Customer Service 866.965.0400

Why Do I Even Bother!

TheMorningRise7

Question

14 answers to this question

10 hours ago, TheMorningRise7 said:

Within 48 hours of doing our vehicles it rains.

Everytime!

No matter what the forecast is.?

you must live in the northeast cause thats what our crappy weather has been like here in DC....going on 2 months now 

Washed and detailed the Vette on Saturday, went to a charity cruise in Sunday, got caught in a downpour on the way home, and washed and detailed her again today.  I'm over it! ??

12 hours ago, rrmccabe said:

You should charge for that service. Go to drought stricken areas and wash your truck.

California would pay you millions :)

Yes, It was hot today.. Was out all day installing break pads and rotors for my jeep. I did my Dad's headlights he came over. So I told him If he wanted me to remove the haze on them. California has great weather for Car washes..;)

Pennsylvanian here. Can confirm, rain occurs moments after washing. 

As to why we do it? Well, I suppose it helps me to set realistic expectations. My GTI is my daily driver. I park it outside 24/7. I've just had to accept my car will probably be dirty more often than it is clean. That said when properly washed and protected (i.e. waxed/sealed/coated) there is no reason my car shouldn't look pretty damn good for years to come.

It seem that in South Carolina, it is only a question of what time it is going to rain not whether or not it will rain.   My truck which also sits outside, does look pretty good, at least the sand dust keep getting rinsed off it.  It is supposed to be a daily driver, but given that I work from the house for the next months , it is closer to a weekly driver.

Edited by RayS