Customer Service 866.965.0400

H2O Guard & Gloss | FAQ's | Discussion

Team Adam's

Question

Adam's H2O Guard & Gloss | Water Activated Exterior Sealant

Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss delivers lasting protection and unmatched gloss in a unique water-activated formula that is fast and easy to apply. The incredibly effective blend of acrylic resins and water activated nano-polymers leaves your paint slick and protected without the extra effort and hassle of traditionally applied sealants or waxes. The optical grade polymers won't stain exterior trim, and even leave rubber and plastic looking darker and protected from the elements.

Application couldn't be more simple - apply by misting over a wet vehicle and spreading with a premium plush microfiber towel or go for the dry application, using a pre-moistened microfiber towel to apply protection and shine. Regardless of the method you choose you'll agree that Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss is the easist, fastest, and most effective way to seal your paint that you've ever used.

Once you experience Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss you'll never want to go back to applying protection any other way.

FAQ's

Q: How does this compare to Detail Spray for drying?

A: DS does not offer tons of protection, and its simply spray and wipe while drying. HGG requires you to spread it over the area then buff off the excess, but it does provide months of protection.

Q: Is this a replacement for Liquid Paint Sealant?

A: No. This can be used as a booster for LPS or you can use it as your only protection.

Q: Do you have to use the wet towel?
A: Yes. The water activated nature of the product requires water for application, without it the product will not work properly so apply to a wet vehicle or use a damp towel.

Q: How long does it last?

A: Its impossible to give a one size fits all answer for every individual since circumstances will cause products to wear differently, but about 2 months would be average longevity per application.

Q: Can I use this every wash?
A: You can if you prefer, though it may not need to be applied that often. Use your best judgement.

Q: Can this be used on a vinyl wrap?
A: Yes. Gloss wraps can be treated with HGG. Matte wraps can be as well, but the application can be a little more difficult to get right.

Q: Can I use this over my existing wax?
A: Yes. HGG will layer over wax, but you may see slightly less longevity.

Q: Can I top HGG with a wax afterwards?
A: Absolutely. It behaves like a traditional sealant once its applied.

Sorry if this has been covered already, but I have been using HGG for the past month or so and love it.  I have a base of liquid sealant and have been using this over and maintaining with diluted rinseless.  I was addicted to using Brilliant glaze in the past, so I was wondering if glazing first, then applying the HGG would be of use.   I am afraid the water/application would remove the glaze.  Any thoughts?

Ace, I did that on my car yesterday and my mind might be playing tricks on me but I thought it looked wetter. I see what you are getting at, but I dont think water would really do much to diminish it any more than traditional wax application of LSP on top of BG would. I mean when I apply HGG it is with very light pressure. I probably use much more pressure with wax if that makes sense. It seems like waxing is a more invasive process to whatever currently exists on the paint relatively speaking.

Let's say you are out a car show and it starts to rain while you are parked. It rains for about 1 hour and you just happen to have a bucket of water in your trunk with some HGG and the appropriate towels. Would it be safe to go over the car with the HGG only when the rain stops?

Edited by AvsBest

Got around to finally trying the HGG i received in my mystery box and it really does work amazing. My main issue at first was keeping the panels wet as the car had a previous base layer of sealant still on it. Gonna mist the car next time... Once i got the hang of the application process it was super easy to use.

20816434626_cf1de25cab_b.jpg

Got around to finally trying the HGG i received in my mystery box and it really does work amazing.

That's an amazing photo Billy. Post that up on IG with #adamspolishes, so Matt@Adams can repost it. He is running a promo this week to win some gift cards.

I used it as a dry application and it ended up staining my double soft pretty bad even after washing the towel almost immediately after. Am I alone?

Thanks for posting this, I couldn't think for the life of me what part of my truck I didn't wash. It all makes sense now! Lol

Loving the product so far, a little goes a long way and it's held up great after 3 weeks on my black car.

