Jump to content
Customer Service 866.965.0400

Door Jambs


mwelton
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, kaj41354 said:

Depends on current condition.  I have used diluted APC,  WWDS, or RW (diluted) depending on the amount of dirt.

I have used interior detail to clean them. Most of the time they are just dusty. Its the rear hatch that gets nasty. I'll probably go for the all purpose cleaner in that area. Thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kaj41354 said:

Depends on current condition.  I have used diluted APC,  WWDS, or RW (diluted) depending on the amount of dirt.

 

54 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Waterless Wash.  Unless there is a lot of grease or other nasty stuff - then All Purpose Cleaner.

Hello, 

They all have the right answers. I use APC or ECO APC diluted with a dedicated microfiber just for door jambs.

How dirty is it?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mwelton said:

I have used interior detail to clean them. Most of the time they are just dusty. Its the rear hatch that gets nasty. I'll probably go for the all purpose cleaner in that area. Thanks. 

haha you just type it the same time I was asking.. ?   

 

BTW here is a helpful dilution ratios.   

 

Edited by wildcatz80
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mwelton said:

I have used interior detail to clean them. Most of the time they are just dusty. Its the rear hatch that gets nasty. I'll probably go for the all purpose cleaner in that area. Thanks. 

I should have probably also stated it depends on the material ....I have a spray bottle of Diluted (32:1) APC that I use on all the jambs...and then if it is just light dust it gets WW, DS or RW for the metal also VRT on any rubber inserts.  I treat painted metal outside and inside the same as well as trim made from plastic or rubber

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, wildcatz80 said:

 

Hello, 

They all have the right answers. I use APC or ECO APC diluted with a dedicated microfiber just for door jambs.

How dirty is it?  

Just the typical dust. The rear hatch is a little greasy. I will use APC and some cheap microfiber towels from Home Depot.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One method I have used is the actual wash pad that I use for the lower portion of the car along with a lug nut brush and sometimes even a wheel woolie. Of course that’s after a pretreat using RW and I also have a bucket of soapy water. After all of that, I typically hit it with RW again and use a mf towel to get all the water off of it. It’s probably an overkill process but it works. After it’s dry I will usually glaze it also. But I’m a bit anal about my door jambs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Nothing worse than opening the door on a ‘clean’ car only to see shmutzy door jambs. Same goes for the gas hole. Clean ‘em and keep ‘em clean.  BTW: I coated my door jambs, gas hole, trunk and hood margins, makes clean up a breeze. Paint Sealant, Spray Wax, Ceramic Boost, etc. also work well.  While you’re there remember to keep your weatherstripping properly conditioned per your owners manual.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do like steam to clean the door jambs but i've found it's even quicker to soak the door jambs in apc(or preferred cleaner) before i sit down to clean my wheels and then after i pressure wash the wheels off i hit the door jambs with the pressure washer and they're always squeaky clean after that. Even on a few customers cars that are pretty hammered i usually don't even have to touch the door jambs with this method.

and +1 on treating the jambs with some sort of sealant to keep maintenance cleaning easy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, ColoradoSHObro said:

I do like steam to clean the door jambs but i've found it's even quicker to soak the door jambs in apc(or preferred cleaner) before i sit down to clean my wheels and then after i pressure wash the wheels off i hit the door jambs with the pressure washer and they're always squeaky clean after that. Even on a few customers cars that are pretty hammered i usually don't even have to touch the door jambs with this method.

and +1 on treating the jambs with some sort of sealant to keep maintenance cleaning easy. 

 

How do you "hit the door jambs with pressure washer" without soaking the interior?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Beemer said:

 

 

How do you "hit the door jambs with pressure washer" without soaking the interior?

 

open the door all the way,  put the 40degree rinse nozzzle on and just shoot from the top down for the jambs then i sit in the seat and spray out for the bottom of the door panel. it sounds more messy than it is. if you’re careful you can do it with getting minimal moisture inside and just quickly wipe up any overspray. besides if i’m doing the interior it doesn’t matter. overall this method takes seconds and it’s touchless on most vehicles.

 

 

80E4A24D-82BF-40E7-AB64-CB2D965C944E.jpeg

F26B859F-BEFE-4D9D-98DB-AB1E5CFB1D09.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Beemer said:

 

 

How do you "hit the door jambs with pressure washer" without soaking the interior?

 

 

1 hour ago, ColoradoSHObro said:

open the door all the way,  put the 40degree rinse nozzzle on and just shoot from the top down for the jambs then i sit in the seat and spray out for the bottom of the door panel. it sounds more messy than it is. if you’re careful you can do it with getting minimal moisture inside and just quickly wipe up any overspray. besides if i’m doing the interior it doesn’t matter. overall this method takes seconds and it’s touchless on most vehicles.

 

 

80E4A24D-82BF-40E7-AB64-CB2D965C944E.jpeg

F26B859F-BEFE-4D9D-98DB-AB1E5CFB1D09.jpeg

 

To clarify what I think Travis is saying...you turn the nozzle vertically and keep the spray head close to the door jam.

 

For me, just diluted RW and towels. Works like a champ.

Edited by falcaineer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since I started working with Waterless Wash, that has been my go to for door jams.  If they are real bad, then I start with Eco APC, followed by WW.   I have found that going over the jams with HGG or CB helps keep them cleaner for a longer period and reduces the number of towels needed in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

 

 

To clarify what I think Travis is saying...you turn the nozzle vertically and keep the spray head close to the door jam.

 

For me, just diluted RW and towels. Works like a champ.

 i just meant switching the nozzle on the pressure washer lance so its not as strong of a pressure and doesn’t splatter everywhere. and i actually try to keep at least a foot away from  the door jambs to avoid dislodging any rubber boots etc with the pressure. 

come to think of it i actually use the 25 degree green nozzle.

no touching, no towels, saves a ton of time for me 

F552EC24-2A1B-4B1E-B0E9-57BDB0933DF0.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ColoradoSHObro said:

 i just meant switching the nozzle on the pressure washer lance so its not as strong of a pressure and doesn’t splatter everywhere. and i actually try to keep at least a foot away from  the door jambs to avoid dislodging any rubber boots etc with the pressure. 

come to think of it i actually use the 25 degree green nozzle.

no touching, no towels, saves a ton of time for me 

F552EC24-2A1B-4B1E-B0E9-57BDB0933DF0.jpeg

 

Ok, gotcha. Still, works best with the nozzle turned vertically if anyone was wondering.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...