Jump to content
Customer Service 866.965.0400
  • 0
Team Adam's

H2O Guard & Gloss | FAQ's | Discussion

Question

Adam's H2O Guard & Gloss | Water Activated Exterior Sealant

 

Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss delivers lasting protection and unmatched gloss in a unique water-activated formula that is fast and easy to apply. The incredibly effective blend of acrylic resins and water activated nano-polymers leaves your paint slick and protected without the extra effort and hassle of traditionally applied sealants or waxes. The optical grade polymers won't stain exterior trim, and even leave rubber and plastic looking darker and protected from the elements.

 

Application couldn't be more simple - apply by misting over a wet vehicle and spreading with a premium plush microfiber towel or go for the dry application, using a pre-moistened microfiber towel to apply protection and shine. Regardless of the method you choose you'll agree that Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss is the easist, fastest, and most effective way to seal your paint that you've ever used.

 

Once you experience Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss you'll never want to go back to applying protection any other way.

 

 

FAQ's

 

Q: How does this compare to Detail Spray for drying?

A: DS does not offer tons of protection, and its simply spray and wipe while drying. HGG requires you to spread it over the area then buff off the excess, but it does provide months of protection.

Q: Is this a replacement for Liquid Paint Sealant?

A: No. This can be used as a booster for LPS or you can use it as your only protection.

Q: Do you have to use the wet towel?
A: Yes. The water activated nature of the product requires water for application, without it the product will not work properly so apply to a wet vehicle or use a damp towel.

Q: How long does it last?

A: Its impossible to give a one size fits all answer for every individual since circumstances will cause products to wear differently, but about 2 months would be average longevity per application.

 

Q: Can I use this every wash?
A: You can if you prefer, though it may not need to be applied that often. Use your best judgement.

 

Q: Can this be used on a vinyl wrap?
A: Yes. Gloss wraps can be treated with HGG. Matte wraps can be as well, but the application can be a little more difficult to get right.

 

Q: Can I use this over my existing wax?
A: Yes. HGG will layer over wax, but you may see slightly less longevity.

 

Q: Can I top HGG with a wax afterwards?
A: Absolutely. It behaves like a traditional sealant once its applied.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Is HGG meant to be applied over a coating? If so what is the difference between applying HGG and applying Boost 2.0? Are they used to achieve different results?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Twilcox said:

Is HGG meant to be applied over a coating? If so what is the difference between applying HGG and applying Boost 2.0? Are they used to achieve different results?

 

 

Not really as it would detract from the characteristics of a ceramic coating as HGG has no SIO2. It’s not ‘mandatory’ but it’s best to use sio2 products with a coating.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 minutes ago, Parad0x said:

 

 

Not really as it would detract from the characteristics of a ceramic coating as HGG has no SIO2. It’s not ‘mandatory’ but it’s best to use sio2 products with a coating.  

 

Actually, the new HGG "hybrid" formula does have some silica. But I agree, use the silica-infused products under Adam's new ceramic line for the best options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

For what its worth my truck is ceramic coated. I have never been impressed with it.  I think it should have be left on longer. but anyway, the HGG is my go to on the truck now. It beads better than the ceramic and boost. Oddly enough the old ladys terrain seems to like Boost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Man, so many different products, its confusing to know when to use what products and what products to overlap with.  Do I only need GG for sealant, does it do as good a job as the Liquid Paint Sealant?  Should I do the LPS once or twice a  year and then on other washes use the GG?  Or do I not need the LPS and just use GG  and does it provide the same protection as LPS?  I also see you should only do the GG every 3 to 4 washes and then use the detail spray when not using GG?  I am not used to using all these car products, but since I bought my truck and I cant keep it in the garage and I want to protect it as much as possible from the harsh Florida sun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
13 minutes ago, TrailBoss75 said:

Man, so many different products, its confusing to know when to use what products and what products to overlap with.  Do I only need GG for sealant, does it do as good a job as the Liquid Paint Sealant?  Should I do the LPS once or twice a  year and then on other washes use the GG?  Or do I not need the LPS and just use GG  and does it provide the same protection as LPS?  I also see you should only do the GG every 3 to 4 washes and then use the detail spray when not using GG?  I am not used to using all these car products, but since I bought my truck and I cant keep it in the garage and I want to protect it as much as possible from the harsh Florida sun!

