Customer Service 866.965.0400

How to remove Quick Sealant?

rusman

Question

Hello,

I sprayed quick sealant on my front bumper but some of it got on the paint behind the bumper and has left a residue that I'm having a hard time removing.  I've tried using APC and scrubbing and it's not working.  Simple Green has worked better but barely.  Anyone have any ideas how I can remove the quick sealant?

post-12040-0-06361400-1431398075_thumb.jpg

Edited by rusman

Spray more Quick Sealant and wipe it down.

I only say this because of my past experience with another aerosol sealant, if it dries and hardens on the paint, spraying more on and wiping it all over together would remove any dried residue.  If basically dries hard on the paint, and like dissolves like.

Reactivate it by spraying a little more QS on there, then leveling and wiping away the residues.

I just tried that, it didn't get rid of the spots made from the original quick sealant at all.

Just spoke with Rusty on the phone and he is understandably upset - as I'm sure many of you here can (and will) verify Quick Sealant has been wowing people for some time now and this is certainly a situation we haven't seen before where nothing will make the spots budge.

I'm leaving the thread open for anyone else to offer a recommendation on something that might work. He said he tried Correcting Polish on a towel and it made some progress, but its a difficult area to reach and would be time consuming to do that way. My next suggestion - should he choose to accept the advice - would be to cannibalize an orange foam pad, cut a workable piece to reach this area and use it by hand to rub the spots out.

Best of luck to you Rusty - terribly sorry for an unusual and unexpected result.

Really weird.  Why is it yellow? Every time I've used QS it was so clear it was hard to see at all.....

I think it's looking yellow in the picture due to the flash on the phone.  Up close it's white.

Are you sure that it is actually quick sealant that you can't remove and not something else?

Part of me wonders the same thing as well, but hard to know. Looking at the pic without perspective it appears to be something running, and large drops, not fine dots like you'd expect with overspray from QS. I'm taking Rusty at his word that it wasn't there before.

I've gotten some ridiculous things to disappear completely with Goof Off.  Don't let it dry on your paint though.  

As I understand it his challenge is where its located - he can't easily reach the area, so that might work, but it also poses the question - if he can't get Goof Off wiped off then what?

Would deep wheel cleaner help? Spray on, let linger then hose off.

I doubt it considering it's pH neutral so unless he puts a brick of iron there, it's no going to change pH.  

Also, APC has a pH of 12.8, which should easily remove QS, which the OP tried.

I doubt it considering it's pH neutral so unless he puts a brick of iron there, it's no going to change pH.  

Also, APC has a pH of 12.8, which should easily remove QS, which the OP tried.

Ah, I didn't remember that it was pH neutral.

Part of me wonders the same thing as well, but hard to know.

It was quick spray, these spots were visible the next morning after spraying quick spray on the bumper with the car in my garage all night.  The spots aren't yellow.  I'll attach the pics that people have been asking for, but since everyone doesn't want to believe me, I won't be responding to this thread anymore.  I really don't appreciate people on here inferring that I'm not telling the truth.  Thank you all for making me feel unwanted here simply for asking for some help.

post-12040-0-31847100-1431551028_thumb.jpg

post-12040-0-63250700-1431551042_thumb.jpg

Edited by rusman