Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Official Adam's Forum Craft & Import Brew Connoisseur Discussion

Team Adam's

Enjoying another round of TBA... much better poured than it is out of the bottle... the head on this stuff is thick and pillowy. The chocolate/molasses finish is really good too.

Drinks a lot like a fat tire to be honest with the malty 'biscuit' type taste but with a definite kick up in the hop level. The more I drink the more I like this stuff. Too bad its a collabo. so it won't be around long.

[ATTACH]9269[/ATTACH]

Dylan, i'm still waiting on this to hit stores near me. the link you posted before said they're shipping to TX!

BTW, i love the glass, wish i had one of those in college when everyone i knew drank Natural Light or Keystone Light (barf)

Ended up the Fest Drinking a De Proef Flemish Primitive 9%,Scaldus Noel Sweet Dry Hopped Style Beer 10%,N'ice Chouffe Dark Ale flavored with Thyme and Curacao 10% and St Bernardus ABT12 10.5% Yeah had a little buzz but was well worth it. :cheers:

scored a 4 pack of the highest rated Doppelbock on the market! and another 6 pack of my favorite beer which inspired me to brew the Texas Blonde sitting in my fermenter now... Real Ale Brewing Company Fireman's #4!!!!!

Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock - Privatbrauerei Franz Inselkammer KG / Brauerei Aying - Aying, Germany - BeerAdvocate

Fireman's #4 - Real Ale Brewing Company - Blanco, TX - BeerAdvocate

27bbea3d.jpg

Lifestyle change No more beer/alcohol, shellfish etc. Had first Attack of Gout last week in Big Toe. Doing everything by the book and on the Meds. Another attack hit today. Hope none of you guys have to suffer this.(and if you have, you know what it feels like) The only pain worse personally here was kidney stones.

A book on natural remedies puts it best. Imagine the liquid in your joint solidifying to glass then it shatters. Going to miss contributing to this thread.It's a real favorite read.:( Cheers one last time.:cheers:

Lifestyle change No more beer/alcohol, shellfish etc. Had first Attack of Gout last week in Big Toe. Doing everything by the book and on the Meds. Another attack hit today. Hope none of you guys have to suffer this.(and if you have, you know what it feels like) The only pain worse personally here was kidney stones.

A book on natural remedies puts it best. Imagine the liquid in your joint solidifying to glass then it shatters. Going to miss contributing to this thread.It's a real favorite read.:( Cheers one last time.:cheers:

Gout is tough to deal with, especially if you are the stubborn type that isn't a fan of following doctor's orders. Stick with the plan like you are, by the book. It certainly is manageable and it something that you can learn live with.

:cheers:

Dang Mikey... thats sucks! Health before all else though... take care of yourself (just means more brew for us!) :D

I recently chose to cut back a good amount... I no longer (unless special occasions) have any beer during the week. I used to kick back a beer a night with dinner. Decided I should take better care of myself so now I'm a weekend drinker only!

Strangely enough I think I enjoy my beers a little more now... when you have to wait all week to have them they seem more special :)

Dang Mikey... thats sucks! Health before all else though... take care of yourself (just means more brew for us!) :D

I recently chose to cut back a good amount... I no longer (unless special occasions) have any beer during the week. I used to kick back a beer a night with dinner. Decided I should take better care of myself so now I'm a weekend drinker only!

Strangely enough I think I enjoy my beers a little more now... when you have to wait all week to have them they seem more special :)

a glass of beer at dinner time is just as healthy as a glass of red wine at dinner time for your heart. alcohol enlarges the arteries to improve blood flow. don't let the doctor fool you in saying only red wine is good for you ;)

a glass of beer at dinner time is just as healthy as a glass of red wine at dinner time for your heart. alcohol enlarges the arteries to improve blood flow. don't let the doctor fool you in saying only red wine is good for you ;)

Wasn't the doctor... did it on my own. Don't need all the extra calories and with my running starting back up an alcoholic beverage that late in the day doesn't go well with a 5am 3 mile run.

Just had my toe operated on end of last year. Thought it was gout. Xray and all showed the bone eaten up from the acid. During the operation, they cut part of bone out for pathology. Turned out to be a type of arthritis. had eaten the bone in middle of toe in half. Got to be careful with the old toes now. If it gets really bad have them keep eye on it. :patriot:

Albinos file complaint over Albino Rhino beer

5 hrs ago

A beer called Albino Rhino is not going down well with a couple of British Columbia albinos who have filed a human rights complaint claiming the Earls Restaurants house brew is "demeaning and humiliating." The restaurant chain also offers albino chicken wings on its menus. Claimant Peter Ash told PostMedia News, "People aren't allowed to order Alzheimer's appetizers, multiple sclerosis martinis and cerebral palsy cocktails, so why should they be able to order albino chicken wings?" An Earls representative said the beer -- which has been sold for the past 25 years -- was named for the white rhinoceros, not people with albinism.

Wasn't the doctor... did it on my own. Don't need all the extra calories and with my running starting back up an alcoholic beverage that late in the day doesn't go well with a 5am 3 mile run.

Yeah, but I've also read in my Brew your own magazine about how running and drinking is actually good for you. They even did a study in 07, granted it's for after you run, that drinking beer helps! Beer After Exercise May Be Better Than Water, Study Finds | Fox News There are also articles that say before or during is a bad thing. Beer and Running from Runner's World.com So I guess overall, do what you think is best! I know if you are more of a heartrate trainer for your runs, drinking the night before might not be a bad thing.

had a chance to drink a bottle of the St Arnold's Santo last night. they call it a Black Kolsch because its brewed and fermented as a Kolsch but has munich and black malt thrown in as well. its "light bodied and floral yet with a distinct dark malt flavor... [a] refreshing beer that would pair perfectly with a plate of enchiladas."

wife was out so i splurged and paired it with a Five Guys Bacon Cheesburger with grilled onions and jalapenos! :cheers: very refreshing beer, not what you'd expect when looking at it poured in a glass. not "heavy" at all, and pretty low on the IBUs as well.

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

beer is part of a healthy diet...period lmao

sure is! the only carb i get at dinner time :D

got a 6 pack of Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA for the weekend!

unfortunately they don't sell the 120 minute in Texas :(