Customer Service 866.965.0400

Edjumacate me on H20 Guard Gloss

crowvet

Question

18 answers to this question

I dry with it, little effort, nice results. It pretty much will extend the life of the LPS and the life of the wax if you go that route. I do LPS, Americana, then use G&G after every other wash on my DD. It will also protect rubber and plastics.

Yes, HGG is typically applied while the car is wet, so you are drying with it.  Unlike Detail Spray, the HGG will provide a good deal of protection, up to 2 months.

As Ryan replied, it also provides protection to plastic and rubber trim, and also the glass, which makes it a great product.  In addition, the gloss added is superior to just Detail Spray.

I apply HGG about every 4-6 weeks, with my base layer of protection being Paint Sealant and Glass Sealant.

Make sure to watch the videos, so you can follow the technique, as it is a little different than just drying with Detail Spray.

Make sure to watch the videos, so you can follow the technique, as it is a little different than just drying with Detail Spray.

Yea I think a user needs to think of it as a product more like wax that needs rubbed in.  If you go into it thinking its like detail spray as I did then you will be disappointed. I think Adam's has updated their videos slightly to reflect this.

I have yet to retry it since my first attempt but have my final wax on one vehicle now and next week the other vehicle gets the final wax and then I am ready to try it again.

Edited by rrmccabe

Been using it since it came out and have never been disappointed I really like it on my daily driver.  And now, my son in law is hooked on it as well for his 16 Explorer. Easy, easy, easy to use with great results.  

^Agreed - it is not just doing a final wipe with Detail spray, you are spreading on a wet surface and working in with your damp towel until its basically disappeared and moisture is gone - then going over with the dry towel to remove any minor hazing that may be left

I use it once a month and my favorite thing about it is the gloss it provides to light colour vehicles like light blue, silver, white, etc...

I call it the BG for light colour vehicles

There was nothing else other than H2O on the car, no detail spray either, LPS was about 12 months old so it that was gone

post-12101-0-07795100-1464984413_thumb.jpg

Edited by AvsBest

I use it once a month and my favorite thing about it is the gloss it provides to light colour vehicles like light blue, silver, white, etc...

I call it the BG for light colour vehicles

There was nothing else other than H2O on the car, no detail spray either, LPS was about 12 months old so it that was gone

attachicon.gifIMG_7115.jpg

I just ordered my first batch of this with the latest sale.  I wasn't sure how it would work on my Grabber Blue Boss, but you just sold me.

I just ordered my first batch of this with the latest sale. I wasn't sure how it would work on my Grabber Blue Boss, but you just sold me.

Should work just as good on your grabber blue. Rinseless also leaves about the same result so grab that too if you don't have any. 20min for a full wash can't beat that!

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but G&G does not need to be used every wash. In fact, I use G&G once every 3-4 weeks. I use Detail Spray in between, which boosts the shine again. My car is parked outdoors usually, so at about the 3-4 week mark I can see the shine begin to fade a little, so I use G&G for that wash and the shine is back to full.

For an added pop for special events (car show, cruise, etc) you can use Brilliant Glaze on top of G&G. The glaze won't last long, but your G&G will still be there, keeping your car shiny and protected.

The best combo I have found is using rinseless for the wash and when the panel is still wet use the h20 the gloss is out of bounds. I love when people ask what wax I just used and I say I didn't. Quality products and good technique provide excellent results.

Do you simply replace the shampoo with rinseless?

Do you simply replace the shampoo with rinseless?

Yes basically you are doing a rinseless wash, cleaning the panel with a soaked MF towel, when the panel is still damp, apply the GG with a different damp towel (not the one you just cleaned the panel with) and work it in, then take your dry towel to finish streak free and clean.  You are cleaning the car and sealing in basically one process - and it can be done in the comfort of your garage.