Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Official Adam's Forum Craft & Import Brew Connoisseur Discussion

Team Adam's

i taste tested my Texas Blonde homebrew yesterday after a long detail day! its been in the bottle for 2 weeks so it wasn't fully matured but it was very tasty. pale in color, crisp taste much like a lager from the kolsch ale yeast i used, and low on the IBUs. just a light, crisp well balanced tasting brew! i think its going to be a hit with my BMC drinking friends at the crawfish boil i'm throwing next saturday!

Did you get Ruinated? :thumbsup:

I have heard from two people now that Deviant Dale's needs to be tried by me. SOON!

The tall can IPA I had from them was pretty darn impressive.

I'm still on my Sierra Nevada Torpedo Kick... keep coming back to it and its getting really easy to find here. Almost every store has it...

• 2 weeks later...

wife and i went to have dessert at the Melting Pot last night, tried a new beer from Colorado...

Breckinridge Brewery Vanilla Porter, another great beer!!!

Vanilla Porter | Colorado Craft Beer | Breckenridge Brewery

Vanilla Porter - Breckenridge BBQ & Brew Pub - Denver, CO - BeerAdvocate

breckenridge-vanilla-porter.jpg

it creates a nice thick head that dissapates quickly. good lacing, great coffee, chocolate, vanilla taste and medium bodied. the perfect after dinner beer without getting bloated!

I have a nice little collection of Micros going in my garage fridge for when Dylan comes out for the Halos series. :D

Some Monk's Cafe, Stone Collabs, Lips of Faith by New Belgium, a 40, among other things!

Yeehaw!

OK have to confess. Cheated and had a couple of imho good ones last Friday. Rogue Capt Sigs Northwestern Ale and Sierra Nevada Hoptimum IPA No Gout and did not raise Uric Acid in blood test. :2thumbs: DR says don't worry you can have a few yet the books tell ya no beer???? It's almost like experimenting what is going to trigger it.:confused::cheers:

OK have to confess. Cheated and had a couple of imho good ones last Friday. Rogue Capt Sigs Northwestern Ale and Sierra Nevada Hoptimum IPA No Gout and did not raise Uric Acid in blood test. :2thumbs: DR says don't worry you can have a few yet the books tell ya no beer???? It's almost like experimenting what is going to trigger it.:confused::cheers:

Like anything I'm sure moderation is fine... plus when you do let yourself have one I bet you enjoy them all the more now. :thumbsup:

a9e5b5a0.jpg

Pliny the Elder

I'll have to say far and away my favorite beer right now, and lord is it hard to get your hands on! My local connection got his "shipment" in... his shipment was a whopping 4 bottles. I bought all 4 :D

Local places that are able to get it on tap (there aren't many) sell out so fast that by the time you know they have it, its gone! If you get the chance to try some... DO IT!

Very clean, very balanced flavors... a little citrus and grapefruit notes, good level of malt and the nice kick of pine/hops. Man, I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Dylan, I don't like you right now either. A buddy of mine could get it in Washington and told me all about it. I can't get it out east. And It's not cheap to brew on your own either. you should buy them all up next time and ship to Mook and I...Just saying...

Like anything I'm sure moderation is fine... plus when you do let yourself have one I bet you enjoy them all the more now. :thumbsup:
Sure do! Thanks. Back to Bench Drinking
Seeing that picture, I now hate your face for the next 23.5 minutes.
:lolsmack: Can't get that here in FL Sounds addictive.:thumbsup:

a9e5b5a0.jpg

Pliny the Elder

I'll have to say far and away my favorite beer right now, and lord is it hard to get your hands on! My local connection got his "shipment" in... his shipment was a whopping 4 bottles. I bought all 4 :D

Local places that are able to get it on tap (there aren't many) sell out so fast that by the time you know they have it, its gone! If you get the chance to try some... DO IT!

Very clean, very balanced flavors... a little citrus and grapefruit notes, good level of malt and the nice kick of pine/hops. Man, I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Just looking at that makes me drule... Being 2hrs away from the Magic Hat brewery at least gets me SOME good craft beer... Circus Boy is my favorite flavor.

While in Zell Am See & Salzburg Austria on our snowboarding honeymoon this past January I was introduced to Edelwiess and quickly fell in love with this brew! If you get a chance to visit Austria make sure you enjoy some of this as well. Just wish I can get it here in the states.

Of course we hit up Munich as well and made all the stops at every beer haus! The Augustiner Haus was my favorite.

Edited by JBlack151

a9e5b5a0.jpg

Pliny the Elder

i'm so jealous right now! there's a reason that and Pliny the Younger are the highest rated IPAs on beeradvocate! but i don't know why because i can't ever get my hands on it!

i think they're the only beer rated 100 on there!

Pliny The Elder - Russian River Brewing Company - Santa Rosa, CA - BeerAdvocate

i'm so jealous right now! there's a reason that and Pliny the Younger are the highest rated IPAs on beeradvocate! but i don't know why because i can't ever get my hands on it!

They don't even bottle the Younger.

I hear you have to wait in line, and its like $20 a pint.

So what makes it rate better than say a DogfishHead 90 or Sierra Nevada Hoptimum? Man they are pretty exceptional IPAs imho. But it gets spectacular reviews. Wow. Dylan want to make a trip to FL with an Elder?:cheers::thumbsup: Have a great weekend Hopheads.:cheers:

So telling you I was able to procure 5 more bottles and will be drinking no fewer than 3 of them this weekend probably won't make you feel any better will it? :D

Nice head, that's a good looking brew!

My home brewing has been placed on the back burner. Things are so busy right now that I haven't been able to brew as many batches as I'd like.

I fear I may have ruined a batch of barleywine. It's been in the fermenter for 8 weeks. :-/

Nice head, that's a good looking brew!

My home brewing has been placed on the back burner. Things are so busy right now that I haven't been able to brew as many batches as I'd like.

I fear I may have ruined a batch of barleywine. It's been in the fermenter for 8 weeks. :-/

RDWHAHB! It's really hard to screw something up. As long as you were sanitary and the yeast is active don't worry!!! Barley wine takes time. If u transfer to a secondary you will get an idea of how it's doing by its smell and appearance before transfer. Barley wine and sour beers take a lot of time! So be patient!!! I bet it'll turn out great!