 

Just responded to your intro, but I'll try and address this... PS twice a year, HGG monthly.  HGG can be used as a stand-alone, but PS + HGG will give you more durability, longevity, and shine. DS can buy used a lot more often as a shine boost with some minor protection added, but its an only-when-you-want sort of thing. For the hot sun, PS + HGG are your friends. Especially on that dark truck (read: high surface temps). 

 

Ask any other questions you have...we're here to help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, TrailBoss75 said:

Man, so many different products, its confusing to know when to use what products and what products to overlap with.  Do I only need GG for sealant, does it do as good a job as the Liquid Paint Sealant?  Should I do the LPS once or twice a  year and then on other washes use the GG?  Or do I not need the LPS and just use GG  and does it provide the same protection as LPS?  I also see you should only do the GG every 3 to 4 washes and then use the detail spray when not using GG?  I am not used to using all these car products, but since I bought my truck and I cant keep it in the garage and I want to protect it as much as possible from the harsh Florida sun!

 

I agree with everything that @falcaineer said, although I would  recommend you look at making the transition to the ceramic line of products since they seem to hold up better in the sun and humidity.  I maintain multiple vehicles in South Carolina and 2 vehicles, plus 2 golf carts in Florida and know the results of the sun, humidity and torrential rains.

 

Not know what you have in stock and what you are planning on purchasing, you have some options for the south east that may make the maintenance and care of the vehicle a bit easier.

 

Even using Ceramic Boost 2.0 over PS works well, long term I'd recommend going all ceramic based.  If you have not purchased the HGG yet, just go with Ceramic Boost instead. If you already have the other products, then use them up and plan the transition after you've depleted your current stock.  I have started using Ceramic Wax on some of my vehicles, which are still non-coated, and the vehicles look great.  About once a month they get touched up with CB 2.0 after a 2 bucket wash.   Just don't mix HGG and CB, pick one and stick with it and then make sure you do a full decontamination when you make the switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, RayS said:
 

I agree with everything that @falcaineer said, although I would  recommend you look at making the transition to the ceramic line of products since they seem to hold up better in the sun and humidity.  I maintain multiple vehicles in South Carolina and 2 vehicles, plus 2 golf carts in Florida and know the results of the sun, humidity and torrential rains.

 

Not know what you have in stock and what you are planning on purchasing, you have some options for the south east that may make the maintenance and care of the vehicle a bit easier.

 

Even using Ceramic Boost 2.0 over PS works well, long term I'd recommend going all ceramic based.  If you have not purchased the HGG yet, just go with Ceramic Boost instead. If you already have the other products, then use them up and plan the transition after you've depleted your current stock.  I have started using Ceramic Wax on some of my vehicles, which are still non-coated, and the vehicles look great.  About once a month they get touched up with CB 2.0 after a 2 bucket wash.   Just don't mix HGG and CB, pick one and stick with it and then make sure you do a full decontamination when you make the switch.

 

Only caveat I'd add is not to use the Boost if you go the PS route. Two different product families. The choice is yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Used my G&G yesterday and unfortunately made the mistake of letting the car get to hot in the driveway and used a bit too much product resulting in streaks. Any suggestions on how to remove it? Bad spots are mostly on the hood. I’m thinking of using some strip wash and a sponge to limit the repair to that area then recoating. I tried some BG to see if that would smooth it out but it didn’t. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Thanks for the infor Chris and Ray.  So many options, hard to choose which way to go.  I thought I was pretty content with the LPS and HGG, but now I am second guessing it.  I want to do the ceramic coating of my truck but I dont have a garage to keep it in for 24 hours to let it cure. 

 

So if I went with the ceramic boost, do I only use that and nothing else?  Do I still put a layer of LSP every 6 months and follow up monthly with the CB?  If I use CB on a monthly basis, can I still use the DS with my weekly washes?  Can I use the DS to help dry and then follow it up with the CB?  

