Customer Service 866.965.0400

If you had a chance to buy back your first car, would you?

3PedalMINI

I sold my first car, an 06 Mini S when the economy got bad. I missed it so much that i bought another one, but last month i came to the conclusion i do not like my new mini. its not the 06's its too refined and "boring" it just doesnt have that go cart feel that i fell in love with.

So, Ive been looking around for good condition low milage Mini's and went on fleabay. Low and behold my mini is up for sale by private owner. Vin number matches and everything. My mini has been gone for 16 months now and i sold her with 18k on the clock. She now only has 30k and the owner claims he stored it away for the winter. It looks like he took decent care of it aside from the engine being dustier then a humvee in Iraq.

What is odd though is hes only selling it for 14k. Ive done the calculations and since there is a lien on it and what he probably purchased it for he would owe right around 12k assuming he did a 48 month loan. Book value from KBB and NADA average to $18,500

Ive sent him an email with a list of questions. He lives 7 1/2 hours from me in NY and am seriously thinking about it. I leased my current mini as its in the business name. Ive read that BMW financial is pretty good with lease transfers and am thinking about trying lease trader. But im afraid if i wait to dump my current mini that i might lose out on getting my Baby back:willy::willy:

Ugh, what to do what to do. Of course i would get her inspected before any final paperwork. Has anyone on here gone through lease trader?

here she is

Mini : Cooper S | eBay

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. I'd love to have that old Chevy wagon back. Big 350 4bbl V8 up front leading to straight pipes and ending on a set of Cherry Bombs woke the neighbors every day and the dead when I went past the cemetery. I wouldn't need the keys either since the door locks didn't work and you could turn the ignition switch w/out the key in it. Best trade I ever did was that Harman Kardon cassette deck for the beast.

I still got mine!! 1978 Chevrolet Silverado 3100. My parents bought this Dooley brand new in 78 and when I turned 16 in 1991 they gave it to Me. Still got it. Nothing too special other than it's a 1 Ton 454 truck but it's mine :)

1973 Volkswagen Bug

1641cc engine, dual 40mm Webers, Engle 120 Cam, 7:1 compression, Gene Berg linkage and short shifter.

Yeah....that car was fun as hell to drive. The low end torque off the line was something else. I'd totally buy that car back if I could.

86 5.0 Mustang LX, I would not buy it back. The T-Tops leaked like crazy and the paint was applied with a roller, that and the guy I sold it to painted it Vette yellow and put a lambo skirt kit on it!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Thats crazy to find your old car on ebay! haha! But to answer your question no, my first car was a basic 90 red grand prix coupe. Nice car but hardly worth having back. But I would take my second car back, 97 grand prix red gtp coupe. I think it would be a cool car to keep for down the road. Classic timeless look I think. Got that car new back in 97 when I was 18. I thought I was a the $h!t in that ride! lol To be a teen again.

Well, I never actually drove it as my 1st car and my dad and I were supposed to fix it up. It still is sitting at the parents house so we still have that car, my 1st truck I drove nah I don't want a 94 S-10 back haha. Had a blast in it though :)

Actually, I just found and bought a very original example of same car that I had in college, which was my first "real" car -- an 85 mr2. It's really neat to "go back"... No power steering, no power windows, it has the stock cassette deck, and you have to put a key in the door to unlock it. It's freaking awesome.

I say grab that mini if it checks out ok. A car that puts a smile on your face is the one that you want to drive every day.

1st was a 75 Firebird Esprit. It was named appropriately, since it had all kind of electrical problems and caught fire! I learned a lot on how to repair cars from it (self taught), but would not want it back.

My second car I would. 67 Camaro convertible with Corvette Sunset Red Pearl paint and gray interior out of an IROC Z28. Was a money pit, and a horrible DD, so I sold it for a song.