Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leather Seats - Help needed please

FredfromFrance

Question

I have seen a car I don't know what to do about : the owner has been keen to let someone use his 2008 BMW X6M 50i Exclusive
The guy put tires on leather seats !!! You can read Michelin on those leathers! And the owner did not noticed it before weeks because he does not use the car quite often.
So, I have tried to help him, using Adam's foaming leather, boar brush and even the deep clean eraser without any luck. The leather is quite dry, must not have used conditioner for ages on thoses.

Do you have any idea? I'm not sure about using steam on this kind of leather... He is afraid he has to change his leather seats (and doors).

Thanks, 

FredIMG_20181220_110701.thumb.jpg.15110ddd39efc6f547b3cfab2e7df2ef.jpgIMG_20181220_110707.thumb.jpg.34ae342071d14a1b9dad24b45a5b99cf.jpgIMG_20181220_110704.thumb.jpg.f873dc651603f301ffd86ba841bc6701.jpgIMG_20181220_110744.thumb.jpg.b8ceb2b364ba1c99b65dad04600cf869.jpgIMG_20181220_110742.thumb.jpg.a9aef4ba6b46e098a82e71afe5b7e8f6.jpg

IMG_20181220_110713.jpg

IMG_20181220_110738.jpg

11 answers to this question

Wow, that sucks! I really don't know what to offer, but I'll tag @shane@detailedreflections, @mc2hill, @TheWolf@Rich, @Dan@Adams and @Chris@Adams who may have some inputs. Maybe a steam cleaner will help, but having just gotten mine and not used it, I can't say for sure it'll work. Guys above and likely others will probably have some valuable inputs. Good luck!

Edited by falcaineer

Some APC should make headway on that. Steam would help it along because heat is helpful in mobilizing stains. 

You may even try diluting down some tar-x and rubbing gently with a microfiber to remove it. I would start diluted and I would test a spot first where it’s not easily seen. 

The only close to a tire on a seat that I have had to deal with was a slide mark from a construction workers boots.  I used diluted APC and went it over it multiple time and the used a leather conditioner.  I will note that it was before I had switched to Adam's, so I cannot say how it will compare to Adam's products or if the sole of shoe is close to what a tire would do, but it seems similar. 

I would try cleaning it the best you can with Eco All Purpose Cleaner, and then wipe with a water-damped cloth to remove the cleaner.  Then load it up with Leather Conditioner, applying multiple, heavy coats, and let it soak in, to try and work the stain to the surface.  Then try cleaning it again after a few days, repeating the above.  If you see an improvement after the second cleaning, repeat the clean/condition process every few days to try and work the stain out.

I use a highly concentrated APC for interiors such as that one. 

I dilute it 10:1 for interior work and use a spritz of a 6:1 dilution for heavier staining if the 10:1 didn't cut it. 

You can also use a magic eraser ever so lightly to remove those marks. 

Dumb stuff here. But It might come out. Use Hot water and All Purpose cleaner 5 to 1 mix. Use a bit stiffer brush but not to stuff where you damage the seats which might be the case here.

Once you clean off the black rubber marks let them air dry for a day then condition them.