Customer Service 866.965.0400

So I found Dylan...

The Ryan

...products sold at leading retailers...good for him, but non American made products, going against everything he helped Adam's strive to become which he backed. Another reason why a lot of us use Adam's. I sure hope a intellectual property and trade secrets aren't violated ...He sounds more like a sell out to me, but everyone does have a mortgage to pay...Mods please remove/delete this thread as ths will most likely lead to a pissing match and I go 50+ times per day.

Interesting, especially Dylan's statement.  Thanks for posting, Ryan.

Folks in positions like the one he held at Adam's are USUALLY bound by Non-Disclosure Agreements to protect intellectual property, Chris.  I assume that's the case here.  Based on my (limited) dealings with Dylan, I also choose to believe he wouldn't stoop to dishonest practices.  I wish him well, but don't see myself shifting brand allegiance anytime soon.

No pissing match here I can see... Everyone has a opinion.  I am glad to see him find a job, and I think he is from that area or lived there as I recall.  Southern Cali.  

I would assume their is a no-compete set up in place....

But regaurdless, that does not matter.

Adam supports him as do I.  Not that I matter.  But he does know his stuff, and great to see him in a position where he can fulfill his dream.  Look forward to watching that place to see how he does.  

He always had some great videos, hope he keeps them rolling.   :2thumbs:

Wow what a turnaround.Very interesting after all that was mentioned about USA products etc.etc, and then changing to another brand that you can buy at Walmart. :huh:  I guess you got to do what you got to do sometimes.

You have to be happy for the guy, we never know the inside of a person's mind, their motivations, and their personal/family situation.  If Dylan thought this was the best move for him and his family and his career, then we should be nothing but happy for him and not begrudge him.  Dylan was such an integral part of this community and became a friend to a lot of us, as such, I think we should be happy that he found a new adventure that he feels benefits him.

Is it a shock?  Of course, I definitely didn't expect it, but hey, that's life.  As far as working for a company that doesn't deliver products made in the USA, that's his choice, and no matter what organization you work for you strive to accomplish that organization's mission.  As we all know, not many companies provide made in USA products, might have been difficult for him to find another organization that had the same ethos.

Like Schwag One said, everyone has a mortgage to pay and mouths to feed.

New chapter at Adam's and I'm excited!

Edited by chas

Congrats to Dylan. Great to see that he's landed in a place that can really appreciate his talents, and also lets him do what he enjoys. 

One thing I've learned in my life is that you never burn bridges. Any business will always have competition, and employees will come and go, but good friends, loyalty, and doing the right thing are values that people either have or don't have, and I know that Dylan possesses those characteristics in spades. 

looks like the cold Colorado winters drove him back to SoCal :)

i wish him the best in his new venture!

That what I've was thinking for a while..

It's hard for any detailer to only have a detail that lasts until you drive out of the garage into the elements.

Congrats to Dylan. Great to see that he's landed in a place that can really appreciate his talents, and also lets him do what he enjoys. 

One thing I've learned in my life is that you never burn bridges. Any business will always have competition, and employees will come and go, but good friends, loyalty, and doing the right thing are values that people either have or don't have, and I know that Dylan possesses those characteristics in spades.

Well said Rich

That what I've was thinking for a while..

It's hard for any detailer to only have a detail that lasts until you drive out of the garage into the elements.

looks like the cold Colorado winters drove him back to SoCal :)

i wish him the best in his new venture!

Actually he is staying in Colorado.

Interesting move. In a pinch I've used some of their products and been impressed with what I used. Having someone like Dylan on that team will take them to the next level for sure. He'll bring in quality products and I'm interested to see what comes out of it. 

Edited by suke

...products sold at leading retailers...good for him, but non American made products, going against everything he helped Adam's strive to become which he backed. Another reason why a lot of us use Adam's. I sure hope a intellectual property and trade secrets aren't violated ...He sounds more like a sell out to me, but everyone does have a mortgage to pay...Mods please remove/delete this thread as ths will most likely lead to a pissing match and I go 50+ times per day.

You should probably do a little research before spouting off. Surf City products are made in the USA...

Yea because Im so sure all the parts on your "American Made" vehicle were all made in America. NOT! Im also pretty confident Dylan is a grown man, and is not really worried about you thinking whether he's a sell out or not.

This thread is to congratulate Dylan on his new job.......not to discus Surf city products or where they are made or not made.

I agree, but like just about any forum topics seem to take a wrong turn.

I wonder if we'll see Dylan on TV? I forget what show it is, but they sponsor one of those car shows I see occasionally see on the weekends.