Customer Service 866.965.0400

Microfiber Revitalzier

TR6speed

Question

Ok I am expecting a shipment tomorrow and in it is the 32OZ bottle of the Microfiber Revitalizer, along with a 6 pack of the waterless wash towels and a Mini Drying towel.  I normal have never washed new towels but I read some members do recommend it.  SO my question is, I read where the revitalizer can be used  (a few ounces) was solution.  Does that mean that I all that is needed or is that to be added to the normal wash solution of detergent?

6 answers to this question

I have done it both ways. I've used MRB as the only detergent and used it in addition to ALL Free & Clear. I don't really notice a difference either way. Recently, I have been adding a glug or two to the wash along with ALL and the towels always seem to come out great. 

No need to 'wash' new towels, but I would recommend running them thru the Rinse cycle, to remove anything that may have gotten on them during storage/shipping.

The MFR is used just like regular laundry detergent, not as an additive.  It has degreasers, and other stuff to get the MF towels cleaner and softer than regular detergent.  You can also use some in a bucket as a pre-soak for the 'dirtier' towels.  (I presoak all my towels for 12-24 hours before washing them,  but have enough towels to only do laundry every 3 months.)

I see a bunch of comments above about "regular laundry detergent" which I never use on my MicroFiber towels, even the old ones.  If I don't use Microfiber Revitalizer, then I use Tide Free and Clear so there are no perfumes other harsh chemical in the detergent.   I know others use All Free and Clear and I'm sure there other brands as well.   I have also always been very firm that no power detergents will touch my towels, liquid only.

I do not pre-wash my Adam's towels, but do give them a good shake out first.   I received a gift of Packers, Green and Gold along with Syracuse Orange towels and those were all washed before being used. They are nice towels, but sure had a ton of fuzzies on them.

I use both the MFR and LIQUID laundry soap or pods.  NEVER EVER use powder soap washing your towels.  Some granules don't dissolve and then they scratch your paint when you use the towels.  Dryer is fine to use, just no dryer sheets in the dryer, and no fabric softener in the wash either.

MFR is the laundry detergent for your Microfiber towels. There's no need to add anything else to the wash cycle. I'll put 2oz of it in the washer and let it do it's job. By adding anything else you risk not getting the towels completely rinsed of detergent. If there's detergent left in the towel you're more likely to have streaks on your paint.

I do not wash my new microfiber towels when they arrive from headquarters. I just give them a couple/few good snaps to get any dust or lint off of them. When we're at Barrett-Jackson, Carlisle, Sema, Hot August Nights, etc we're using new towels on high dollar vehicles without washing them first.