Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Official Adam's Forum Craft & Import Brew Connoisseur Discussion

Team Adam's

stouts typically have lighter carbonation, to give it that velvety smooth taste!

i'm going to be ordering some supplies soon to make an IPA. i'm going to try out an all-grain recipe and do BIAB method for the first time to try it out. brew day will be next saturday!!!

Edited by 2010TexasEdition

YUP!

They are introducing Sours to their line sometime soon!

CAN'T WAIT!:cheers:

i'm thinking about buying their Breakwater Pale Ale pro series kit from Northern Brewer, after i make a Texas Blonde. just got my ingredients in last night, and will be brewing tomorrow afternoon!

Got to try a couple pretty good ones yesterday.

First on the docket is a Stone Brewery Collaboration: TBA - Texas Brown Ale

Stone Collaborations - Bear Republic / Fat Head's / Stone TBA

Could definitely taste the molasses in this one, pretty good brew. I don't count myself a big brown ale drinker, lacks the bitterness that I usually like, but this was actually really good. Would definitely recommend picking up some if given the chance. As a collaboration only so many cases are produced by stone before its gone forever.

Also tried Avery Majaraja - Maharaja Imperial IPA

Honestly, not my favorite thing I've ever had from Avery... decent flavor, sweet finish, but not one I'd get again, for as much hop was in there it was way more high on the citrus side than the pine side. I think they have better IPA's on their menu. 10% ABV so its potent stuff! Was definitely better than average, but just didn't do it for me.

Sitting at the Beligian Beer Fest with multi taps of Belgian Brew finishing off a St Louis Guenze Sour and the guy next me says Belgian Beer sux and orders an Ultra? No BS Different Strokes for different folks but saying they suk are fighting words!

Edited by ssbusdrvr

...and the guy next me says Beligian Beer sux and orders an Ultra? No BS Different Strokes for different folks but saying they suk are fighting words!

Ultra is not beer. Poor guy doesn't know what he's missing!

Enjoying another round of TBA... much better poured than it is out of the bottle... the head on this stuff is thick and pillowy. The chocolate/molasses finish is really good too.

Drinks a lot like a fat tire to be honest with the malty 'biscuit' type taste but with a definite kick up in the hop level. The more I drink the more I like this stuff. Too bad its a collabo. so it won't be around long.

post-1263-136818066768_thumb.jpg

Getting dropped back off for final day of BBF. Being a mainly IPA drinker it was great trying a couple of Belgian Sours. Thanks Mook for the tip to try them in an an earlier post. A complete 180 what used to here but well worth trying.

:cheers:

Getting dropped back off for final day of BBF. Being a mainly IPA drinker it was great trying a couple of Belgian Sours. Thanks Mook for the tip to try them in an an earlier post. A complete 180 what used to here but well worth trying.

:cheers:

Sounds like fun Mike. I hope you had the Ultra guy banned from the place for the weekend, or at least sent to the other end of the bar!

Sounds like fun Mike. I hope you had the Ultra guy banned from the place for the weekend, or at least sent to the other end of the bar!
LOL Yeah his buddy gave him enough grief that he put his tail btween his legs. He even tried to buy him a Stella. Hope you and Mike have recovered from last wknd.:thumbsup: Cya.

LOL Yeah his buddy gave him enough grief that he put his tail btween his legs. He even tried to buy him a Stella. Hope you and Mike have recovered from last wknd.:thumbsup: Cya.

Excellent news:lol:

And my sunburn is finally gone from last Saturday. That seemed to be a fun event. Next time I will actually walk around and look at the cars!

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. I had Shocktop draft at our favorite restaurant last night, but should have gone for the Sam Adams Pils instead.

Edited by mc2hill

Brewed a Texas Blonde Ale partial mash recipe i got from Austin Homebrew Supply over the weekend. she's sitting in my bedroom, airlock bubbling away! can't wait to try it in a few weeks!!!! just in time for a crawfish boil we are throwing as a moving away party; before we move away.

a local brewery called St. Arnolds just released a new double IPA they're calling Endeavor. i got me some in the fridge now!

Saint Arnold Brewing Company - Endeavour