Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Shops using Adam's?

mnewstadt

Question

20 answers to this question

After talking it over with Ashley, this is something that we might do further down the road, but it will take a fair amount of planning and research since we don't want to suggest a bunch of shops without knowing their work first-hand. There are also logistics involved as to whether each shop would give us permission to post their information. Thanks.

In the meantime, post up your general location here, and hopefully someone in the community will know of a good shop to recommend near you :) 

suggestion for a process/format for such a list...

1st collect the list of shops that use Adam's Products

then create a ranking/legend that includes a number of informational tidbits

1 they are on the list so they are known to use Adam's

2nd they use exclusively Adam's (at least on product categories that Adam's has)

3rd a recommended by Adam's forums members including how many recommendations .. perhaps with even reviews from members...

4th recommended by Adam's ... and I expect that to be pretty rare, unless you guys start some sort of affiliated detailer program which will be the crazy involved planning and research... but might be worthwhile business wise..  ( I'd love to find a detailer that I could stop in and pick up a bottle of product I'm low or out of... kinda like I get my beard conditioner from my barber shop )

( I'd love to find a detailer that I could stop in and pick up a bottle of product I'm low or out of... kinda like I get my beard conditioner from my barber shop )

^ this.....

Which is exactly why I setup my business model like I did.  I use what I sell and sell what I use.  While my shop is not 100% exclusively Adam's, the other products on my retail shelves are chemicals like RaggTopp and Xenit which Adam's does not offer.  I also have some brushes and towels that Adam's used to sell but stopped carrying for whatever reason.  I still like (and use) such products and believe in them so I continue to stock them for my retail customers.

^ this.....

Which is exactly why I setup my business model like I did.  I use what I sell and sell what I use.  While my shop is not 100% exclusively Adam's, the other products on my retail shelves are chemicals like RaggTopp and Xenit which Adam's does not offer.  I also have some brushes and towels that Adam's used to sell but stopped carrying for whatever reason.  I still like (and use) such products and believe in them so I continue to stock them for my retail customers.

Now open some stores/shops in Texas..

you could start in or near Plano and that would be ok :)

There is a shop in Farmingdale NY which sells Adams products (they have everything Adams sells in a hugh display room) they do have other products also but very little (maybe 85% Adams / 15% other) I think the name of the place is "long island detailing" they are located on rt 110. I only found them by accident, I walked in and saw their room with tons of Adams stuff (from applicator pad,buckets,towels,every chemical product). I was very surprised that they are not listed as a distributor.

Maybe Adams could send them a banner or some sought of outside sign so others would know they sell your products which means more $$$ ($$$ are always good)

Edited by lljimll

This is a great concept, one we have been kicking around for a bit!  With a referral website, I'm very confident there would be many jobs booked.  

You have your garage queen, and you have your mini-van or beater.  As our family grew and got involved in snow sports, the minivan got traded for a Yukon.  It's dang nice, but we work it like a rented mule!

Regardless, I don't get nearly as much therapy detailing the Yukon as I do detailing the Jeep SRT, the dually, or the old 911.   Removing all the kid seats is the first thing to do, and that's got to be one of the least enjoyable parts of being a parent.   I love being a Dad, what a blessing, it is so rewarding.  That said, pulling kid seats sucks. 

We finished an awesome road trip with my family last night, Boulder, Colorado to Boise and McCall, Idaho, 2,500 miles round-trip after some excursions.    The Yukon is completely trashed.   We may have wiped out entire species of bugs on the front of this thing, it's not even white as the rest of the vehicle.

It would have been awesome to have a simple portal to login, and find a local detailer.  Even a detailer rating service, and several tiers of detailer, depending on a host of things, like years in business, services offered, and positive reviews?  

As a detailer, I'd also want our system to offer a customer rating system.  I used to have a few consistently impossible to please customers.  Rather let the community know if someone is a miserable hag, regardless of how nice their detail job was! 

Finding a detailer along the way would be stellar, and I would have gladly paid a few bucks extra if they used good stuff.  Shows they care a bit more than just buying the cheapest stuff available!

How about a Detailer Certification program, where we can refer a Platinum, Gold, or Silver certified detailer?  Might be a good plan to get the right detailer for the right job?

Other thoughts?

Adam, you are spot on with the Dealer Certification Program.  I use that system with my company, and customers can quickly and conveniently look across the nation who the closest dealer is to them. 

The certification program does things for both sides of the fence:

- It allows the customer to find the dealer they are looking for

- It allows the dealer to be more visible to the customer

We get leads all the time at our office, and we can quickly turn them over to one of our dealers in the area that sells our products.  The dealer has to go through a process to get certified, but it shows their interest level by going through it.  We also offer our dealers special pricing that the public would not see, so that is another benefit to them.  

I highly recommend this idea!

I like the idea of a rating system, and one that is not completely reliant on customer reviews but also the products and capabilities of the shop. 

I would also be interested to know if they solely use Adams products of if they use other chemicals as well, there are things Adams doesnt produce and knowing that a shop will use things to perform a task that is required would be nice to know. 

Adam has a great thought out plan. Meanwhile, Chris is spot on. I know of several detailers that I refer, based on what the customer expects, and how much they are willing to pay. So, possible check your local dealers for suggestions.

Bruce

Adam,

I actually was not going so far off into the deep end with it.. at least not initially...

I think you could use the forums to get it started..  thinking a sub-forum that has a list of detailers you guys know of that use your products to be added to by the forum users and perhaps the detailers themselves.. (kinda can't stop them without administrative load on your moderators) make the forum rules to search for detailer before posting (yea that never works great but I think merging  threads would be a more effective use of the moderators than playing cop) and provide a format for the post in rules sticky.. (something they can cut and paste would make that more effective).. give me a bit and I might come up with an example of what I mean, but gives you a way to test the waters and see how things go and a ideas on how you might need to tweak things to make them even more effective if you decide to make a deeper time investment into it..  a little paddling around in the shallow end to see how the water is if you will...