Customer Service 866.965.0400

Forum rant

Let me start off by saying one of the reasons I like Adams was the relationship and helpfulness I encountered on the forum and lately I've noticed quite a few changes. On new product roll outs it was usually stated what,how and why along with some hype and excitement, now it usually starts with someone linking a pic that was on Instagram along with quite a few replies but no "official" reply. Usually that comes with a sale and a product page but no description and that leaves to questions because there is hype but no official reply. Regarding the foam cannon, that thread went on for 2 days discussing the min gph and members were left on their own to discuss and then a forum member noted the ratings changed.

In the Product,Feedback sub forum there's been a lot of input on new products,product ideas ( an AIO,special edition TID) and issues with new products. Sometimes there's zero input from Adams, sometimes it comes a few days later. Either way IMHO it doesn't look good to newer members. Ironically on other forums that I belong to Adams is a sponsor and questions almost always get answered the same day. Also there are threads that appear weekly such as "Mystery Box for Canadians" that never get answered.

I know I'll probably get flamed but I wanted to get my point across that this forum is different than when I joined. The genuine helpfulness and over all positive membership is still present but the overall feel is different.

From my short time here the majority of the excuses as to why they can't get back to everyone in a timely manner is because their a small company. Or that their short handed due to a big sale blah blah blah. It's ok to be a small company and keep the personal factor there between customer and the seller but it wouldn't hurt to hire some summertime temporary help.

I'm very sorry you're disappointed with the forum lately Brian. I've been trying to keep my personal life private, but it's apparent that my absence here has been noticed, so I will give an explanation.

My father had a massive acute stroke to the right side of his brain. I have essentially been unreachable to anyone other than immediate family, Adam's Team Members, and email for the past 3+ weeks due to this unexpected and very difficult event.

As Adam's begins to grow, especially during these peak summer months, I've been answering phones, emails, and live chat tickets from 730AM to around 7PM EST Monday to Friday nearly nonstop, with an occasional break for lunch or to stretch. The time I have not been doing this, I have been spending the evenings in the hospital, then at my parent's home once my dad was cleared to come home, driving him to doctor's appointments, taking him grocery shopping, and so on. Now that he is starting to improve, I will be back to dedicating more time to the forum.

I'm sorry that you feel that I'm making excuses Chris. Hiring summer-time/temporary help for customer service is not always an easy proposition, as we would need to take more time to train the person on how to use systems, and they must have expert knowledge of our products to answer questions correctly. We recently hired more people onto the shipping team to handle an increased amount of orders, which increases our overhead expenses.  We will be looking into having more help on the forums as well.

While part of my job responsibilities are to oversee the forum with the other volunteer moderators and admins, there simply have not been enough hours in the day to devote the time needed here lately, and I do apologize. We strive to answer all emails as fast as possible. Some days the emails come in faster than we are sending replies out - calls and emails take top priority, because those are the best two ways to reach us about problems, order issues, and so on. We will work on prioritizing the answering of forum questions into the customer communication workload in order to provide the personal feel that the forums provide to our customers. 

With new products, I cannot post answers about a product until I physically have it in my hands. I will not sugarcoat, guess, or make up an answer to a question - I will only answer questions if I have physically tested the product and can give a 100% truthful answer. I will work with Adam and the shipping team to make sure that new products get sent out to me and the other testers in a more efficient manner, so that we can answer questions immediately upon a new product release, and so that we do not have these problems in the future.

For the foam cannon, I received mine this afternoon at 2PM, so I immediately went out and verified that it works well with a 1.3 GPM, 1700 psi electric pressure washer. The specs were then updated accordingly on our site. The original specs were recommended from the manufacturer for best results. I was 98% sure the Foam Cannon would work fine with lower GPM pressure washers, as I have tested other brands no problem, but I was not going to post that until I was 100% sure and physically tested the unit. Again, better planning and earlier testing on my part would have provided an answer more quickly, but my mind was occupied on other things. For new product ideas, input, and issues, again I will make sure I find time to address these as well. All of these things do not sit on my mind lightly, as I do want to provide the best customer experience possible.

For the Mystery Box for Canadians, that is completely up to adamspolishes.ca as to whether they want to take part in those promotions, and it is best to contact them directly. Our Canadian team is even smaller than our U.S. team, and mystery boxes are a lot of logistics to plan, package, and make sure each one is fair before it ships out. I will reiterate to the appropriate people again about this issue and the thread that I forwarded to them. I never posted a response because I did not have a good response to post.

I am sorry that the forum is different than when you joined Brian, and I will strive to make it great once more.

Respectfully,
Daniel Tyger

I've been on this forum for a LONG time. Here's my take:

1:  Things change.

2:  People come and go.

3:  You get out what you put in.

4:  Expecting to have every issue resolved immediately from here is unrealistic.

This has always been and continues to be an amazing resource and collection of like-minded folks.

I'm sorry that you feel that I'm making excuses Chris. Hiring summer-time/temporary help for customer service is not always an easy proposition, as we would need to take more time to train the person on how to use systems, and they must have expert knowledge of our products to answer questions correctly. We recently hired more people onto the shipping team to handle an increased amount of orders, which increases our overhead expenses.  We will be looking into having more help on the forums as well.

My response wasn't directed to you specifically Dan and I apologize if you felt that way.  You are not the only moderator on these forums and were not the one that I said was making excuses.  Everyone get's busy....but if Adam as a small business isn't willing to grow your staff as your customer base grows than that's just bad business....you're going to have a period where new employees aren't going to know EXACTLY what the veteran Adams people know.....the issue is having the patience to train them.

Chris keep in mind there is a difference in Adams staff and moderators

The moderators have responsibilities in maintaining the day to day order on the actual forum but in a lot of situations they cant speak for the company as they dont have access to that info and its not their position to do so. Reviews, store, etc.

