Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Official Adam's Forum Craft & Import Brew Connoisseur Discussion

Team Adam's

Made a stop at our local Total Wine yesterday to pick up some Gosling's rum, and almost got overwhelmed by the beer selection.

I picked up several different ones to try. This one is perfect after cutting the grass-

Shock-Top Lemon Shandy and one of my wife's favorites - Old Speckled Hen.

1d6a0e96.jpg

In Htown for the weekend before we leave on vacation Sunday to Playa del Carmen... Tried quite a few good ones tonight and last night...

Karpach Hopadillo IPA

Karpach Rodeo Clown double IPA

More Dogfish Head 60 and 90 minute IPAs

Real Ale Devils Backbone (Belgian Tripel)

And of course my drink of choice...

Real Ale Brewing Co Fireman #4!!!

Tomorrow is the Houston Beerfest! Can't wait!!!

summer-shandy.jpg

drank this after the wedding rehersla friday night. good stuff. also had some bana bread beer and some double chocolate beer. Me and a friend were in the mood to try some new beers lol. both were actually quite good

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since I have had time to get back in here. I have tried some great brews over the last month, and some I will never get that time in my life back. The latter statement speaks to this beer.

Rogue's VooDoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale

282ec8a9.jpg

6423cfc8.jpg

How can I describe this? Tasted like Transmission fluid mixed with Maple Syrup. Extremely and immediately one of the worst tastes I have ever had in my life.

Rogue Ales

Back again!

My last post I mentioned I have tried some great beers. This is one of them. New Belgium's Lips of Faith Series' Biere De Mars. HOLY COW. This is a TASTY TASTY beer. I put it along the lines as far as taste goes...somewhere mixed with Monk's Cafe Flemish Sour Ale and Avery's White Rascal. I wish I had more!

01fb36b7.jpg

New Belgium Brewing - Age Verification

Again in 2012, we are pleased to offer one of our favorite harbingers of spring, Biere de Mars.

With earthy tones of ripe mango and lemon verbena, this bottle-conditioned ale reflects the hearty character of the southern Belgian and northern French countrysides. Brewed with barley, oats and wheat malt, Biere de Mars' celestial orange hue inspired the planetary play on words.

Brettanomyces, a wild yeast strain, added for bottle-conditioning creates a refreshingly sour flash across the palate. Lemon peel coupled with the lemon verbena imparts fruitlike character and a citrusy finish.

Just the facts Ma'am...

ABV - 6.2%

IBU - 22

Calories - 195

Hops - Target, Willamette, Cascade

Malts - Pale, C-80, Oats, Wheat, Carapils

OG - 14.9

TG - 2.9

Fruits/Spice - Lemon Peel, Lemon Verbena

Hadn't had a beer in weeks so started lightly last Frid.

Local Brewed Orlando Brewing I-4 IPA, a Stone IPA and finished with a Sprecher Craft Root Beer from MN for dessert.(Man if you like Root Beer this stuff was great imho) Felt like I drank six lol No Gout Attack!:xfingers: Things are looking up.:2thumbs:

:cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

i spotted the Delirium at the local HEB, but haven't tried it yet.

they have a pretty decent selection of craft brews, but it seems a lot of it sits on the shelf as most of the craft beers gather some dust. i typically pick from the back where less light hits them.

my 3 main go to beers are still Fireman #4, Dogfish Head 60 minute, and Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout!

Mook, your pics make my neck hurt.

I guess I need to take pics before I start drinking then!

Mook, as a fan of New Belgium brews, I ask that you send a sixxer of the Biere De Mars to me. KTHX!

Randy, just come see me brother! We can tour New Belgium...it's like 45 minutes north of me!

the wifey is in Alaska this week for work and i'm extremely jealous

anyways at lunch she texted me this picture and asked me what beer i want her to bring home for me!!!!

763b7031.jpg

i pretty much told her to get one of each and ship it to me, but she didn't want to do that so she's bringing me the Hard Apple Ale, Fairweather IPA, and the Prince William Porter :willy: oOoOoOoOoooooo i can't wait til Saturday!!!!!