Customer Service 866.965.0400

Lemon Pledge

TR6speed

Question

I was over on the Corvette Forum and there was a question as to different wax products.  There were two replies that claim that they use Lemon Pledge only on their Corvette and one also added that he uses it on his Harley also.  Hard to believe what some people use on their cars. 

Yea I know that's an old biker trick......with all the great products around now, why would you do that?

Tough to break old dogs of bad habits!

I just recently found out about this stuff,

(As evidenced by this first post) 

and have to admit, that better products yield much better results.

One has to actually try the stuff, and it isn't "cheap", to realize

that you most always get what you pay for..

Pledge is a buck 89 at the Superette... to some.. that is good enough!

I used the waterless for the first time, after running my salt covered pickup,

through the carwash, to take that yucky film off, and found it did an awesome job..

and... smells pretty good! :rolleyes:

Dan

Yea I know that's an old biker trick......with all the great products around now, why would you do that?

ummm...I am old and I used to be into bikes, BINGO!  

Back in the day I raced motocross and my bikes looked brand new everytime I lined up at the gate... and smelled lemony fresh.  LOL

S100 and Lemon Pledge were my products of choice back then. The pledge works wonders on the flexible plastics used on dirt bikes. I went through quite a lot of Lemon Pledge from 1988-2002 (years I raced) but in all that time, I never even thought to try it on my car.

Streetbike? maybe... LOL 

Thank goodness for Adam coming along.

ummm...I am old and I used to be into bikes, BINGO!

Back in the day I raced motocross and my bikes looked brand new everytime I lined up at the gate... and smelled lemony fresh. LOL

S100 and Lemon Pledge were my products of choice back then. The pledge works wonders on the flexible plastics used on dirt bikes. I went through quite a lot of Lemon Pledge from 1988-2002 (years I raced) but in all that time, I never even thought to try it on my car.

Streetbike? maybe... LOL

Thank goodness for Adam coming along.

I am a old biker too :) I did use the S100...

Yeah. Every once in a while you'll get some idiot who will post that just to get a rise out of people.  I seriously doubt they really use it. Although I know a guy who really does use it ..................  on his junk car.

If anyone uses pledge on their Vette........I think they'd be banned for life! 

well, i would never use it on my cars, but I will tell you that lemon pledge works amazing on granite counter tops in your house.  i couldn't believe it either, my friend owns a granite / marble business and he told me to use it.  i wouldn't.  one day he came to my house with a can and sprayed it on.  5 years later and i am still using it.  i can't tell you how many times people have been at my house and asked what we use on the counters and my cars.  i tell them Pledge and Adams!

well, i would never use it on my cars, but I will tell you that lemon pledge works amazing on granite counter tops in your house.  i couldn't believe it either, my friend owns a granite / marble business and he told me to use it.  i wouldn't.  one day he came to my house with a can and sprayed it on.  5 years later and i am still using it.  i can't tell you how many times people have been at my house and asked what we use on the counters and my cars.  i tell them Pledge and Adams!

It may look great, but be mindful of what chemicals you're exposing to  your food that you prepare on that surface. I wouldn't use either anywhere near my food.  Just asking for problems.  JMO.

It may look great, but be mindful of what chemicals you're exposing to  your food that you prepare on that surface. I wouldn't use either anywhere near my food.  Just asking for problems.  JMO.

we never prepare food on directly on the counter tops.  always use cutting boards. 

i also will wager that the stuff that is sprayed onto the fruit / produce and the fed to the animals we all eat is WAY worse. 

I had a friend that used it on his 1969 Buick 225, original paint, oxidized something terrible, but the pledge did make it look better.

So would WD-40, but I'm not about to use it on my paint!  ;) 

I used to use Spic-N-Span to wash my '69 Nova but it didn't help. Paint faded anyway.... Maybe I didn't mix it strong enough.

I get a little sick when I think about how I use to care for my car back in the day.

When we were kids my buddy and I would use spic-n-span on his parent's Oldsmobiles, too. Hey, that's what they told us to use. I shudder just thinking about it now. Part of me would like to time-travel back and have a look at the paint damage we were creating. :lol: