Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's for sale at AutoZone?

Came across a post on IG today saying Adam's is now for sale at AutoZone, and has been for a month or so. Anyone else see that or know anything about it? Maybe it's only at a handful of stores, but if more/all, that seems like a HUGE supply issue and I'm intrigued how that will play out, if true.

22 hours ago, Devon527 said:

Man that would be cool if they did this at every store but I feel like they would just carry the basics and not the cool stuff we all use lol

I'd like it if hardware stores carried the full line like what was posted on here a few months ago. 

1 hour ago, dirtymarcus said:

Noooooooo, any auto store but autozone!  If its true ill keep ordering from Adams,  no tax and free shipping is better than dealing with that place.

I feel you here. I wasted a month trying to get a job at Autozone. The store manager had me keep coming in but when I was there, the hiring manager was "unavailable" I'm glad I didn't get a job there. I try my hardest to go anywhere but Autozone. 

1 hour ago, Darryl.507 said:

I think they should open up a dedicated store in Canada, Toronto preferably :D  or somewhere in Canada so I don't have to pay 20 bucks in shipping..

They have dealers in Canada. Also check out adamspolishes.ca and maybe you can save some there, too.

3 hours ago, 67's said:

The one Dealer is just north of the city, Show and Shine

I was just looking at the site and there are definitely savings on this site over the adams.ca and amazon.ca Some items are only 1-2 bucks cheaper but some are 5-10 and shipping is also cut more in half. It definitely all adds up!  

Thanks Tom!  

I know I have tried to become a stocking dealer. I own a independent auto parts store in N.C. (yes there is still a few in America) thought my chances would have been good since I’m a “little guy” but Adam’s said it was a No Go they weren’t looking dealers at this time. I order my stuff online but being around a Military Base these guys around here “want it now” and ride a hour and a half to a new Chemical Guys showroom they opened in Raleigh. I went once or twice myself and tried some stuff but ........nah I’m good, I’ll just order my products online from Adam’s I guess

3 hours ago, NuNu said:

I know I have tried to become a stocking dealer. I own a independent auto parts store in N.C. (yes there is still a few in America) thought my chances would have been good since I’m a “little guy” but Adam’s said it was a No Go they weren’t looking dealers at this time. I order my stuff online but being around a Military Base these guys around here “want it now” and ride a hour and a half to a new Chemical Guys showroom they opened in Raleigh. I went once or twice myself and tried some stuff but ........nah I’m good, I’ll just order my products online from Adam’s I guess

I’m a bit surprised they said they weren’t looking, especially with all of the changes to their wholesale program. It’s not like there’s massive numbers of dealers around everywhere. 

Their wholesale program definitely lends itself to retail as opposed to detailers using their products with the requirements and all in order to get a reasonable margin. We looked at it to see if it made sense for us, and it simply didn’t so we didn’t pursue it further. 

Now with the affiliate program having seemingly gone away without warning or notice, there seems to be larger behind the scenes changes.

Yeah, even Walmart carries a few Chemical Guys products now.  I wouldn't mind a parts store carrying some basic Adam's products.  Not anything fancy like a Coating kit or Swirl Killers, but it would be nice to be able to run out real quick to buy some Tire & Rubber Cleaner or something if you run out in the middle of a detail.

As far as I know, we have no involvement with selling our products through Autozone, so this may be an isolated case of one local store in that particular area selling products with a wholesale account from us - if they are in fact selling Adam's products...you never know if a statement made on social media is valid and verified, or that person may have confused our products for a different brand and so on, there are a lot of variables at play.

We will look into it and I'll let everyone know as soon as I find out more information.

7 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

I’m a bit surprised they said they weren’t looking, especially with all of the changes to their wholesale program. It’s not like there’s massive numbers of dealers around everywhere. 

Their wholesale program definitely lends itself to retail as opposed to detailers using their products with the requirements and all in order to get a reasonable margin. We looked at it to see if it made sense for us, and it simply didn’t so we didn’t pursue it further. 

Now with the affiliate program having seemingly gone away without warning or notice, there seems to be larger behind the scenes changes.

Shane, I do apologize for the frustrations. I don't have any involvement with our affiliate program or its current state, but I would recommend reaching out to kourtney at adamspolishes dot com if you have any questions in regards to it.