Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Official Adam's Forum Craft & Import Brew Connoisseur Discussion

Team Adam's

Going to be cracking open my home-brewed barleywine tomorrow, affectionately known as "Novocaine." It's been aging for nearly 8 months, to say I'm curios to try it would be an understatement.

Also picked up a few bombers tonight to replace the ones aging in the fridge that I'll be sharing with friends and family over the holiday.

:cheers:

just like everything else from this brewery, the Big Wave is amazing! my local grocery store where i get most of my supply calls this a seasonal :rolleyes: i told them to bring back the Wailua!!! they pretty much have Longboard Lager, and Fire Rock Pale Ale year round it seems.

6F1CF6C3-496B-4692-BE5D-1E6CC696E85C-10067-000004665AC5558A.jpg

I have been on a Pinot Noir kick lately.

I saw a Sour Brown Ale from New Belgium last night, but at $18 a bomber for 5% beer...no thanks.

That Abita Pecan Ale would certainly get me to give someone a bottle of BG from my stash for some!

Mook

Tried this one the other day:

Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat

Samuel+Adams+Cherry+Wheat.jpg ('borrowed' this picture)

I did not care for it - it had way too much cherry flavor for me. I don't mind some fruit flavor in my lager - Abita Purple Haze (raspberry wheat) is one of my favorites, but this was too cough-syrupy for me.

Interesting thread! I worked for 5 years in a beer distributor as head delivery guy and also put together the beer orders for the owners. Ive had every beer under the sun haha.

Im not sure if its mentioned but try out paulaner hefeweizen. On a hot summer day, god damn is it good!

Other of my personal favorites.

magic hat #9

lienkugel sunset wheat

innis and guns

delerium tremens.

Tried this one the other day:

Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat

Samuel+Adams+Cherry+Wheat.jpg ('borrowed' this picture)

I did not care for it - it had way too much cherry flavor for me. I don't mind some fruit flavor in my lager - Abita Purple Haze (raspberry wheat) is one of my favorites, but this was too cough-syrupy for me.

i'm only a fan of Sam Adam's seasonals. if you like Purple Haze, give Shock Top Raspberry Wheat a try!

i'm only a fan of Sam Adam's seasonals. if you like Purple Haze, give Shock Top Raspberry Wheat a try!

Thanks for the tip Ryan. My usual pour on my favorite restaurant is Shock Top, but they were out so I tried the Sam Adam's Cherry. I will look for the ST Raspberry Wheat now.

If you like that, you should try Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. Very, very tasty!

I've had a few of them and don't like them nearly as much as the Bourbon Stouts. Most of the Bourbon Ales are overpowered with the bourbon flavor/aroma.

Don't get me wrong, I love bourbon and I love ales, but I prefer to keep them separate. Bourbon and stouts blend together soooo well, IMO.

I've had a few of them and don't like them nearly as much as the Bourbon Stouts. Most of the Bourbon Ales are overpowered with the bourbon flavor/aroma.

Don't get me wrong, I love bourbon and I love ales, but I prefer to keep them separate. Bourbon and stouts blend together soooo well, IMO.

I'll be honest with you, I dont know the difference between a stout and an ale...but I LOVE Bourbon LOL

I'll be honest with you, I dont know the difference between a stout and an ale...but I LOVE Bourbon LOL

It's the brewing process. Ales come in all colors...golden, amber, white, etc. Stouts will always be a darker beer. Heavier than an ale if you ask me, maybe a little maltier.

Back when I was more into the beer and knowledge of all things Barley, I knew a lot more, but I digress, I am old and can't remember.

Mook

"World's Best Beer Finally Available in the U.S."

$84.99 for a six pack! :willy:

'World's Best Beer' Finally Available | ABC News Blogs - Yahoo!

A year ago I would've been beating bushes for this stuff since I'm down to my last few bottles that I got from the monastery but not now. Sun King's Wee Muckle is a real good substitute. Sun King doesn't brew it all the time but it is a lot easier to get than going to Belgium! A one-hour drive and I'm standing in Sun King's brewery getting my growler filled! :2thumbs: