Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wipe after Blow dry?

PT3

Question

Hey guys....

How many of you still wipe the car down after you've blow dried?

Do you find you NEED to due to streaks/water trails?

I'm asking cause with my Toro (electric) leaf blower, I find I NEED to do a final wipe down with detail spray to get rid of any trace of water 'smears'.

So, many on here have suggested I blow dry my new black truck to minimize how much I have to touch it. But I don't see how blow drying is helping me with anything besides getting water out from the crevices.

Thanks for your thoughts.

post-12257-0-31177000-1471367044_thumb.jpeg

post-12257-0-48543800-1471371293_thumb.jpeg

Edited by PT3

I find that blow drying alone just isn't fast enough to stop spotting and streaking most of the time.  What I do is quickly blot the whole car dry, then blow out cracks and crevices, then a quick wipe down with spray wax or detail spray to get the spots.

I don't blow dry, but I use Detail Spray when I towel dry.

I find that blow drying alone just isn't fast enough to stopp spotting and streaking most of the time.  What I do is quickly blot the whole car dry, then blow out cracks and crevices, then a quick wipe down with spray wax or detail spray to get the spots.

I only blow dry cracks and crevasses of the vehicle. I found that blowing an entire vehicle dry can often take longer and creates water spots (especially when blow drying well water). 

I use the pooling method to dry and follow up with MF and diluted Rinseless.

Thanks guys!

I too ALWAYS use Detail Spray as a drying enhancer.

+1 on what Jason said, 

I learned this the hard way. Tried to blow dry my dad's Tundra Crewmax in the garage and it took way too long and I still had to give it a final pass with detail spray.  I have instead changed to only doing certain areas quickly like Jason and Kevin and then using detail spray for a final wipe down (I have way too much because of MB's).

Same here just the cracks and areas around the mirrors and handles. Even with a Master Blaster 8hp heated blower it is really hard to blow dry the entire car without spotting. Just use a healthy amount of detail spray and make sure your towels are clean and soft.

I basically blow dry the whole thing including cracks and crevices FIRST and then do my final wipe with the drying towel and my drying lubricant of choice on the surface.

This way I have everything blown out first and avoid 98% of the need for a "second wipe" because you've eliminated most of where water runs out.

It goes without saying I do this in the shade for the most part - no fun to dry in the sun.

I always blow dry with the Master Blaster, I would not use a leaf blower......IMHO.

You will end up blowing dust on your paint, a nice black car like you have deserves better.

:iagree: Phil, if not a Master Blaster, get a Sidekick, then perform final drying using microfiber and Detail Spray!

Leaf Blower has the potential to blow dirt and abrasive debris ONTO the vehicle while removing the water....................

Hey guys....

How many of you still wipe the car down after you've blow dried?

Do you find you NEED to due to streaks/water trails?

I'm asking cause with my Toro (electric) leaf blower, I find I NEED to do a final wipe down with detail spray to get rid of any trace of water 'smears'.

So, many on here have suggested I blow dry my new black truck to minimize how much I have to touch it. But I don't see how blow drying is helping me with anything besides getting water out from the crevices.

Thanks for your thoughts.

1. Sheet rinse

2. Mist with Detail Spray

3. Hit known leakage area's with Air (i.e..Window seals, mirrors, honeycomb grills, wheels)

4. Wipe down with damp Rinsless MF'er or your favorite drying towel

Very rarely will anyone just use air and never touch there car with a wipedown of any sort after a wash...whether it be immediately or days after with a Waterless/Rinsless/Spray Wax wipedown.  The biggest rule of thumb is there should never be a dry towel touching dry paint.  If ur using quality products and towels, the chance of damage is extremely low anyway. Most people are going to touch up there ride with a polisher once or twice a year anyway.  

Edited by 07RS4

Why do you keep calling that beautiful vehicle a "truck"?

In Porsche world, especially when you have a 911, a Cayenne is a truck.

I have a crossover suv, and it is the furthest thing from a truck, but it is not a car to me. For me vehicles are cars or trucks without getting specific on what they actually are. 

Very rarely will anyone just use air and never touch there car with a wipedown of any sort after a wash...whether it be immediately or days after with a Waterless/Rinsless/Spray Wax wipedown.

I guess I'm one of those rare exceptions. No towels touch my car after blow drying with the Mb. Do I occasionally get a water spot or drip I miss? Sure. Do I rarely need to correct my paint as a result of scratches/swirls from touching my paint? Yes.

I don't live in the "Porsche World" but here in the "Real World"  (by that I mean Texas) that ain't a truck.

How would you refer to it? Again, per the comment before.... Simply using the terms loosely and simple.

How would you refer to it? Again, per the comment before.... Simply using the terms loosely and simple.

I'm just teasing you.    Call it whatever you want.

If it was in my garage it would be a "car".  I think, technically, it's a "crossover" but that's a mouthful.

I'd refer to it as a "My Porsche" lol no point in buying a Porsche if your not going to brag about it or not say the name constantly when you talk about it.

I'd refer to it as a "My Porsche" lol no point in buying a Porsche if your not going to brag about it or not say the name constantly when you talk about it.

I don't like to brag and I don't like bragging that I have a Porsche as I purchased it for myself to enjoy and not to show off.  The second I tell someone I have a Porsche, they generally have a different reaction etc. than if I didn't. 

Edited by wely324

I don't like to brag and I don't like bragging that I have a Porsche as I purchased it for myself to enjoy and not to show off.  The second I tell someone I have a Porsche, they generally have a different reaction etc. than if I didn't. 

To be honest I have the same reaction given when I say I hesitantly tell people I drive a BMW - even though its 13 years old.