Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

And, this past weekend, I hit my former daily driver. As a note, I didn't hit the wheels as well as I could have because they are temporary as the factory wheels are being powder coated and when I get them back, I plan on adding ceramic coating to them. The salt corrosion alone destroyed the clear coating on the factory wheels. 

IMG_1602.thumb.jpg.26b3e426860df1bc1b2a78226307f353.jpg

IMG_1604.thumb.jpg.5e2d517fad35329d76011f73749a9694.jpg

And, I ended up doing just a quick clean of the engine bay with the Eco All Purpose Cleaner, followed by a combination of Detail Spray and VRT. When all of the upgrades are completed, I plan on removing bits like the engine cover and having it repainted back to stock. 

IMG_1599.thumb.jpg.2e5c102f946ca250f86623f35506b6b3.jpg

Also, I'm still on the fence about keeping the headlights as I had to purchase a pair quickly as I took a rock to the OEM ones and cracked. Currently, they are LED conversions, but I'm tempted on pulling all of that out and just going back to stock halogen bulbs. 

Polished up my exhaust tips on the Vette and then Ceramic Sprayed them.  Then I took our our stainless bathroom scale, used the metal polish and the machine to clean it  up and remove the few rust spots. shined it up...............and then Ceramic Sprayed it.  So then my wife was cleaning the kitchen and she comes outside with a stainless utensil holder and says "honey, can you do that stuff to this?"  So I did.  It was raining and I was bored. 

Rinseless washed the SS using Adam’s Rinseless Wash followed by a competitor’s bead making wipedown. We’ve got two to three inches of rain in the forecast from tonight through Thursday so I’m not sure what I was thinking but for now it looks nice.  Looking forward to correcting the paint then coating it next month. I found a couple love marks on the hood and trunk lid probably from snow removal that need addressing. Touched up the windshield with Glass Sealant after a good scrubbing and clay bar.

101A241B-9115-49E9-B37C-E1375473ED89.thumb.jpeg.4ca6dc239deb21d3fe3d3f22e1c94e55.jpeg

5 hours ago, TSIBrat said:

Ended up cleaning a couple of the Fiancé’s rides,

Nice work. As the saying goes, happy fiance, happy...uh, shiny cars!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bscott94 said:

Last weekend, I washed the engine bay. Yesterday, I decided to try out In and Out Spray. That stuff is awesome!

IMG_8420.JPEG

Looks great!  And you're right. The In and Out Spray is just that!  Awesome!

7 hours ago, Bscott94 said:

Last weekend, I washed the engine bay. Yesterday, I decided to try out In and Out Spray. That stuff is awesome!

IMG_8420.JPEG

Looks great! Agreed In & Out is awesome. 

If you ever find yourself short, try VRT diluted 80/20 (water/VRT). First wash the bay with TRC and rinse. Then spray the VRT solution over all hoses, belts, plastics, etc, and simply close the engine bay. No need to dry, and as the engine dries either by air or warmth after driving, it will look awesome! Try it...

9 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Looks great! Agreed In & Out is awesome. 

If you ever find yourself short, try VRT diluted 80/20 (water/VRT). First wash the bay with TRC and rinse. Then spray the VRT solution over all hoses, belts, plastics, etc, and simply close the engine bay. No need to dry, and as the engine dries either by air or warmth after driving, it will look awesome! Try it...

I'll try that. I've been wanting to make 50/50 VRT but I haven't figured out how to use half a bottle of VRT. It's not one of my favorite products. I just haven't really found a good way to use it

1 hour ago, Bscott94 said:

I'll try that. I've been wanting to make 50/50 VRT but I haven't figured out how to use half a bottle of VRT. It's not one of my favorite products. I just haven't really found a good way to use it

Watched Adam demo it at a recent clinic. Here's a before and after.

IMG_20190504_104028.thumb.jpg.d62bfddf2f566746d5e5cb9a67d8ddd6.jpg

IMG_20190504_131041.thumb.jpg.d4db63f0479c61594b9f01f998a4e4fe.jpg

36 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Watched Adam demo it at a recent clinic. Here's a before and after.

IMG_20190504_104028.thumb.jpg.d62bfddf2f566746d5e5cb9a67d8ddd6.jpg

IMG_20190504_131041.thumb.jpg.d4db63f0479c61594b9f01f998a4e4fe.jpg

That does look good. I'll have to mix a bottle up and try it next time. 

• 2 weeks later...

My wife’s Beast was covered in about eleventy million bird bombs...well maybe not eleventy, but there were a lot!  I first foamed her Durango R/T with a competitor’s foaming prep wash in the jumbo iK sprayer. While that was dwelling I quickly hit the wheels and tires with a MF wash pad and a tire brush. A quick rinse revealed wheels and tires beading water quite nicely, so no LSP for them.  On to the paint which got rinsed then washed with Adam’s Blue Car Shampoo using a couple of wash mitts in one bucket.  I love that Microfiber Wash Mitt I got in my mystery bucket. Finally a wash mitt I can fit my big hands into comfortably! That area between the middle and ring fingers that is sewn together is brilliant. No hand slipping in the wash mitt exposing the dirty side.   Vehicle was then rinsed off and I used Adam’s Spray Wax as a drying aid. No pics as it was dark out when I finished and an icy cold diet Sprite and Whiskey Acres Bourbon were calling my name.

