Customer Service 866.965.0400

Recommend a good water hose

MattieDSC

Question

Hey guys this is prob a very dumb question but I hate my water hose. It's one of the never kink from Lowes and it's so stiff and heavy. I hate how it retains its shape and bangs against the car bc it isn't flexible. Please recommend a nice flexible but quality hose if you have one. Thanks in advance

Edited by MattieDSC

I appreciate all the help guys I need to get a reel too I guess to keep it out of the weather. Stuck between the Goodyear and flexzilla. Guess I will see if I can get my hands on them at the store

I appreciate all the help guys I need to get a reel too I guess to keep it out of the weather. Stuck between the Goodyear and flexzilla. Guess I will see if I can get my hands on them at the store

I believe the black Goodyear will last longer, I have 4 of them. Two of them are 20+ years old. They will however mark black if drug around. The Flexilla is a lighter hose that is very easy to move around and hard to kink. Feels like no hose at all if that makes any sense. I cannot vouche for the longevity as they are to new to tell. Any how, Hope you get hosed soon LOL.

Edited by crowvet

I had one of the Goodyear red hoses for around 20 years and it was still working great. Only reason I don't still have it is due to accidentally leaving it behind when I sold a house.

Thanks guys I ended up getting a goodyear bc it was relatively inexpensive and easily available at the depot. I really do want to try the flexzilla one day. I haven't used it yet been doing roofing on the weekends helping out my Dad so hopefully I'll get to use it this week or weekend.

Anyone used the flexzilla pressure washer hose?

I had one of the Goodyear red hoses for around 20 years and it was still working great. Only reason I don't still have it is due to accidentally leaving it behind when I sold a house.

Ha! Basically the SAME thing happened to me! I had an old red Goodyear hose that I got for free from a former employer. It had a leak but I easily patched it with a brass splice kit, and that hose served me well for many many years. I simply forgot it there when I moved.

But a guy I know swears by that Dap Flex hose. He said they make two versions, one is cheap green hose with plastic fittings and the "pro" version is black with brass fittings. He is the fire sprinkler contractor that services the system at my work, and he has to bring a hose with him to each jobsite. I personally have never used one, and I have read on ton if horrible reviews about them, yet this guy swears by them. I think he mainly likes them because they are so lightweight and easy to carry.

I know this is an old thread, but it has become relevant to me recently. I have had a green no-kink type hose I got from Sears about 10 years ago and I have already replaced the ends on it twice but it has been a great hose. I bought a Craftsman black rubber hose (75' 5/8"dia) and a Strongway (very similar to Eley) 150' hose reel.

46434.jpg

Anyone have an idea of how the Craftsman compares to the Goodyear rubber hose? I like it so far, but I do regret getting the shorter hose (I didn't plan on getting the reel at the time). I will probably get the longer one if I feel like the reel is naked with the 75'.