Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams needs better holiday discounts!!

hemi1300

Question

Not bashing adams at all, have been using them for years with no complaints, but would like to see a better holiday discount sale every so often. Was gonna place a black Friday order for the typical 15% off but figured I will wait for cyber Monday, in hopes of a better sale. Nope 15% sale. Would be nice to see at least a 20% sale every now and again.

I love my Adam's collection as the next armature garage detailer, but yes I too was put off by a 15% sale.  Many automotive forums supply a 10% code any time of year on most products.  I could use a few gallon refills and would like to try some of the newer products but the 15% off in a current world of other retail priorities I kept the plastic in the wallet.

I'm glad the OP started the thread because I thought about creating one as well. 

You realize that the move to smaller bottles was actually to save us (the weekend warrior) money, right? I can't use a whole 16 oz bottle of correcting polish, I only have 3 cars of my own to maintain as well as a few family members. I still have leftover product (polishes) from when I first started with Adam's 5 years ago. The new stuff is better and takes me less time to use. Had I only bought 8 ounce bottles back then, I would have used all of the product. Throwing product out because it is old/less effective is expensive.

Well, to be fair the price per oz was not adjusted accordingly when they moved to 8 oz bottles. That $30 16 oz bottle is now a $20 8 oz bottle, and that's the point the poster is making when stating Adams is "extracting more money from its loyal customers". You are paying more for less product, regardless of how you justify it.

Well, to be fair the price per oz was not adjusted accordingly when they moved to 8 oz bottles. That $30 16 oz bottle is now a $20 8 oz bottle, and that's the point the poster is making when stating Adams is "extracting more money from its loyal customers". You are paying more for less product, regardless of how you justify it.

Thats with everything anymore.  An example off the top of my head is sheetrock mud in the bucket.  The buckets used to be 5 gallons for X price.  Now they are 3.5 or 4 gallon buckets for more money.  

To the OP.

Have you tried looking to see if theres a dealer in your area?

Most dealers like my self honor "MOST" of the sales. I do mine a lil different though. Check out the dealer locater, could save you on shipping cost alone... 

I mentioned this a couple weeks ago on a facebook post. Adam's is trying to be as fair as possible with the sales and dealers. Anything over 25% would hurt the dealers. 20% is pushing it and while the retail may not have to pay shipping from time to time we still have to and it can be 20-200 dollars. 

To the OP.

Have you tried looking to see if theres a dealer in your area?

Most dealers like my self honor "MOST" of the sales. I do mine a lil different though. Check out the dealer locater, could save you on shipping cost alone...

I mentioned this a couple weeks ago on a facebook post. Adam's is trying to be as fair as possible with the sales and dealers. Anything over 25% would hurt the dealers. 20% is pushing it and while the retail may not have to pay shipping from time to time we still have to and it can be 20-200 dollars.

No, haven't checked my area for dealers carrying adams products. Will look into it

People complaining about the % of the discounts of car wax. First world problems. I'd pay full price to use the products and support the company. Thanks for the discounts you do offer, as well as the fast shipping, world class customer service, website, forum, etc.

Some of you need to get a grip.

Not bashing adams at all, have been using them for years with no complaints, but would like to see a better holiday discount sale every so often. Was gonna place a black Friday order for the typical 15% off but figured I will wait for cyber Monday, in hopes of a better sale. Nope 15% sale. Would be nice to see at least a 20% sale every now and again.

With a thread title "Adams needs better holiday discounts!!", exclamation points usually imply being excited or angry/upset about something, and then essentially saying 'I'm not bashing...but...' you are probably in fact bashing, which is completely fine, and we appreciate and value the feedback, but I wanted you to be aware of it ;) I have passed along this feedback to those that make these decisions in the company.

Something along this line, I'd love to see a Swirl Killer Jr. Something along the lines of the Rupes LHR75E#120/H6/US/STD Random Orbital Polisher. I don't have the $299.00, so I'll have to ask Santa. (I've been good this year!  :P )  Never mind....I think I've found an alternative. (See the attachment) That I can afford. I'll see how this will work for my hard to reach areas and small polishing jobs.

As for pricing, yea Adam's is a little higher in price compared to the competition. Adam's and CG both buy for the same chemical supplier Warner Chemical and tweek their products to meet their standards.What makes the difference for me is the Customer Service. For the couple of times I had issues, Adam's Customer Service went over backwards to help remedy the situation. That alone in my book is work and extra buck or two. I will continue to go with Adam's for 99.5% of my detailing needs. There are some products on the market from other manufacturers that I prefer over Adams. 

Well this is very interesting to me..........

Don't believe everything you read on the internet ;)

Where there's smoke there is fire.  He isn't the first to mention it.  Let's be honest - Adam's doesn't make all their chemicals in house.

It always surprises me when internet rumors are stated as fact. Please reference this post from Dylan all the way back in 2010:

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/7764-simple-is-adams-a-relabeled-chemical-guys-no/?p=101269

I gotta say, I'd never even think about complaining about the prices paid for these products.  This industry is funded by discretionary spending.  There is not 1 of us that actually NEED these products.....we all just want them.  If this was about the price of bread or the funding to teach my kids at school then I would find the need to assert my opinion.  Everything I get from here is all just for "fun".  

I realize there are ways to rationalize this into a need of some sort, but all in all this is just a hobby (even though some of us make a living off of this hobby).

Thank you Adam's for all that you do!  

I gotta say, I'd never even think about complaining about the prices paid for these products. This industry is funded by discretionary spending. There is not 1 of us that actually NEED these products.....we all just want them. If this was about the price of bread or the funding to teach my kids at school then I would find the need to assert my opinion. Everything I get from here is all just for "fun".

I realize there are ways to rationalize this into a need of some sort, but all in all this is just a hobby (even though some of us make a living off of this hobby).

Thank you Adam's for all that you do!

Let me get this straight, u said none of us forum members "need" our adams products? Bad choice of words my friend!

I'm not trying to stir the pot on anything. I started with Adams products about 2 years ago and that's the only big boy chemicals I've used. I have been thinking about looking at other options but I like the info and service that is provided. Are there a couple of Adams products I won't use, yes, but those are my opinions.

Let's not beat a dead horse on this anymore

Unfortunately the nearest dealer to you in Ohio is 3 and a half hours away in Tallmadge. But Danville Indiana is only 2 hours away. So that may be an option for a day trip.

http://adamspolishes.com/dealers

I actually get people who drive in from dallas, alpine, houston, the valley, and mexico. Mainly cause they want the stuff that very moment.