Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tire and rubber cleaner

hemi1300

Question

Anybody got any reviews yet of the new tire and rubber cleaner? Placing an order this weekend for multiple products with the nicw sale going on and definitely ordering some of the new tire cleaner, just curious if anyone has some 1st hand experience comparing to all purpose

Well where all the white letter reviews!! Lol. Get with it boys

Washed my truck this evening, using TRC on the tires and my rubber bed mat.  No pics (sorry, but I was pressed for time), but I'm impressed with how it performed in both uses.  Despite being relatively "clean," lots of brown grime came off the tires and the white letters brightened-up nicely.  The bed mat was similarly "clean" when I started, but yielded muddy-looking suds as I scrubbed with a fender brush.  Bottom line:  TRC is much more effective than APC at cleaning tires/rubber. 

That's what I was wondering too...I don't wash my Trans Am but maybe twice a year (700 miles a year - pretty day only car) and the white letters need to be cleaned with Bleche White to keep them white and looking good.....I hope this will clean them and keep the letters white :)

You can also use Shout stain remover or similar product. It will bring back the white letters to life.

Washed my truck this evening, using TRC on the tires and my rubber bed mat.  No pics (sorry, but I was pressed for time), but I'm impressed with how it performed in both uses.  Despite being relatively "clean," lots of brown grime came off the tires and the white letters brightened-up nicely.  The bed mat was similarly "clean" when I started, but yielded muddy-looking suds as I scrubbed with a fender brush.  Bottom line:  TRC is much more effective than APC at cleaning tires/rubber. 

Thanks for the post, I need to get me some ordered !

Got mine yesterday and tested it out on my spare trailer tire.  This tire/wheel has NEVER been washed, it just lived in the enclosed trailer with the 4 wheelers so it had a layer of dirt/dust on it from sliding it around.  Also had some blooming on it since it is over 10 years old now but no dry rot.

Started by spraying the wheel with the hose to knock the dust off and get it wet. DWC on the wheel and TRC on the tire.  Almost instantly, some brown dirty liquid was running off the tire (I also like the new 36oz bottles and sprayers). Busted out the blue bristle tire brush and started scrubbing and all kinds of dirt was coming off. The chemical definitely sticks to the tire and brush better than APC and foams up a little which APC was lacking in my opinion.  Hose off was easy and the tire rinsed to a clean black rubber.

I love it and I'm glad I bought the 36oz and a gallon.

You can also use Shout stain remover or similar product. It will bring back the white letters to life.

After getting the strange look from my wife when I told here I was going to borrow some Shout to clean the white letters on my tires I gave it a try. Much easier on the lungs than some of those really strong APC’s. I let it sit on there for about 30 seconds and then added some APC and the tires and letters came out really good. Thanks for the tip

After getting the strange look from my wife when I told here I was going to borrow some Shout to clean the white letters on my tires I gave it a try. Much easier on the lungs than some of those really strong APC’s. I let it sit on there for about 30 seconds and then added some APC and the tires and letters came out really good. Thanks for the tip

No problem!

Now she will want to borrow APC, or glass cleaner for on the house.

I had some problem with the TRC on my first try had to go over the tire a couple of times but after some hard work they came out really clean and black then I put some tire shine on it looks great and I think the tire shine last longer on the tire than it did in the past just cleaning the tire with APC had a problem at first but it's a great product good job Adamspost-14028-0-02316700-1468072826_thumb.jpegpost-14028-0-58450600-1468072911_thumb.jpegtop just with TRC and bottom with tire shine

Edited by buffalobob920

I used the Tire & Rubber Cleaner for the first time yesterday. The tires on the Suburban had Tire Shine that was more than a month since application. 

WOW!. Way better than APC on tires! I did each tire 4 times (yikes!) and the foam on the 4th application was very, very close to white. I used about 12 OZ of the stuff! :o This morning I gave the tires a healthy coat of Tire Shine.

Now for deciding a "maintenance wash" routine for the tires

I was able to use the TIre Cleaner for the first time on my BFG all terains, product worked great. White letters came out whiter than with the usual all purpose cleaner. The only thing is I used 16 ounces to clean the tires....with 3 vehicles in the driveway it's going to be costly.

Side note I purchased the blue tire brush - absolutely LOVE it

Side question - Would you use the Tire Cleaner every wash?

Edited by Kickerz71

I was able to use the TIre Cleaner for the first time on my BFG all terains, product worked great. White letters came out whiter than with the usual all purpose cleaner. The only thing is I used 16 ounces to clean the tires....with 3 vehicles in the driveway it's going to be costly.

For me its too expensive to use even every 4th wash and now that I sealed my wheels with LPS, I cant.

I would say get them really clean and put VRT or tire shine on them and then only uses the tire and rubber cleaner as needed.

For those questioning about diluting down Adam's Tire & Rubber Cleaner, it is a strong formula that you can try diluting down 1:1 or 2:1, preferably with distilled water, and you should still get nice results. For very dirty tires though, I would still stick with full strength or 1:1. 

you used 16oz. on 4 tires?

you used 16oz. on 4 tires?

indeed...i purchased a 32 oz bottle. finished with half bottle. 

I did 3 pass per tire, by the 3rd pass there was no more brown coming off the tire.

It was really easy to see the layers of gunk coming off each pass.

I assume my next time I wont need to clean the tire as much, fingers crossed

indeed...i purchased a 32 oz bottle. finished with half bottle. 

I did 3 pass per tire, by the 3rd pass there was no more brown coming off the tire.

It was really easy to see the layers of gunk coming off each pass.

I assume my next time I wont need to clean the tire as much, fingers crossed

Next time try hitting the tires with APC to do the brunt of the work.  Then follow up with a few passes of tire & rubber cleaner.  It will save you a lot more product. 

i just did the tires on my wifes terrain which ive never properly cleaned before and the tire and rubber cleaner worked great!! i only used half a 16 oz bottle to get them nice and black again. stuff works great!

Finally took some pictures.  They're Outlined White Letters but, as I said, they brightened-up nicely...

IMG_0004_zpsge0mpzbq.jpg

IMG_0008_zpsreakp3ee.jpg