pads as the Cyclo, so thats a business for me.

I have this combo. Though I have yet to try the mini yet as I took the family to Disney for Christmas and just have not had weather and time to do a paint correction. But can't wait to try it out.