Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello from Coralville, Iowa!!

Hawkrod

I was looking at the sk. I was hoping to maybe get one in the mystery buckets I got but no luck. I was browsing prime day sales and found cg torqx polisher kit for 129$ marked down from 200. Idk how it compares to the sk but from what I read it does a great job. 

Thanks Rich! It looks like two different combos each have two of either the 21 & 12mm or the 15 &12mm Swirl Killers. Do I need both? Is the 15mm a good one to start with? Also, how about the different kits with the Swirl Killer? Two stage, three stage kits, etc?? Sorry for all the questions as I am definitely a newbie! :) I appreciate your quick response earlier. I am trying to learn and start right!

Just now, Rzbarker said:

I was looking at the sk. I was hoping to maybe get one in the mystery buckets I got but no luck. I was browsing prime day sales and found cg torqx polisher kit for 129$ marked down from 200. Idk how it compares to the sk but from what I read it does a great job. 

I cant compare that for you but I can tell you as someone with arthritis and a car with very little flat area, the SK Mini was perfect for me.

1 minute ago, kaj41354 said:

I cant compare that for you but I can tell you as someone with arthritis and a car with very little flat area, the SK Mini was perfect for me.

I picked one up. I really wanted the sk but it's just not affordable at this time. I'm in the process of remodeling my home so spending money on car stuff is limited. I'll eventually get the sk mini. 

Welcome to the forum! I started my addiction with a Swirl Killer and I basically built my kit based off the type of work I needed done and the budget I had. I was very particular of the things I wanted to try and I messed around with different carts and compared them. The videos on the website really helped me decide on what I needed for my car to get it to the condition I would be happy with. I started with a 15mm, a stack of microfibers, detail spray, visco clay, and the 3 polishes with the respective pads. It was a pretty penny but definitely worth the investment. I am also fairly new to detailing and I was able to achieve my shine goal with the help of the videos and the forum.  

7 hours ago, Hawkrod said:

I am a newbie. I ordered the ceramic kit for my new Escalade. I want to get a machine polisher/kit and looking for the one to start with? Thanks for the help!

Howdy neighbor. & welcome to the nightmare ?...Just have to ask, is the restaurant in Iowa city on the river  in a old broom factory or flour plant still there, loved that place......

Hey Rod, Welcome! :welcome: Yes I can tell you guys first hand, swirl killer 15 and mini 12 are the way to go. I am new to the process and started with a cheap harbor freight setup, as I thought I wouldn't need the more expensive polisher since Im just a weekend warrior. Let me tell you how wrong I was... not only does the swirl killers do a better job with less time and effort, the amount of fatigue to my arms was CONSIDERABLY less with the swirl killers. You will get done quicker, the finished result will look better, and you will be WAY less tired when you get done! You could get by with the SK 15mm alone if you absolutely had to, but the mini helps a lot with the curves of my car and smaller areas so for me having the mini also ended up being a must.... Good luck, hope this helps!

Edited by M3Eric

21 hours ago, Hawkrod said:

Thanks Rich! It looks like two different combos each have two of either the 21 & 12mm or the 15 &12mm Swirl Killers. Do I need both? Is the 15mm a good one to start with? Also, how about the different kits with the Swirl Killer? Two stage, three stage kits, etc?? Sorry for all the questions as I am definitely a newbie! :) I appreciate your quick response earlier. I am trying to learn and start right!

I have the 15 and 12. I use the 15 a lot more than the 12, but there is definitely a need for the smaller one. I use it on my wheels a lot. The two step is a good start for a newbie till you get the hang of it, and until you decide if you like using a machine, or prefer hand detailing. You can always add to your stash as you get more comfortable.

On 7/16/2018 at 9:14 PM, Hawkrod said:

I am a newbie. I ordered the ceramic kit for my new Escalade. I want to get a machine polisher/kit and looking for the one to start with? Thanks for the help!

First, welcome, Rod!

To your question, here's a great write-up by @shane@detailedreflections to help further guide you in your selection.

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:48 AM, M3Eric said:

Hey Rod, Welcome! :welcome: Yes I can tell you guys first hand, swirl killer 15 and mini 12 are the way to go. I am new to the process and started with a cheap harbor freight setup, as I thought I wouldn't need the more expensive polisher since Im just a weekend warrior. Let me tell you how wrong I was... not only does the swirl killers do a better job with less time and effort, the amount of fatigue to my arms was CONSIDERABLY less with the swirl killers. You will get done quicker, the finished result will look better, and you will be WAY less tired when you get done! You could get by with the SK 15mm alone if you absolutely had to, but the mini helps a lot with the curves of my car and smaller areas so for me having the mini also ended up being a must.... Good luck, hope this helps!

^^^ 100% Agree with M3Eric here.  I purchased the 3" and 6" Griots polishers early this year and used them once and now they sit wrapped up in the boxes they came in. Upgraded to the 12mm SK Mini and the 15mm SK and the difference is night and day. The SK's are a lot quieter, run smoother with very little vibrations, and have plenty of cutting power. They are 100% worth the investment. The 12mm SK mini is a beast of machine and great for all the smaller areas of your vehicle.  Welcome to the forums and your new drug.....The "Adams Addiction" is a real thing with no interventions available lol.