Took me a while to figure this out as well.

Hey Dan,

sorry to hear about the personal situation and hoping all the best for you and your family, my mom had a stroke a couple years back and she was fortunately able to make a full recovery with lots of prayer and support, hope your dad will be able to do so as well.  

I am actually a new member and have not had any issues with my questions being answered way quicker than I expected.  Granted I am asking things that most of you have already tried so all of the experienced forum members can answer my questions and are very willing to do so.

However, I do believe that expecting an immediate response is a bit over the top. I know technology becomes faster and thus makes things happen faster for us, but let us never forget that if there is a person behind the technology they more than likely have a personal life and life is unpredictable, so we need not place them side by side with the technology they use to communicate with us and expect the same level of emotionless and predictable responsiveness. 

Just my humble personal opinion on this, although I do agree that when a company begins to grow the internal staff needs to grow with it in order to be successful and keep up with demand. 

Cheers guys, and a very happy Wednesday to all! 

1:  Things change.

This.

I'm relatively new and I kind of see what is meant in terms of new things being shared first elsewhere before this forum.

However, the times are changing. Web browsers are on mobile phones, yes, but it's far easier to instantaneously share a photo on snapchat or instagram to tease a new product than it is to upload and then create a thread about it. Therefore, products can be teased faster, and outpace the typical timeline for an online post and discussion from the Adam's team. Don't resist the change, embrace it! Improving is impossible without change.

My response wasn't directed to you specifically Dan and I apologize if you felt that way.  You are not the only moderator on these forums and were not the one that I said was making excuses.  Everyone get's busy....but if Adam as a small business isn't willing to grow your staff as your customer base grows than that's just bad business....you're going to have a period where new employees aren't going to know EXACTLY what the veteran Adams people know.....the issue is having the patience to train them.

In response, no Dan isn't the only moderator on here. But we don't all have access to the inner workings, or use of products before  you all do.  I don't have a foam cannon, or a Flex, or Rupes, etc. so I can't reply to questions about those products. Sometimes I get new products to test before they're released, but most times not. And as far as knowing about Mystery boxes to Canada.........that's inner workings and I have NO knowledge there at all.  I can only reply to products that I've used.  And basically my job as a moderator on here is just peacekeeping and helping where I can.  I just want to clarify that.  We are not all equal. But I agree, Dan could use more help.  :2thumbs:  

Dan, I sorry to hear about your dad as mine just passed away 3 weeks ago. I feel bad that you had to disclose such a private matter on here and I wasn't lookin for an explanation I just wanted the Team to know what I've noticed. I was no way signaling anyone out and I'm glad you gave a heart felt professional response. Thanks

So sorry to hear of the issue you and your family have been dealing with Dan, my best to you all.

If there is anything I can do to be of assistance around here feel free to ask. I will help in anyway I can.

Bill

It's easy to forget that this forum is an absolute luxury. It goes far above and beyond what just about any other detailing company offers. Where else can you get replies from the man himself? There are a few, but they are in the vast minority. Now I will say, it seems like Adam is not on here as much as he used to be which is kind of a shame but I would hope he is spending his time elsewhere... you know, like making sure all the employees can get paid, developing new products, working with other manufacturers, generally guiding the company into the future through a shared vision. All that "bossy" kind of stuff that makes the company tick.  

To me, Adam's Polishes is a company all about easy to use products that produce exceptional results while offering fantastic customer service and the industry's best guarantee (which I've not used once in 12 years). The forum is secondary and should be treated as such. Just my opinion  :)

Also, Dan, I've not spoken with you personally that I can recall but I am very sorry about what has happened. Thoughts and prayers for a full and speedy recovery. 

Edited by Gizmo

Dan, I know where your coming from to a point. Been a forum owner, admin, mod, and helper before. Its tough when you get used to doing things and life takes a priority. You want to give your all everywhere but you just cant so the non family things slide. Rightfully so as well, however its tough when sometimes those that are looking for you dont know that you are having some personal issues that are just taking all your time away. 

I think you do a fine job here and have brought a lot to the table. I do understand where the OP is coming from thou, I remember that in general the Adams team used to hype things a lot more than they have been in recent months. I dont blame you for that but the entirety of Adams, and if they wanted to change thats great and fine, the products really sell themselves and truly are some of the best on the market. 

To that end I think that there are some cool ideas in the forums but they are ideas from a few, and understandably Adams cannot take them all on and try them out. It would be great thou if maybe someone on the staff would acknowledge the posting and also bring back an answer to the idea be it yes no or maybe so that we can all feel closure on the issue. 

Again Adams is great and the customer service is second to none in the industry, dont let that go and keep up the great work all around, just seems that to make some things great and make all the appearances that have been made lately things had to be sacrificed and this forum seems to be one of the things that got slid to the back burner for a bit. 

I have noticed things have been a different as of late myself mainly because I have not been blessed with the answers Dan typically gives us. I hope the good lord helps his father recover in a speedy manner. I think we all are spoiled at the level of service we get here from Dan and others. Sometimes we need to remember adams has a business to run not a forum to make sure every moment is maintained. I agree i like knowing about sales and such before the masses but either way we can still get what we want eventually. As far as the dvk making a difference, he was a large asset and that does not come by everyday in a new hire so we will have to be patient until others can step into some of his roles. I'd love to see Dan in the ask the doc style videos but I know this isn't possible due to his location and he already has more than enough of a workload. I am hoping they bring back the video series in some capacity however.

We as Mods, and Team members don't always see every thread, we try but occasionally one slips by.

If anyone has a question Please don't hesitate to send one of us a PM and speaking for myself if I don't have the answer I will get it for you. Thanks for all of your patience and your help in making this the BEST car care forum on the net!