Customer Service 866.965.0400

Man's Best Friends...Lets See Your Pets

70'sChevyGirl

This is our newest addition Turbo. He came wondering up at the rock quarry my sister works at and hung around for three days. They were going to call Animal Control but decided to see if I wanted him first. We just picked him up yesterday

post-10752-0-45240200-1375584634_thumb.jpgpost-10752-0-53256900-1375584662_thumb.jpg

This is Rambo who is just over a year and a half old. He was also a rescue that an older couple found but couldn't home. We've had him for just over a year now.

post-10752-0-20550100-1375584698_thumb.jpgpost-10752-0-02857800-1375584729_thumb.jpgpost-10752-0-47223000-1375584768_thumb.jpg

Ryan, have you checked to see if he is microchipped? Any veterinary office should have a scanner to check. Nice of you to take those two dogs in.

Not yet for Turbo. We picked him up from my sister in NC on Thursday evening and are currently in SC visiting with my girlfriends family. We're heading back to VA today and will be getting him to our normal vet this week so we'll have him checked then. There's a lot of backyard breeding in my hometown in NC and he looks like he came from one of those. Turbo is underfed and has bald spots and cuts all over his legs. If he was someone's dog they weren't taking care of him and haven't been looking for him (I have been keeping an eye on a Facebook page that people in the town use like Craigslist). He had no collar either.

Not yet for Turbo. We picked him up from my sister in NC on Thursday evening and are currently in SC visiting with my girlfriends family. We're heading back to VA today and will be getting him to our normal vet this week so we'll have him checked then. There's a lot of backyard breeding in my hometown in NC and he looks like he came from one of those. Turbo is underfed and has bald spots and cuts all over his legs. If he was someone's dog they weren't taking care of him and haven't been looking for him (I have been keeping an eye on a Facebook page that people in the town use like Craigslist). He had no collar either.

Your probably right especially if he has bald spots and cuts on his legs.  Some people just don't care when it comes to their animals.  I have always joked with my wife that if something were to happen to me I would want to come back as one of her pets.  We have 4 dogs, 2 horses, 2 birds and a cat.  Too much, but they are well taken care of.

Edited by LFairbanks

Your probably right especially if he has bald spots and cuts on his legs. Some people just don't care when it comes to their animals. I have always joked with my wife that if something were to happen to me I would want to come back as one of her pets. We have 4 dogs, 2 horses, 2 birds and a cat. Too much, but they are well taken care of.

If they are well taken care of then they aren't too much ;-). He's house broken but I get the feeling that was more from getting beat than actual training. A lot of people around there will get animals, never train them, and then just yell or hit them if they do something wrong (unfortunately my sister is one of them...I'm working on my people training with her). The people that had him probably got him for a child not old enough to take care of him and don't even care he's gone (another common problem in my hometown...noticing a trend here?). Either way he's a great pup and with a little guidance will be a great addition to the fam.

Ryan, have you checked to see if he is microchipped?  Any veterinary office should have a scanner to check.  Nice of you to take those two dogs in.  

As a follow-up we finally got Turbo to the vet yesterday and he wasn't chipped. 30 lbs and about a year old with some hook worms. Quick three day treatment should take care of that.

• 4 years later...

Our furry family members: Chocolate Standard Poodle - Rika VanDenHaas, Black Standard Poodle - Reanne Murtaugh, Buff Cockapoo - Martin Riggs, Doberman - Lee Butters (we just call him Butters).  Furry family members that have passed away over the years (not pictured) - Black Cockapoo who's name was Roger Murtaugh, he passed away last year, we also have had a Black Toy Poodle named Lorna Cole & a Silver Toy Poodle named Leo Getz.  Am sure some of you will make the connection on the names ;)

1231631_1402804773279464_1387621366_n-2-1.jpg.15246b5a255d62e198d2616c0e2abaf9.jpg20131130_152027.thumb.jpg.396aea97dfd532d4b77128d6d56433dd.jpgWIN_20151213_10_20_02_Pro.thumb.jpg.09298f389e3541c805d8073c87b70971.jpg

44 minutes ago, Rich said:

Our buddy of 13 years had to be put down in September.  He was mostly my wife's cat, but he's the only one we've had over the years that I enjoyed having around.  He was a good cat. 

10390976_10203570204554914_4112145862730432412_n.jpg

What a gorgeous guy!  My heart goes out to you about having to ease his life.  There are cats and then there are those who are so much more in our lives. Hugs!

9 hours ago, galaxy said:

I'm a man's man like any of us with guns and gadgets and beer and fast cars, but this little girl here is the love of my life!

IMG_2285.JPG

IMG_2162.JPG

IMG_2148.JPG

Beautiful cat!  Bengal?    Looks like she's your buddy.