Customer Service 866.965.0400

"Tote"ing your gear-in what?

derek1387

Question

Looking at different ways to store and tote your detailing gear from place to place, as I do not have a garage to do my work in.  When I do basic washes/etc i will do it at my house, but when i want to do a full on polish/buff, I will most likely go to a friends place with a garage.

What do you all use to store your stuff/keep organized/transport it all in?

I was thinking just a rolling cart, but figured I would see what you all have in mind, as you are all the genius's! 

I am an Apple Genius...not a detailing one! 

GO MACS! 

I have an old barn so I tend to detail outside mostly, not ideal but it works. 

There are some awesome cart ides out there, I have seen quite a few on this site for moving around the vehicle. 

As far as transport Adams makes a couple bags that will handle alot of the need. 

Derek,

ben@Adam's hit the nail on the head for what to use to transport your polisher(s) and products.

I use a couple large for "mobile detailing activities" and keep a small one in each of my cars during the summer months, especially when going to shows, etc.

To store items at home, I have cupboards in my garage for product, and shelving units with plastic totes to store towels, applicators, brushes, etc.

Hope this helps in getting you pointed in the right direction to meet your needs.

Don't have the bag(s) (want one) but your wash buckets will work great for bottles, brushes, towels, etc. I didn't count how many 16oz I had in my bucket last time I packed my stuff somewhere but it is quite a few, and the sprayer bottles will hang over the lip on the outside if you don't put the lid on. Also an Adam's bucket with the lid will keep your towels nice and clean while transporting them.

I tend to use my buckets for this while washing also...I will hang my APC and DWC on the lip of my bucket that I rinse my brushes in. then I can just pack the whole mess to each tire and its ready to go!

Make sure you don't store your towels in the bucket long term with the lid on though...any moisture will cause them to mildew and smell nasty.

Well, I am a Mac tech agent for Apple...but started on the iOS side...feel free to message me anything you might have.

And awesome. Looks like another order may be incoming.

Wife is going to hate me :-)

Do the interior of her car with detail spray, she will love the smell, then you have an excuse to buy more products.....

Stored in the house

large Adam's bag      - Waxes, Sealants, Revive, BG, and LC   

large plastic tote        - polishes  

Stored in the garage on shelves

medium plastic totes  - Polish towel (1), Wash towels (1), Waterless wash towels (1)

DIY LED lights and stand
gallons of cleaners

Stored in the garage in plastic cabinet

large plastic tote        - pads

milk crate                   - cleaners, SVRT, applicators

Car wash shampoo, Rinseless wash, clay, DS, TID, GC, clay

Wheel bucket - brushes and cleaners in 16 oz. bottles

polishers

gallons of DS, WW, GC, IUCS

When I go mobile I put items in my Adam's bucket with the Gamma Seal lid, and two other buckets, and load all the other plastic totes + Adam's bag,  I have a long milk crate for the polishers, ext cords, etc.  When I finish the detail all the pads go in the Adam's bucket in a few inches of water with few shots of APC.  Then a Grit Guard, then the dirty towels, and spin on the lid.  I let the pad soak overnight.

I use the Rigid Totes from Home Depot.  The big one with wheels holds all of my chemicals, funnels, water, pads, etc.  The smaller toolbox stacks and locks on top of the wheeled one which I store all of my towels in.  This allows easier storage for home. 

Adam's Large Travel Bag and Compact Travel Bag are great. I too will use the buckets to put product and towels in when going mobile detailing. I have six machines stored in a large tote (cushioned so they won't bang into each other), the tote, as well as everything else, fits nicely in my Dodge Magnum, and was purchased at Walmart. A detailing cart holds all my applicators, and brushes, as well as several 16 ounce bottles of product, and too, can fit in the Magnum, apart or still together.

I am in the same situation. No driveway.

For my spray bottles, I use the Bucket Boss70012

But since they've switched to the new sprayers, the bottles are too tall to fit under the handle. So that's where the pop-top bottles go. I can fit about 12 spray bottles + can of In n Out + a can of quick sealant in the tote. For towels I use a soft-sided, wire-frame-top bag with fitted cover.

81I7xsEzE7L._SL1500_.jpg

Like others have said, I use the Adam's Large Travel Bag and the Adam's Compact Travel Bag for carrying around chemicals (and sometimes one machine and polishing pads) to a show or a mobile detail, and lately I've been using the Flex bag to carry around an assortment of microfiber towels - Double Softs, Single Softs, Edgeless Utility, Glass, Waterless Wash, etc.

You got a picture or a link? I'm intrigued. 

Sure do.

The bag is made by a company called Thirty-One, and my wife is a consultant for them. She heard me curse my towel stack for what must have been the 50th time and surprised me with that bag. The bag can be ordered with custom embroidery like what you see on mine. The wire frame on top is quite sturdy, and standing inserts can be purchased to make the entire container semi-rigid. I did not go this route because as the bag empties, the entire bag gets shorter, taking up less room.

The materials seem very strong. It appears to be some variation of a thick nylon, similar to what a heavy-duty backpack would be made of. The top-edge wire frame is slightly smaller than an average drinking straw. So, pretty thick. The fitted top has 3/4" elastic bands in each corner which keeps the top secured but it's fairly easy to remove as well. All in all, I am very happy with the bag. It keeps the unwanted dust out whilst allowing me to access towels quickly.

20151102_003309943_iOS_zpsd0qsdkuy.jpg

20151102_003230103_iOS_zpsapmlbpdn.jpg

Edited by PHOKUS

Sure do.

The bag is made by a company called Thirty-One, and my wife is a consultant for them. She heard me curse my towel stack for what must have been the 50th time and surprised me with that bag. The bag can be ordered with custom embroidery like what you see on mine. The wire frame on top is quite sturdy, and standing inserts can be purchased to make the entire container semi-rigid. I did not go this route because as the bag empties, the entire bag gets shorter, taking up less room.

The materials seem very strong. It appears to be some variation of a thick nylon, similar to what a heavy-duty backpack would be made of. The top-edge wire frame is slightly smaller than an average drinking straw. So, pretty thick. The fitted top has 3/4" elastic bands in each corner which keeps the top secured but it's fairly easy to remove as well. All in all, I am very happy with the bag. It keeps the unwanted dust out whilst allowing me to access towels quickly.

Nice! thanks! I know plenty of 31 reps on Facebook... 

I use a bucket jockey from Home Depot that goes around the rim of a 5 gallon bucket for transporting chemicals and cleaning accessories around my garage while detailing or outside when washing my cars.