Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

I hope the plumber didn't rake you over the coals.  You could have easily done it.  Some may not care to play with stuff like this.  But I do feel if people realized how easy a lot of the home repair stuff like this is, they would cringe at what plumbers charge.  Electrical is another one that is quite simple too, yet they charge an arm and a leg.  

I'm 70 (closer to 71) years old. I can't lay on my back and do that stuff any more.  I just have to suck it up and pay the "piper" or plumber.

Well, my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy...in her car...2 blocks from the hospital. I'll spare you all the details but I will say that I'll be putting Adam's Carpet Cleaner to an all new test.

CONGRATULATIONS!!  

Did pads, rotors, and bled the brakes on my '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I can't tell you what pain the old rotors were to get off, I had ear protection on I was hitting them so hard!

I wonder if having an air hammer with enough cfm would have made a difference.  When I did my kids upper ball joints last year, I know I would have never been able to drive the old rivets out without one.  

Was wanting to do a full detail on my DD today, but the crappy weather put the kibosh on that.

Edited by LFairbanks

A good friend of mine asked me if I would work on the wheels on her Caddy.  No problem.....broke out my Adams arsenal and went to work.  The wheels came our perfect....so what the heck.....gave the care a complete bath. My wheel cleaning inspector approved!  :bow:

post-15154-0-85307700-1490536509_thumb.jpg

post-15154-0-98782000-1490536538_thumb.jpg

post-15154-0-09116600-1490536580_thumb.jpg

post-15154-0-07610000-1490536599_thumb.jpg

post-15154-0-96526700-1490536659_thumb.jpg

I wonder if having an air hammer with enough cfm would have made a difference.  When I did my kids upper ball joints last year, I know I would have never been able to drive the old rivets out without one.  

Was wanting to do a full detail on my DD today, but the crappy weather put the kibosh on that.

I watch South Main Auto on the You Tube, and he's got an air hammer I would kill for! He calls it Big Nasty!

Managed to get all the leaves in the front yard cleaned up before it started to rain, again.

So far this month, 4.73 inches of rainfall.  Normal rainfall for March is 1.62 inch.  Forecast for the next four days...rain.

I'm in the same boat.  We got 1.98 inches of rain on Thursday alone.  Normal for the whole month of March is 1.79 inches.  I want to wash my cars without the help of mother nature.  She doesn't do it right.

I did manage to throw down some fertilizer and sprayed for bill bugs.  Yes, bugs.  I have usually done it later (April)  and my timing is late.  Even with what I have read.  So this year, I'm hoping I did it early enough.  

Edited by LFairbanks

Off to buy a 4x4x8' post for my privacy fence and then put it up.  Seems one of them rotted out (20+ years old), so have to take care of stuff.  And getting a new Weber grill too.  Always something. 

Spent some time with Adam's dealer Mint Condition Car Care at Ultimate Auto Cars & Coffee.  Taylor is a great guy and carries all of the Adam's line.  I got to check out the new Standard Foam Gun and the Snap On Bucket Seat.  I picked up one of the Limited Edition DS bottles....oh yeah, and lots of cool cars including several Ferrari's, Lambo's, Vipers, Porsche's, McLaren's, and GTR's

IMAG0788_zpsqn8iw0xs.jpg

IMAG0791_zpskjgk5cy3.jpg

Mowed for the first time this year. Painted garage door where I repaired it last week, waterless washed both Vettes, brilliant glazed the grey,cleaned under the hood,polished one fuel rail cover, hung 2 new LED 4 ft fixtures and went to the first cruise in of the year.

Edited by Crooz1n

Picked up a set of aftermarket SAP (Sports Appearance Package) Side Skirts for a buddy's 2005 Pontiac GTO while working in Hatfield, PA Friday from gtog8ta.com

IMG_1241_zpsxc6zgwbx.jpg

IMG_1242_zpszg5cpdty.jpg

Saturday, worked on a 2012 Ford Mustang GT. Eibach lowering springs; 1" front, 1.5" rear drops, Koni adjustable struts and shocks, and a Steeda adjustable Panhard bar installed.

FullSizeRender_zpsltjleat4.jpg

FOTE378_zpsl6jdwutz.jpg

Sunday; rotated the tires on the wife's Volvo, and changed its oil.

Edited by BRZN

Picked up a set of aftermarket SAP (Sports Appearance Package) Side Skirts for a buddy's 2005 Pontiac GTO while working in Hatfield, PA Friday from gtog8ta.com

IMG_1241_zpsxc6zgwbx.jpg

IMG_1242_zpszg5cpdty.jpg

Saturday, worked on a 2012 Ford Mustang GT. Eibach lowering springs; 1" front, 1.5" rear drops, Koni adjustable struts and shocks, and a Steeda adjustable Panhard bar installed.

FullSizeRender_zpsltjleat4.jpg

Sunday; rotated the tires on the wife's Volvo, and changed its oil.

My painter absolutely HATED the prep involved in painting those repro side skirts for my GTO about 7 years ago...thousands of tiny pin holes that became exposed once he started to sand them down. In all he had over 14 hours into prepping and painting them, and there are still a few minor waves that he couldn't get perfect. I think he wanted to kill me when the car was finally done  :(

Man you guys are making me look bad, made an attempt at replacing both the front hubs on Dakota. Got it up on jack stands, pulled the caliper off and beat and tugged on he disk, but never got it to come off the hub. Should have know they would be bad, when I had my snow wheels/tire put on the guy had to kick the stock ones to break them free. I have new disks coming, so once they are in I can pull the disk and hub as one.

Man you guys are making me look bad, made an attempt at replacing both the front hubs on Dakota. Got it up on jack stands, pulled the caliper off and beat and tugged on he disk, but never got it to come off the hub. Should have know they would be bad, when I had my snow wheels/tire put on the guy had to kick the stock ones to break them free. I have new disks coming, so once they are in I can pull the disk and hub as one.

Spray the crap out of it with some penetrating oil.  It may help.  An air hammer probably would help too.  As far as your tires, coat the mating surface with some white lithium grease and you won't have that problem.  You don't have to do it every time you remove the tire either.  I did the ones on my truck probably 3 years ago.  I will put some more on next time I have the tires off for rotation.  I was literally laying under the truck and kicking it with the bottom of my foot.  Along with pounding on tire with a big plastic sledge hammer.  

I clean the mounting surface of rims with a 3M pad and then coat them with Flid Film. It really helps here in the rust belt, on alloy rims. Any steering and suspension job a "BFH" is your friend, be careful of flying debris.

Got all set for 2 bucket wash in the drive, then it started to rain, so put everything away and it stopped raining. So I took the new puppy for a walk. Will do rinseless this evening.

Got all set for 2 bucket wash in the drive, then it started to rain, so put everything away and it stopped raining. So I took the new puppy for a walk. Will do rinseless this evening.

You do a 2 bucket wash on your puppy?! And Rinseless? Talk about spoiling him/her. :D

Edited by falcaineer

Gave my DD a good clean up after it hit 300,000km (186,000 Miles) getting it ready for when my DA polisher arrives later this week! 

It turned out as well as an old car that's never been corrected can and I'm looking forward to getting stuck into it to bring it back to its former glory!

post-15432-0-15890300-1491278463_thumb.jpg