Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dog hair!

tjk

Question

I have an all white American Bulldog which very short hair that sheds like crazy and every vehicle I have has black carpet. When I go to detail them after a road trip with the dog it is next to impossible to get the hair out. Of course I vacuum what I can I've tried a pet hair roller with out much success. It almost comes down to pulling each hair out of the carpet and feeding it to the vacuum one by one. Does anyone have a trick. I do put blankets and sheets down but her hair is magic it still gets everywhere so I'm mostly looking for advice on how to remove it not prevent it.

post-14481-0-50996700-1470048760_thumb.jpg

Edited by tjk

20 answers to this question

I just realize it's a losing battle and only vacuum the carpets once in a while. I usually only spend time wiping all the free hair off the doors and seats, and then washing all the nose and tongue marks off the windows. I think i'd rather pay somebody to detail the carpets lol.

I have a yellow lab and black carpet.I feel your pain,my dog sheds so much I could knit a cat with all the hair he sheds in a week.

The best thing I found is a rubber fingered brush meant for pet hair and gradually brush the hair into the shop vac.

Takes a while but it works.Still need to try the stone

Edited by 1911A1

All of the above suggestions work well. I employ them all as each situation is different.

I've had the best success with a nitrile glove on one hand and the vacuum attchment in the link above in combination. I "rake" and/or "rub" using the gloved hand into the waiting nozzle of the vacuum hand. The effectiveness varies based upon the pile and type of carpet/seats but it seems to be the most efficient way of getting it done. You'll still have to go back over it for the stubborn hairs, but you'll get practically all of it on the first pass.

Fellow American Bulldog owner!  People don't realize that our dogs short white hairs are totally different than the longer silkier locks of a golden retriever.

My wifes car has beige leatherette and I have to go over it every few weeks - forget about cloth seats or black interiors with an AB :)

Rich, We have 2 white cats and neither have ever been in my truck, but there is plenty of cat hair in my truck, so your theory has a hole in it.

Yeah, we have a cat too.  14 years old.  He absolutely HATES the car when we have to take him to the vet in the carrier.  Leather seats, so I don't see any hair.  I'm sure it's there though.  

Fellow American Bulldog owner! People don't realize that our dogs short white hairs are totally different than the longer silkier locks of a golden retriever.

My wifes car has beige leatherette and I have to go over it every few weeks - forget about cloth seats or black interiors with an AB :)

people just don't understand until they have an AB the hair is like small soft needles that work their way inside the carpet. All my vehicles have black leather seats and that's not a big deal as she doesn't get on the seats but the carpet in the back of my dodge Durango is the worst and the carpet looks great when new but the more you rub it it looks really bad and matts and pulls looking terrible. Cost of owning one of the kindest most gentle breeds out there. Edited by tjk

people just don't understand until they have an AB the hair is like small soft needles that work they way inside the carpet. All my vehicles have black leather seats and that's not a big deal as she doesn't get on the seats bit the carpet in the back of my dodge Durango has the worst and the carpet looks great when new but the more you rub it it looks really bad and matts and and pulls looking terrible. Cost of owning one of the kindest most gentle breeds out there.

Try a stiff bristle brush to loosen up the hairs as you go over with the shop vac. What vac and attachments are you using?

And yes they are the best- post a pic of yours! Mine is going to be 10 this month and is in amazing shape - and he is a recent cancer survivor - thank God - we had a month of radiation and then 5 chemo treatments but his oncology team is so amazing to save his life.

And yes the sharp white needles my wife is always picking the hairs out of her bra because they stab her lol!

My girl is 9 and healthy as an Ox. I'm so glad yours pulled through and is recovered. I mostly use the vacuum attachment Chris linked in post #3 I think I may try the stone thing. I tried the rubber finger brush last night but it's about the same work one hair at a time until u dig it up to the surface im about to turn the music and AC up and go to town with a pair of tweezers I thought some watered down fabric softener in a spray bottle may help it release from the fibers and alow the vacuum to pick em up, I may give that a shot and report back.

post-14481-0-68078300-1470093994_thumb.jpg

post-14481-0-09638900-1470094066_thumb.jpg

post-14481-0-24017700-1470094300_thumb.jpg

post-14481-0-90149300-1470094460_thumb.jpg

post-14481-0-42352700-1470094858_thumb.jpg

post-14481-0-30749700-1470095020_thumb.jpg

Edited by tjk

My girl is 9 and healthy as an Ox. I'm so glad yours pulled through and is recovered. I mostly use the vacuum attachment Chris linked in post #3 I think I may try the stone thing. I tried the rubber finger brush last night but it's about the same work one hair at a time until u dig it up to the surface im about to turn the music and AC up and go to town with a pair of tweezers I thought some watered down fabric softener in a spray bottle may help it release from the fibers and alow the vacuum to pick em up, I may give that a shot and report back.

Omg she is too precious!! <3