Customer Service 866.965.0400

Show off your Detailing products Organization Setups!

LSX Maestro

Question

Trying to get some ideas for my detailing collection of towels, bottles, gallons, polishers etc. to keep them organized and clean. I have a large garage but not much room to dedicate to storage. 

Not sure if putting everything in rubber tubs is for me although that would be pretty cost effective. 

Anyways, let’s see your detailing setup!

22 answers to this question

I keep my towels inside until I need to use them. Then grab a handful, throw in a empty clothes basket and tote it out to my detail. Then as they get dirty I just throw them in the clothes basket as I go haha. I know pretty simple. Products are stored inside since I live in the Midwest and it’s about to start getting below freezing (not climate controlled garage). Well I don’t think I helped you but mine are organized on a basic wire shelf from Home Depot. 

I use the Husky tool chests from home depot like those in shane@detailedreflectionspost.  Looks very similar in that I put all the 'liquid' items laying flat in a large drawer.  The 'paste' items I keep in the house as the garage isn't climate controlled and I'm in Texas.

It's all in that cabinet on the right.. with gallon jugs in the large drawers at the bottom.  Otherwise looks like Shane's post above.

5a296f8fd636c_2017-05-2904_05_14.thumb.jpg.d6df09db87fc491978ace0c3eb4ae36e.jpg

On 12/7/2017 at 2:38 PM, shane@detailedreflections said:

Just put up a new bottle rack for sprays. Easier than going through the drawer I think.

Simple and only cost $10. 

D841CC00-6A38-4751-B598-5175D70A6D00.thumb.jpeg.5296a184a706c2ec0ad2b3b7be9509a3.jpeg

UGH- gross!  C'mon on now.  At least align all the sprayers the same on all the bottles...preferably with the trigger opposite the label so you can see what's what when they're hanging like that.  I'd never let someone touch my car that has such poor attention to detail!  J/k.  Well, kind of...lol

I recently went to "The Container Store" in town and picked up a few locking weather tight bins to store and organize my towels, etc. The larger ones are 19 quarts and the smaller ones are around 9 quarts.  I posted the link below for anyone interested. 

Over the Winter, I'll add an Adams sticker to each bin along with P-Touch or Avery labels to help identify the contents. Eventually they'll be stored on a yet-to-be-purchased shelf unit in the garage. I'll probably also pick up (2) more of the smaller bins to store my MF applicators and the rest of my foam applicators. 

Consider it a work in progress.

https://www.containerstore.com/s/garage/storage-bags-boxes/clear-weathertight-totes/12d?productId=10026213

DSC_0840.thumb.JPG.f42be964bb0e01cda261c0866cfd765b.JPG