 

Since my truck is out in the weather 24/7 do I only need to be concerned with sealants and not wax it?  Seems the CB can provide more than enough shine for me.

 

My only concern with the CB is the application, some say its very streaky and hard to apply, others say its difficult, but not too bad.  The other issue is keeping it off the windows.

 

If I went with one and wanted to try the other, what is my process I have to go thru to make that happen?  Strip and wash, clay, sealant, CB?  or HGG?

 

Curently I dont have either products, I was all set to buy the HGG yesterday, but after seeing this post, now I am thinking of the CB.

 

I also have the adams Glaze that came with my mystery bucket, can I use this with either product, the CB or HGG?  does the CG/HGG go on first then that glaze?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, TrailBoss75 said:

Thanks for the infor Chris and Ray.  So many options, hard to choose which way to go.  I thought I was pretty content with the LPS and HGG, but now I am second guessing it.  I want to do the ceramic coating of my truck but I dont have a garage to keep it in for 24 hours to let it cure. 

 

So if I went with the ceramic boost, do I only use that and nothing else?  Do I still put a layer of LSP every 6 months and follow up monthly with the CB?  If I use CB on a monthly basis, can I still use the DS with my weekly washes?  Can I use the DS to help dry and then follow it up with the CB?  

 

Since my truck is out in the weather 24/7 do I only need to be concerned with sealants and not wax it?  Seems the CB can provide more than enough shine for me.

 

My only concern with the CB is the application, some say its very streaky and hard to apply, others say its difficult, but not too bad.  The other issue is keeping it off the windows.

 

If I went with one and wanted to try the other, what is my process I have to go thru to make that happen?  Strip and wash, clay, sealant, CB?  or HGG?

 

Curently I dont have either products, I was all set to buy the HGG yesterday, but after seeing this post, now I am thinking of the CB.

 

I also have the adams Glaze that came with my mystery bucket, can I use this with either product, the CB or HGG?  does the CG/HGG go on first then that glaze?

 

That's a lot of questions! 😉 Recommend you copy/paste them into a new thread in this same Exterior forum...they'll get lost in and don't all apply here. Once you do, I'll add some more insight, as I'm sure others will, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 4/30/2019 at 8:42 AM, GXPaycheck said:

Used my G&G yesterday and unfortunately made the mistake of letting the car get to hot in the driveway and used a bit too much product resulting in streaks. Any suggestions on how to remove it? Bad spots are mostly on the hood. I’m thinking of using some strip wash and a sponge to limit the repair to that area then recoating. I tried some BG to see if that would smooth it out but it didn’t. 

 

Any suggestions for this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, Firebuff17 said:

For the streaks that I have gotten a few times, I just used a clean MF towel and light mist of detail spray and buffed it off. 

Worked for me

Yep...  Same here it works... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
12 minutes ago, LAflare15 said:

Once you use HGG on your whole car, can you use the detail spray after?

 

Yes.  It's a great way to clean up any streaks you may have left.  I always do a DS wipe down after HGG.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, Beemer said:

 

Yes.  It's a great way to clean up any streaks you may have left.  I always do a DS wipe down after HGG.

 

Does the HGG have to be applied wet? or can it be dry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, LAflare15 said:

Does the HGG have to be applied wet? or can it be dry?

 

I have never used the dry method but plenty of others here have.  So it's up to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
14 minutes ago, Beemer said:

 

I have never used the dry method but plenty of others here have.  So it's up to you.

One more question, if im applying it wet, do I do all panels and then dry all panels with a dry microfiber towel after? Or do I do one panel at a time then dry one at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, LAflare15 said:

One more question, if im applying it wet, do I do all panels and then dry all panels with a dry microfiber towel after? Or do I do one panel at a time then dry one at a time.

 

I would do one section at a time. That way if you find an application issue you only have to redo that section instead of the whole car. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 hours ago, LAflare15 said:

One more question, if im applying it wet, do I do all panels and then dry all panels with a dry microfiber towel after? Or do I do one panel at a time then dry one at a time.

 

One panel at a time.

 

You may need to "re-wet" a panel if it dried before you were able to get to it but if you work quickly it shouldn't be a problem.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...