Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tire and rubber cleaner

hemi1300

Question

Anybody got any reviews yet of the new tire and rubber cleaner? Placing an order this weekend for multiple products with the nicw sale going on and definitely ordering some of the new tire cleaner, just curious if anyone has some 1st hand experience comparing to all purpose

I just tested it.

I wanted to see how it compared to the old standard tire cleaner than has been around for decades and decades. So I did the fronts with the new tire and rubber cleaner and the backs with the other brand.  I just wanted to test the cutting power without scrubbing so I sprayed it on, waited 5 minutes, hosed off and dried with master blaster.

I would say the cutting power is equal to the other brand which is pretty good. Way better than APC. They were not totally clean without scrubbing but not bad.

So I resprayed with both brands again, scrubbed, rinsed and dried.  Both were equally clean. These particular tires have a lot of brown and APC wont touch it. The new Adams did great compared to APC

Curious would we do okay diluting this for tires that aren't destroyed?

I plan to try it. I will be using distilled water for dilution, as minerals present in most drinking waters may further reduce cutting power of the TRC.

Honestly if you cut it 1:1 it will probably clean just as well or slightly better than APC at full strength - go for it!

I am interested to hear some results of this testing not that I want to thing the tire and rubber cleaner for its intended purpose but my find many other uses for the same produce that might not need full cutting power

I would think of it as any strong APC - they are sold strong out of the bottle and diluted for intended purposes - most manufacturers don't sell an APC that is only intended to be used as a RTU product -

The point is making sure its safe for plastic, rubber, and paint surfaces like APC is - so if thats the case with the new cleaner and its stronger yet still safe, then the same rules apply - you probably could keep some full strength for nasty jobs but for maintenance just cut it 1:1 or 3:1 and see how it performs -

Make your product go longer that way

Jason, this brings up something else I have been thinking of. 

Because shipping is so expensive it makes me wish you could buy super concentrate in gallons and then just self mix with distilled water.

Maybe even include a couple labels with the gallons to stick on the spray bottle.

Because shipping is so expensive it makes me wish you could buy super concentrate in gallons and then just self mix with distilled water.

Maybe even include a couple labels with the gallons to stick on the spray bottle.

Already do this with detail spray. Just not cost effective not using concentrates.

I've mentioned it many times as this is where the industry is going. However for the weekend warrior and typical Adam's customer base they do not want to mix products and prefer to buy something and use it out of the bottle.

I'm sure another factor is cost of a concentrate compared to what Adam's sells a RTU product for, etc.

For now, I would use the tire and rubber cleaner as a concentrate and dilute as needed even though it doesn't say so on the bottle if you'd wish.

I am going to play with it, but to be clear I was talking about all dilute-able products.

I think it would be great to buy a 64 oz bottle of something as thick as shampoo and mix my own detail spray, Leather and interior cleaner, APC, VRT, etc.

Right now USPS and Fed Ex is making a killing on Adams products :)

But you are right they are selling to a lot of RTU buyers.

Edited by rrmccabe

I believe Adam has also mentioned about how he doesn't want beginners to have to dilute their own products and possibly make mistakes that would cause them to have bad results and be unhappy. Since he offers a 110% guarantee, he wants to be sure the products are being used as intended and not too weak or too strong. It makes sense from a customer service perspective.

I just tested it.

I wanted to see how it compared to the old standard tire cleaner than has been around for decades and decades. So I did the fronts with the new tire and rubber cleaner and the backs with the other brand.  I just wanted to test the cutting power without scrubbing so I sprayed it on, waited 5 minutes, hosed off and dried with master blaster.

I would say the cutting power is equal to the other brand which is pretty good. Way better than APC. They were not totally clean without scrubbing but not bad.

So I resprayed with both brands again, scrubbed, rinsed and dried.  Both were equally clean. These particular tires have a lot of brown and APC wont touch it. The new Adams did great compared to APC

But what does it smell like!!!!!

I am going to play with it, but to be clear I was talking about all dilute-able products.

I think it would be great to buy a 64 oz bottle of something as thick as shampoo and mix my own detail spray, Leather and interior cleaner, APC, VRT, etc.

Right now USPS and Fed Ex is making a killing on Adams products :)

But you are right they are selling to a lot of RTU buyers.

I agree on diluting stuff is great and makes things last. However I would think that Adams would probably not want to sell the heavier products for dilution as they could not keep their great guarantee on it as they did not prep the products and ensure that they were mixed and bottled properly. 

No I'll be the second guy with white letter tires on my muscle on this forum, I'm also wondering if it will clean white letter or white wall tires that are yellowing

That's what I was wondering too...I don't wash my Trans Am but maybe twice a year (700 miles a year - pretty day only car) and the white letters need to be cleaned with Bleche White to keep them white and looking good.....I hope this will clean them and keep the letters white :)

And dont get me wrong. I am OLD and can relate.

The first new tires I bought in the.... uhh 70s.

Bleche White does a good job for sure.  Be interested to see if the new Adams works.  Does APC do anything?

post-13932-0-08688100-1467592202_thumb.jpg

And dont get me wrong. I am OLD and can relate.

The first new tires I bought in the.... uhh 70s.

Bleche White does a good job for sure.  Be interested to see if the new Adams works.  Does APC do anything?

Oh yeah I remember those.....still love them....lol

The APC does pretty good, but the Bleche White really gets them the whitest....I have stopped putting any tire dressing on them at all since that was making the letters more discolored over time too...now I just clean them and leave them a nice clean black color.