Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Foam Gun - (NOT 100%) Made In The USA

Team Adam's

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats just a lot of hardware, I do a brass shutoff and thats it... more connections = more potential problem areas and places for leaks/pressure loss.

To each their own.

This is what I use my qwik disconnect's for:

Foam Gun (Adams)

Firemans nossel (spray down)

Cut-off garden hose (rinsing )

Power washer (cleaning the house siding)

Lawn Spinkler (try keeping grass green in summer):(

Without them,:willy:

This is what I use my qwik disconnect's for:

Foam Gun (Adams)

Firemans nossel (spray down)

Cut-off garden hose (rinsing )

Power washer (cleaning the house siding)

Lawn Spinkler (try keeping grass green in summer):(

Without them,:willy:

I wouldnt use the quick connects on the Power Washer. Your going to burn up the pump. The change in hose size deprives the pump from the water it needs to cool it.

Its essentially the same with a fire truck just smaller, believe me I've seen people burn up pumps because they only have the tank valve half open with no other water coming in.

Thought I'd tease some of you that dont have one yet. :lolsmack:

I had my first 'foam party' yesterday as well! It definitely adds some fun to washing the car. I had a POS minivan drive by while I was foaming and heard a brake squeal (metal on metal of course) as she stopped to figure out what I was doing!

I wouldnt use the quick connects on the Power Washer. Your going to burn up the pump. The change in hose size deprives the pump from the water it needs to cool it.

Its essentially the same with a fire truck just smaller, believe me I've seen people burn up pumps because they only have the tank valve half open with no other water coming in.

Iv'e drilled out the I.D of the brass just for that reason.;)

It's a low end Campbell Hausfeld that iv'e owned for 6 years,and hasn't quit me yet.

Here are some foam gun pics.

Unboxed my order and here is what I had minus the towels:

4988798172_9075456e62_z.jpg

Adam's Polishes Premium Foam Gun Kit by briandewitt, on Flickr

4988807464_2bfc6d64ed_z.jpg

Adam's Polishes Foam Gun 02 by briandewitt, on Flickr

4988209541_969383634c_z.jpg

Foam Gun 03 by briandewitt, on Flickr

The part of the gun that attaches to the hose

4988214365_69068dde5a_z.jpg

Foam Gun 04 by briandewitt, on Flickr

4988821208_0399d518eb_b.jpg

Foam Gun 05 by briandewitt, on Flickr

Foaming!

4988825088_60cfedd6c8_b.jpg

Foam Gun 06 by briandewitt, on Flickr

4988828020_071edc98e3_b.jpg

Foam Gun 07 by briandewitt, on Flickr

4988830912_9d72cd808d_b.jpg

Foam Gun 08 by briandewitt, on Flickr

Thanks Dylan@Adams and Camaro5Ryan.

Dylan, I did foam the BMW, the mailbox, the front of the silver Smart and a couple of the windows on the house. I think I may have accidentally foamed a neighbor and their dog as they walked by. :willy:

I used 7 ounces of car shampoo with water to just below the 32oz mark. I pre-washed with Dawn to make sure I got any previous polish and wax off the finish. Then I went to Foam City. :) I'm certain that I could have foamed the BMW and both Smarts but the BMW was filthy. Plus it started to rain a bit after I foamed the BMW so I had to foam it again! I'll do a write up over in detailer write ups.

Its such an amazing product. I like it more than the Mr. Clean Auto Wash thing and the Gilmour gun. My parents love that Mr. Clean thing so I tried it once. Then it stopped being sold so my Dad has gone on eBay and buys up the refill soap and water filters. He even bought and sent me a kit. I'll have to send him one of these Adam's Foam Gun kits so he and Mom can see the light! And I'm sure they'll love the fact that its made in the U.S.A. and they can still get "refills" for it. :D

It really is an excellent product. Combined with the two wash pads and the grit guard, this is the ultimate way to clean your cars. :thumbsup:

Its pretty durable, and I've had no problem holding it only by the nozzle. Its only 32oz and if a gallon weighs about 7-8lbs the canister full of soap and water, worst case only weighs about 2lbs. Not a lot of weight.

Cool thanks for the quick response. i love the new Brilliant Glaze by the way.. :cheers:

so i got to use my new foam gun first time today. One question I had..i put the water in up to the 32oz mark and put in 6oz soap. When i was foaming the car down i blew through alomst the entire contents of the container with just the one application. Am I missing something? The stuff seems to come out real foamy and thick but others were saying how they managed to wash a couple cars and mailboxes and what have you. Is that with one 6oz fill or are folks refilling it?

so i got to use my new foam gun first time today. One question I had..i put the water in up to the 32oz mark and put in 6oz soap. When i was foaming the car down i blew through alomst the entire contents of the container with just the one application. Am I missing something? The stuff seems to come out real foamy and thick but others were saying how they managed to wash a couple cars and mailboxes and what have you. Is that with one 6oz fill or are folks refilling it?

Im having the same problem. After washing my truck I look at the bottle and its completely empty. No water no soap, empty. Is that normal?

Im having the same problem. After washing my truck I look at the bottle and its completely empty. No water no soap, empty. Is that normal?

I can foam my avalanche down 2x with one canister... were you just foaming the entire car once or going over it more than once?

Again, I can foam a fullsize truck 2x with w/ one canister, are you guys laying it on really thick or just enough to cover?

I wonder if controlling how much (or little) water is coming out of the faucet/through the hose will make a difference. My faucet was half open and there was plenty to foam our 530i twice. Of course I was also taking pictures while foaming, foamed the mailbox and half of one of my Smart ForTwos.

In a way I'm glad it rained after the first foaming. I learned how much I could foam! :)

Laying the foam on thick might be done in the videos just for show. Like Dylan just said, are you trying to hide the car with foam or just soap it up.

I can foam my avalanche down 2x with one canister... were you just foaming the entire car once or going over it more than once?

I start at the top and just do sweeping motion back and forth covering the car by side. So i'll stand on one side of the car aim at the room and sweep back and forth on down to the lower panels then go to the other side and repeat for that side.

Next time I'll try to intentionally fee like i'm not doing the back and forth and see if that works out better. I also will say the foam was laid on real thick..and lookin gooooood. But maybe that means too much.

Oh..and on a side note..i absolutely LOVE the nozzle without the canister attached just as a general sprayer for rising/blasting. Nice work!

If I have a chance I'll shoot a vid this weekend of me foaming my truck down for comparison.

If i look back at the two vids you have in the first post here, my foam thickness and quantity is DEFINITELY in line with what on the suv on the 2nd video and much heavier than the few action shots at the end of the first video. It actually struck me when I was washing it to think..dang there's enough foam on here i could easily just use a clean wet wash mit and not even need soap in the bucket. So yea..maybe i'm laying on waaaay to heavy.:loser:

Archived