BTW: this was also my first time using Adam’s Blue Car Shampoo and I must say I love it. I have about 16 oz. left of the old red Adam’s car shampoo from the days DVK worked there the second time. It’s been one of my two favorites and now I must say I have a third.

Had to take the daily out yesterday while the roads were dry for two hours to go buy a new washing machine.  Took it out this morning again to run to the corner store and buy hamburger buns.  Washed it and detailed it last Saturday, and it has been out those two times.  It just won't stop storming here.  I have 5" of standing water in my back yard because the ground is totally saturated.  Took out the garbage and it was over my shoes.  It's enough to make a grown man cry. 

Our patio furniture was in dire need of a real cleaning, so I got out my Foam Gun, buckets and wash mitt and gave them a proper 2 bucket wash.   APC took care of the spots that didn't want to come clean.  I was giving serious consideration to hitting them with HGG since they are white, but I thought that might be overkill.

Yesterday my manky SS was crying out for some much needed attention. I started with the last of my Kangaroo Cleaner from Dylan  (old red Adam’s Car Shampoo) in my 2 iK sprayers. Small sprayer was used to foam up wheels and wheel wells. Wheels were cleaned with Adam’s Turbo Stick and my old trusty Adam’s Lug Nut brush. Tires were cleaned with APC and a stiff bristle brush.  Rinsing revealed extraordinary beading on the wheels. I love coated wheels.

On to the paint where the large iK sprayer covered my SS in Adam’s Car Shampoo goodness with near shaving cream consistency. While entranced watching the soap globs slowly removing nasties from the finish I noticed the SS’ exhaust tips were embarrassingly dirty.😳

I blasted them with APC and scrubbed them to near new appearances. Just to make sure they stay that way I coated them with a competitor’s wheel coating after I finished the rest of the car. I rinsed the SS of soapy goodness then did a sheeting rinse. I plan on polishing the SS this coming weekend so I applied a competitor’s iron removal product to the paint and license plates. Another quick rinse and it was time for a quick wash using several wash mitts in a bucket. 

I used Adam’s Spray Wax as a drying aid. ♥️♥️♥️  Tires got a competitor’s shiny tire stuff wipe-down. My trunk which contains almost a sporting goods fishing department inventory got some Adam’s Odor Neutralizer, trust me, it needed it. Scent is pineapple orchid. I like it and recommend it.  Finished up with previously mentioned wheel coating on exhaust tips.

940BB4D0-38DE-4158-B19F-E259F3E603FD.thumb.jpeg.03bc6cf184dd33ee902160a132420934.jpeg7B9F6CC9-27A2-4131-8168-BE851BE133DD.thumb.jpeg.04c7d3b6dfd87c31f16a15a616becc92.jpegDC5F02F3-745D-4DC9-BD69-862F3C7B0A72.thumb.jpeg.de74bd4f5cc9a218d2461ee81476fdfe.jpeg

I have only a few minor spots to correct this coming weekend so it’ll be wash, clay polish and coat. I’m on vacation next week so if needed the SS can cure in the garage the whole week! As you can see I have just a little polishing to do.😉. I’m quite happy with the finish after two years. Ninety or so percent of the washes on the SS have been rinse less.

CF70EA08-6551-408F-A27F-9D55DA9C7B4B.thumb.jpeg.75f5683af7fca95cd3a773e3d01850b3.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday my Panther Black Metallic Chevy SS got washed, clayed and partially polished. Today I finished polishing the SS and I must say that the Swirl Killer 21MM LT polisher is a BEAST. I was doing this in preparation for applying Adam’s Paint Coating but we’re heading out of town (into rain🙄) so it got a competitor’s spray sealant to tide it over to Saturday when it WILL get rinseless washed, quick polish then  coated. Sunday it will get Ceramic Boost  and then it will sit until Monday AM.

50B216F1-79B5-4F62-B0E5-AE2A102C1FF2.thumb.jpeg.7b57153ebff357daed06f219bf49702c.jpeg

Tonight I will do an interior wipe down including the glass which I can see is in need of cleaning.🤷🏻‍♂️   Sorry no sun shots, it’s raining!

I started renovating my house back in January, 2017 and pretty much everything else but work and family was pushed to the wayside. Finished the house and got it sold, moved from VA to NC, bought a newly built house, and spent a few months making it 'home'. I'm finally getting back around to being able to put some time in the Stang and giving it some much needed love. It needs a paint job due to a lot of chipping/flaking and clear coat failure in a handful of spots, but that's not stopping me from getting it looking it's best. I spent this past weekend knocking the following out:

• Strip wash
  • Two passes with clay
  • Strip wash to remove clay residue
  • Three step polish where I could get (currently only have the SK21)
    • HCP with the blue foam pad
    • CP with the orange foam pad
    • PFP with the white foam pad
    • The hood was the only exception in that I started with the MF cutting pad
  • Strip wash to remove polish residue
  • Whole car topped with H20 GG.

I'd completely forgotten why I love Adam's so much (that's a lie, but needed for emphasis). It still has a ways to go, but definitely a major step in the right direction.

IMG_20190617_181808.jpg

IMG_20190617_185251.jpg

MVIMG_20190618_191800.jpg

MVIMG_20190618_191808.jpg

IMG_20190618_191822.jpg

IMG_20190623_123348.jpg

Edited by DonJuan692006
Additional photos.