Customer Service 866.965.0400

Lets See Those Detailed Engine Compartments

Chris@Adams

Question

Jebus BRZN, do you not drive your car? How is your bay that clean? lol ... Also, why is the tips of your headers so shiny and in the 3rd pic, it has a clean cut line where it goes from shiny to raw or dull. What's with that?

Man I cannot WAIT until my GTO sits in a garage. The first thing that's happening when it sits is the engine is being completely taken apart and cleaned.

Edited by Laguna

Jebus BRZN, do you not drive your car? How is your bay that clean? lol ... Also, why is the tips of your headers so shiny and in the 3rd pic, it has a clean cut line where it goes from shiny to raw or dull. What's with that?

Man I cannot WAIT until my GTO sits in a garage. The first thing that's happening when it sits is the engine is being completely taken apart and cleaned.

Well yes I do drive her! She has 8,300 miles on her ;)

The headers are SLP Ceramic coated Long Tubes. The SLP logo is on a small piece of polished stamped metal welded to the front primary on each side up close to the head. The primary tubes appear dull due to the ceramic coating.

Hyundai made the 2.0 Turbo with the tuner in mind (witness the guy in Nevada making 520+ hp on race gas, 470+ on pump gas......) so we don't get the covers.

Still, I think it came out pretty good. There is about 6000 km in four months on the engine bay in this pic.

CIMG0020-2.jpg

Notning I can do about the rust prtectant though. :o

The engine is signed by Dave McClellan and Dave Hill, both noted Corvette engineers, Andy Pilgrim (driver for Corvette C5 race team), Big Daddy Don Garlits (top fuel drag racer and inventor of the first rear engine dragster) and Mario Andretti (got it last year so it's not in the pics).

I don't touch the covers. I drive with them on and don't clean them. I had tried to clear coat them, but when I tried it on a hidden spot it made the marker run. One of these days I'm going to retire them and hang them in the garage. But for now, they're a conversation piece.

Thanks for asking.

The engine is signed by Dave McClellan and Dave Hill, both noted Corvette engineers, Andy Pilgrim (driver for Corvette C5 race team), Big Daddy Don Garlits (top fuel drag racer and inventor of the first rear engine dragster) and Mario Andretti (got it last year so it's not in the pics).

I don't touch the covers. I drive with them on and don't clean them. I had tried to clear coat them, but when I tried it on a hidden spot it made the marker run. One of these days I'm going to retire them and hang them in the garage. But for now, they're a conversation piece.

Thanks for asking.

Rich have you thought about taking them off while you drive and putting them on at the show. I do that with my engine cover in my G8 sometimes.

Rich have you thought about taking them off while you drive and putting them on at the show. I do that with my engine cover in my G8 sometimes.

Not really. They're only plastic with clips. I'm afraid one or more of the clips will break off eventually. So they stay on. No problems.