Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

I am working tonight, so since I had the afternoon off, I took the wife to the Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival.  The weather was fantastic, and the artists are amazing!  This show as about 1/3 Florida artists and the rest for across the country (not too had to get folks to travel to FL form the northeast this time of year!)  Lots of paintings that look photos, great sculptures, and other art.   

Afterwards I got to choose the lunch spot, so we went to Bad As's Sandwiches - amaaaaazing!!  If you are Orlando look them up.  A gourmet meal on a bun for $10.  We ate late, and the owner/chef was trying out a new item - biscuits & gravy, but chorizo gravy, with fried chicken and a fried egg on top with tater tots!  After he took a few pictures he gave us a sample - it was fantastic - smooth and creamy, with a little spice kick from chorizo.     

1 hour ago, Mariner said:

Installed a newer and updated Delta kitchen faucet set. The old one was original so it required a sawzall and a drill to remove, but I’m a big fan of work smart and not hard ?

87EBCBBC-3FC2-44EE-9FCC-7517380F3A38.jpeg

Reminds me of the last one I did.  It was pretty seized in the sink base so I just shut the water off, cut the supply and drain lines and smacked the sink basin with a sledge hammer until it all came out and got everything new ?.

Looks good!

10 hours ago, Rich said:

Here's what I did today.  And yesterday.  Getting rid of this white crap.

29511667_10212826608199220_6904417837228304143_n.jpg

29513045_10212826611319298_2269632118477537668_n.jpg

I like that snow shield, Rich. Nothing like taking a snow blast in the face when the wind turns. :blink: Where did you get it?

13 hours ago, Rich said:

Here's what I did today.  And yesterday.  Getting rid of this white crap.

29511667_10212826608199220_6904417837228304143_n.jpg

29513045_10212826611319298_2269632118477537668_n.jpg

You can keep that crap out there Rich! I have three Warriors in for training here from PA, and they are not looking forward to flying back home tomorrow.

13 hours ago, falcaineer said:

I like that snow shield, Rich. Nothing like taking a snow blast in the face when the wind turns. :blink: Where did you get it?

Thanks.  I got it at our local Cub Cadet dealer.  About $100.  It's one of the best things I ever bought. 

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Thanks.  I got it at our local Cub Cadet dealer.  About $100.  It's one of the best things I ever bought. 

Thanks. Not the brand I have, but will check them out. Cool stop light, too, by the way.

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

Thanks.  Paid $20 for it, wired it up with a motion sensor so when you pull in the driveway it comes on.  

That's awesome! With that Vette, you may want to consider turning it around for your exit. On your mark......... :burnout:

Sprayed this bookshelf that is for my daughter.  We built it out of MDF.  Set up a spraying tent and primed it yesterday, then today applied two coats of a Urethane Trim Enamel.  She picked the color. :)

The pieces to the left laying flat on the tables are the for the back.  It is much easier to spray the shelf before the backing is installed.  All the seams in the beadboard backing will be hidden behind all the shelfs and dividers.

20180325_115907.jpg

2 hours ago, TheWolf said:

Sprayed this bookshelf that is for my daughter.  We built it out of MDF.  Set up a spraying tent and primed it yesterday, then today applied two coats of a Urethane Trim Enamel.  She picked the color. :)

The pieces to the left laying flat on the tables are the for the back.  It is much easier to spray the shelf before the backing is installed.  All the seams in the beadboard backing will be hidden behind all the shelfs and dividers.

20180325_115907.jpg

Nice work, Dan! You must be rubbing off on her...similar color to the new Ceramic Paste Wax. :lol:

Nice work is right!  Good color too.  

I got antsy today and even though it was only in the low 40's, I uncovered the Vette and checked the engine for any signs of mice.  Last year there were little foot prints on the chrome. I used bounce sheets in the engine this winter and not one little foot print at all.  She's still hooked up to life support, but hopefully the snow is done for this year.  My grass and roof are still covered, but it's starting to finally melt.   Funeral home tomorrow and funeral Wednesday for my cousin's husband.  Married 41 years, and he just dropped dead from a heart attack.  But at 350 lbs or more, it was bound to happen.  Guys........lose the belly and maybe you'll see your grandkids grow up.  

10 hours ago, Rich said:

Nice work is right!  Good color too.  

I got antsy today and even though it was only in the low 40's, I uncovered the Vette and checked the engine for any signs of mice.  Last year there were little foot prints on the chrome. I used bounce sheets in the engine this winter and not one little foot print at all.  She's still hooked up to life support, but hopefully the snow is done for this year.  My grass and roof are still covered, but it's starting to finally melt.   Funeral home tomorrow and funeral Wednesday for my cousin's husband.  Married 41 years, and he just dropped dead from a heart attack.  But at 350 lbs or more, it was bound to happen.  Guys........lose the belly and maybe you'll see your grandkids grow up.  

Sorry for your loss sir.

hoping one of these days I can get a C6 as well. Really love the Z06. 

Been away from the Forum for some time.  Just been busy with all kinds of stuff.  My latest project is redoing the whole upstairs of my house.  Sanded down all my cabinets and am staining them.  Maple is super hard to stain.  Will be replacing all the flooring with the laminate in the picture.  Will be gutting and re doing the master bathroom and replacing the front and back doors.  Picture below is of a cabinet door and the floor the wife picked.  

IMG_4622.JPG

Have no clue why the picture went so big.  Since the forum changed a while back it created a learning curve that I had no interest in trying to figure out.  Maybe someone can tell me why it went so big.  I did nothing different than I had in the past when uploading a pic.

Edited by LFairbanks