Customer Service 866.965.0400

Those who use Adam's Leather & Interior Cleaner, question....

07 z-oh-6

Question

Do you even bother using it straight, no matter how soiled the surface is? After reading on the back of the bottle, that if it removes the color of the leather, dilute it 50/50, that made me hesitant to use it straight. This would go for interior panels as well. I'm thinking use it 1:1, regardless. Opinions please. :)

I have 2 bottles at all times... full strength and 1:1 diluted.

The way I figure why use it full strength when half strength will get the job done? Plus, theres no sense in being overly aggressive on delicate finishes.

I use my 1:1 bottle for regular maintenance cleanings and wipe downs, then use the full strength bottle to treat the bolsters and seat cushions where denim transfer, stains, and other 'dirt' are more prevalent.

Guess I'll be gettin' another bottle and do a 1:1 diluted as well. Thanks for the tip Dylan.

I've got a related question, what does Adam's Leather Conditioner smell like? Is it a slight leather smell or is it strong? I bought some other product that rhymes with Insano and I used their leather conditioner and it almost made me gag. It was an overpowering chemically-leather smell that I didn't care for. I've loved the smell of every Adam's product I've used so far, so I'm hoping this would be the same case for the leather conditioner. :D

Is this okay to use on black cloth seats??? What about the roof? I have a few spots around the sunroof handle that need to be cleaned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for cloth and the headliner, use the Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner

I use it full strength, however let me offer a word of warning. The small white print on some controls like wiper/washer levers ect can be removed using it full strength. I have had this happen twice, I know I,m a slow learner. Do not spray directly on switches with print.:hi:

same thing i was thinking (after I already put my order in this morning). I need an empty bottle for 50/50 interior cleaner and another empty bottle for 50/50 All Purpose Cleaner...

I always save my empty detail spray bottles since I managed to accumulate 4 or 5 before I pulled the trigger on the gallon size. Anyways, I just use them for the dillution solutions (heck of a rhyme, huh?)...

I do it both ways. I have not noticed much difference I I cleaning lower between diluted and not unless the area is really dirty.

Exactly. Why use full strength if you don't have to? Unless your balling like that....if you get the same results, seems like a simple answer.

I guess if you do customers cars and not just your own, then have several bottles of different dillution ratio's depending on the condition of the interior. I can tell you on my own vehicles, they will never get that bad ever again to require it to be used at full strength.

Guess I'll be gettin' another bottle and do a 1:1 diluted as well. Thanks for the tip Dylan.

same thing i was thinking (after I already put my order in this morning). I need an empty bottle for 50/50 interior cleaner and another empty bottle for 50/50 All Purpose Cleaner...

The way I figure why use it full strength when half strength will get the job done? Plus, theres no sense in being overly aggressive on delicate finishes.

I use my 1:1 bottle for regular maintenance cleanings and wipe downs, then use the full strength bottle to treat the bolsters and seat cushions where denim transfer, stains, and other 'dirt' are more prevalent.

You're right.

Are you saying drying out from using the cleaner?

It's a cleaning agent. On any porous fabric that you use a cleaning agent (vinyl or leather) you will find that it does get dry. It's kind of like your hair.To keep your fabrics looking and feeling soft and supple, use the conditioner. I apply it by hand on the seats, but use an applicator for the dash, side panels, bolsters, etc. And don't forget that the leather conditioner also has an SPF factor of 65 so it not only conditions your car, it protects from sun damage too.

And to be honest, the conditioner also has cleaning properties in it as well (at least that's what I've found), so what the cleaner doesn't get ....... the conditioner will find.

Great stuff.:2thumbs:

Do you even bother using it straight, no matter how soiled the surface is? After reading on the back of the bottle, that if it removes the color of the leather, dilute it 50/50, that made me hesitant to use it straight. I'm thinking use it 1:1, regardless. Opinions please. :)

Save $$ and dilute it 50/50....unless really, really dirty. It's strong stuff. Rule of thumb with anything should be least aggressive to get the job done. If you're not getting results you want, bump it up.

Archived