I'm wondering, am I doing a disservice by not having a base of sealant, Adam's liquid or otherwise? I stripped the wax on the car and went right to the G&G as my LSP, thinking that since it should be (and indeed is) so easy to apply, I can easily keep up with maintaining it. What am I missing out on by not having the base sealant?

Loving the product so far, a little goes a long way and it's held up great after 3 weeks on my black car.

I'm wondering, am I doing a disservice by not having a base of sealant, Adam's liquid or otherwise? I stripped the wax on the car and went right to the G&G as my LSP, thinking that since it should be (and indeed is) so easy to apply, I can easily keep up with maintaining it. What am I missing out on by not having the base sealant?

Nothing.  HGG is a sealant and will last around 3 months by itself.

So today I decided to try HGG as a topper for my modesta coating. My car is driven every day and although it is garaged it is still outside a good bit of time. So I want to try and protect the coating a bit if possible so I applied HGG at the end of my wash today. Looks really good, hard to tell if it added any more gloss as it is always glossy after a good wash. Curious to see how the cars sheds dirt and water now.

21067774339_9392f7bbe2_b.jpg

So today I decided to try HGG as a topper for my modesta coating. My car is driven every day and although it is garaged it is still outside a good bit of time. So I want to try and protect the coating a bit if possible so I applied HGG at the end of my wash today. Looks really good, hard to tell if it added any more gloss as it is always glossy after a good wash. Curious to see how the cars sheds dirt and water now.

21067774339_9392f7bbe2_b.jpg

SO SHINY! :drool: Only one way to find out how well it works... I hope you applied it to your windows if you don't have glass sealant. Works fantastic.

apply in shade on a cool surface if possible. You don't want it to dry, after wiping it in with a wet towel, I go back to the top of the panel I'm working on and buff dry right away, normally using 2 dry towels. If it dries you need to start over with a wet towel.

better to apply in sunlight or in the shade? should I also allow drying time? Im finding that its sort of hard to take off after drying, maybe Im using too much

As usual it's better to apply in the shade, but it can be done in the sun if you work fast.

Don't allow drying time - just spread it over the area evenly with your wet applying towel and then take it right off with the drying towel. In fact, if I'm slow and part of the area seems to dry a little, I'll go back over it with the wet towel then immediately buff with the dry towel.

Edited by butters

I apply HGG to the entire car, including windows and pillars as Dylan suggested in the first instructional video.  Currently apply with a dry method due to water restrictions in California.  I also use the Glass Cleaner as the last step on all my windows.  Does the Glass Cleaner strip the HGG from the windows?

I apply HGG to the entire car, including windows and pillars as Dylan suggested in the first instructional video.  Currently apply with a dry method due to water restrictions in California.  I also use the Glass Cleaner as the last step on all my windows.  Does the Glass Cleaner strip the HGG from the windows?

I've read in other threads that the glass cleaner, which has no alcohol in it, won't strip it but after multiple cleanings will degrade it.

Is there a reason you clean the glass after applying HGG? Best bet would to clean the windows with glass cleaner first, then HGG so it adheres better. 

Best bet would to clean the windows with glass cleaner first, then HGG so it adheres better.

That's what I was thinking as well. Get the glass clean and then use the HGG and, if necessary, use an extra dry towel to get it completely streak free. Should look great and repel water great. The HGG seems to work about as well as glass sealant.

I've read in other threads that the glass cleaner, which has no alcohol in it, won't strip it but after multiple cleanings will degrade it.

Is there a reason you clean the glass after applying HGG? Best bet would to clean the windows with glass cleaner first, then HGG so it adheres better.

I worded my original post poorly! I'll apply HGG and buff out any streaks with a dry white double soft and it looks awesome :] then a couple days later when dust and etc have inevitably settled into the windows, I'll bring out the glass cleaner. Was wondering if I was stripping away any protection that HGG was providing :P good to hear that for the most part it's A-ok!