Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Am I Doing Wrong (Glass Cleaning)

SS LeadFoot

Question

14 answers to this question

My guess is using too much GC (it doesn't take much) or maybe the towels are too dirty/saturated. To echo @tlbullet, which products are you using?

I, too, really like BG as a glass cleaner. No streaks.

One tip: clean inside glass in one direction (left/right, for example), and the outside in the other (up/down). That way you know where the streaks are.

5 hours ago, tlbullet said:

Once u try BG theres no turning back. Sooooo easy. 

Once the wife realizes that you can clean a windshield and have it streak free, you'll not only make her happy that you are doing windows, but she'll also be less resistant to the other Adam's products you want to order.

20 minutes ago, RayS said:

Once the wife realizes that you can clean a windshield and have it streak free, you'll not only make her happy that you are doing windows, but she'll also be less resistant to the other Adam's products you want to order.

May have a few other things to recommend, Ray 😁

16 hours ago, RayS said:

Somehow I don't see this happening. My wife could care less about how clean her car is. But, if it works that would be amazing! It would make it my favorite product hands down!

5 hours ago, BRZN said:

I keep a Microsilk Towel in a baggie, in the map pocket on all my vehicles driver's side doors. If I see a streak on the inside of the glass a quick wipe with this very under rated towel takes care of the issue. No product required, just the dry towel.

I will have to try this first. I have that towel.

IF I go the BG route, what do you use to apply it and take it off? Sorry, I have never used it before.

Edited by SS LeadFoot

5 hours ago, SS LeadFoot said:

Somehow I don't see this happening. My wife could care less about how clean her car is. But, if it works that would be amazing! It would make it my favorite product hands down!

I will have to try this first. I have that towel.

IF I go the BG route, what do you use to apply it and take it off? Sorry, I have never used it before.

I use a microfiber applicator on the windows and when I'm doing the body with BG, then I use one of the Patriot Wax applicators.   Also, it is easier to work with, in my opinion, by putting a spray nozzle in the bottle, just make sure you always shake it before use.  As for the removal, a microfiber towel works great.

Chris, @falcaineer helped with converting the wife.  She watches for the Adam's sales and even does the ordering and she's really good about getting anything that Chris recommends.  Although, I will point out that he's gotten me in trouble a few times when she finds out that I'm not using the "Best" item on her vehicle.   

5 hours ago, RayS said:

Chris, @falcaineer helped with converting the wife.  She watches for the Adam's sales and even does the ordering and she's really good about getting anything that Chris recommends.  Although, I will point out that he's gotten me in trouble a few times when she finds out that I'm not using the "Best" item on her vehicle. 

😇

5 hours ago, RayS said:

I use a microfiber applicator on the windows and when I'm doing the body with BG, then I use one of the Patriot Wax applicators.   Also, it is easier to work with, in my opinion, by putting a spray nozzle in the bottle, just make sure you always shake it before use.  As for the removal, a microfiber towel works great.

Do what I did.  ASK your wife to clean the windows inside. Tell her that her hands are smaller and you can't get into the corners. Then when it's done, tell her how GREAT the windows look, and that you could never get them to look that good.  After that, she'll want to do them all the time.   Just don't let your wife know I told you.  :lolsmack: