Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question relate to Adams Detail Spray

blee9999

Question

I just bought an Adams polish detail spray to use as a drying agent for my paint. I have a question and concern. Do I have to dampen my microfiber towel when I using the detail spray as a drying agent? And I heard that Adams detail spray protects the paint but not as spray-on wax. I do own a spray-on wax but it's from Griots. I am planning to buy an Adams spray on wax but not until I used all my griots spray-on wax. Is it okay to use Adams detail spray first to dry off the paint and use griots spray on wax to shine the car?  I don't think it will hurt the paint but I just wanted to make sure. Thank you for kind responses in advance :).

22 answers to this question

In answer to your question,  if you just washed your car and want to use the Detail Spray as a drying agent, that's great. Your car should be wet already, just spray the DS onto the car and wipe. Your towel will be wet in no time, so no need to dampen it.  As for the Griots Spray Wax, I've never used it, but I can't imagine that it will hurt a thing.  You may have some streaking from combining two different company's chemicals,  but it could also work just fine.  Go for it. 

Im in agreement with @Rich  ...i do use the DS slightly differently when drying...i quickly dry my car using a blower then take a dry MF, using a few sprays per panel dry the car completely. I fold the towel

in way to have 8 dry sides and usually dry the car streak free with one MF. (Either gray borderless or single soft)

On 2/24/2020 at 7:54 PM, Rich said:

In answer to your question,  if you just washed your car and want to use the Detail Spray as a drying agent, that's great. Your car should be wet already, just spray the DS onto the car and wipe. Your towel will be wet in no time, so no need to dampen it.  As for the Griots Spray Wax, I've never used it, but I can't imagine that it will hurt a thing.  You may have some streaking from combining two different company's chemicals,  but it could also work just fine.  Go for it. 

Perfect will do for the next wash. Thank you Rich! And do you think it is okay to use DS as a dusting agent as well? I feel like remove dust with only dried microfiber will scratch the paint. 

On 2/25/2020 at 11:41 AM, tlbullet said:

Im in agreement with @Rich  ...i do use the DS slightly differently when drying...i quickly dry my car using a blower then take a dry MF, using a few sprays per panel dry the car completely. I fold the towel

in way to have 8 dry sides and usually dry the car streak free with one MF. (Either gray borderless or single soft)

I will plan to purchase blower in future. Thank you for your tip!

7 hours ago, blee9999 said:

Perfect will do for the next wash. Thank you Rich! And do you think it is okay to use DS as a dusting agent as well? I feel like remove dust with only dried microfiber will scratch the paint. 

What I do, if I get dust from setting in the garage I use DS, If I get road dust from driving I use WW to be safe.

18 hours ago, blee9999 said:

I will plan to purchase blower in future. Thank you for your tip!

Adam's sells some good ones. I have the Master Blaster and it's a great addition to my garage.  The hose will reach around any car or truck.

On 2/27/2020 at 4:07 PM, Rich said:

Adam's sells some good ones. I have the Master Blaster and it's a great addition to my garage.  The hose will reach around any car or truck.

That is great because my car is a SUV :) 

On 2/28/2020 at 7:29 AM, GXPaycheck said:

Master Blaster is great! You can get a longer hose which helps, and you will need a 20 amp outlet for it. It can pop the CBs on regular outlets. 

Thats a good news.Thank you !

On 2/27/2020 at 4:31 AM, Chris@Adams said:

What I do, if I get dust from setting in the garage I use DS, If I get road dust from driving I use WW to be safe.

Currently using chemical guys eco-smart RU for road dust. CG product is great but I think I should purchase an Adams WW in the future. 

9 hours ago, blee9999 said:

Currently using chemical guys eco-smart RU for road dust. CG product is great but I think I should purchase an Adams WW in the future. 

Get the Rinseless Wash, and diluted to WW level...much cheaper.

I've used the Spray On Wax from Griot's. Not bad stuff, but I found it streaks some on glass. Adam's Spray Wax doesn't seem to streak like the Griot's product, and both can be used as a drying agent. Using the Adam's Detail Spray as a drying agent, then following up with the Griot's Spray On Wax is over kill, adds time to your car wash, and doesn't add much of anything to your cars gloss. Use up the Griot's and give Adam's Spray Wax a try, you won't be disappointed!

13 hours ago, BRZN said:

I've used the Spray On Wax from Griot's. Not bad stuff, but I found it streaks some on glass. Adam's Spray Wax doesn't seem to streak like the Griot's product, and both can be used as a drying agent. Using the Adam's Detail Spray as a drying agent, then following up with the Griot's Spray On Wax is over kill, adds time to your car wash, and doesn't add much of anything to your cars gloss. Use up the Griot's and give Adam's Spray Wax a try, you won't be disappointed!

I agree with you. Griots Spray wax left more streaks than Adams detail spray does. I have a question. Since griots spray wax can use as a drying agent, can I just use Adams spray wax as drying agent + protection? Because I am planning to buy Adam's spray wax after I used all of my Adams detail spray. 

Yes you can. Adam's Spray Wax is great being used as a drying agent, and will add more protection than the Detail Spray alone. Like Chis stated above, the Detail Spray is great for taking care of light dust that may settle on the vehicle sitting in the garage over time. I also use Detail Spray as a Clay lube and to keep my polishing pads moist and re-activate the polish within them.