Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brand new car & white polish

Quikcolin

Question

Hey guys,

I have a brand new (355km) mustang in shadow black that’s been washed twice, and now sits under its cover with a healthy coat of detail spray on her. 

I habe the Graphene Ceramic Coating kit, and plan to install this spring when the weather is warmer. 

I have the least aggressive clay bar Adam’s makes, and plan to do a full clay of the car, once complete I will give the car a polish.  

Even as a new vehicle, being black I do see a few marks here and there, and would like to have a perfect surface to apply the Graphene to. 

Side note, before I became an Adam’s fanboy (I truly am now) I bought a chemical guys da polisher, and Griot Garage black pads. I have a small and large backing plates and the correct size pads to work with each.  I’ll be use the Adam’s white polish, as recommended by a team member here.  I have a large space heater and will warm the garage up to room temp or more when polishing.  

ive never polished a car before. You read about a lot of horror stores.  I was wondering if there is one particular YouTube video, or a set of instructions you guys consider gospel when it comes to MILD correction?  My cars paint is 97% perfect. I’m attempting to do a very very light polish. 

THANKS!

Colin

Edited by Quikcolin

10 answers to this question

Just now, Quikcolin said:

Thanks Chris. I was wondering if there was a particular technique that should be used for paint that’s almost perfect?  Lighter pressure?  Quicker?  Again I am new to this 

You would use our Polish & White foam pad & maybe  speed 3 or 4 to achieve perfect results like you are looking for.

Do a 2 x 2 test spot on a flat panel like your hood so you will know what it's going to take to get back to perfect.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm 74 :oldman:  and didn't start using a polisher until around 10 years ago.  Started with a Porter Cable which killed my shoulder, and then switched to the Swirl Killer polishers and that's all I use now.  I do very little hand polishing now...........one black car, one white car, and both get the full treatments.  Go for it! 

4 minutes ago, DeniseDArteaga said:

Don't polish a new car. Use a wax with no abrasive in it, as your car needs protection, not paint remediation.

You might be surprised. We call them Dealer Installed Swirls and are common from the lot where cars are given a quick wash with a bristle brush. They can also be heavily contaminated with rail dust, etc. where decon is needed. 

4 hours ago, DeniseDArteaga said:

Don't polish a new car. Use a wax with no abrasive in it, as your car needs protection, not paint remediation.

I disagree.  Cars are delivered with white self adhesive protective layers on them that hold in dirt and contaminants.  Once that's removed, you'll find swirls and scratches in every new car.  Before you wax or apply any protective sealant, the paint has to be properly corrected, and that can only be done by polishing to remove the blemishes.