Customer Service 866.965.0400

H2O Guard & Gloss | FAQ's | Discussion

Team Adam's

Question

Adam's H2O Guard & Gloss | Water Activated Exterior Sealant

Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss delivers lasting protection and unmatched gloss in a unique water-activated formula that is fast and easy to apply. The incredibly effective blend of acrylic resins and water activated nano-polymers leaves your paint slick and protected without the extra effort and hassle of traditionally applied sealants or waxes. The optical grade polymers won't stain exterior trim, and even leave rubber and plastic looking darker and protected from the elements.

Application couldn't be more simple - apply by misting over a wet vehicle and spreading with a premium plush microfiber towel or go for the dry application, using a pre-moistened microfiber towel to apply protection and shine. Regardless of the method you choose you'll agree that Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss is the easist, fastest, and most effective way to seal your paint that you've ever used.

Once you experience Adam's H20 Guard & Gloss you'll never want to go back to applying protection any other way.

FAQ's

Q: How does this compare to Detail Spray for drying?

A: DS does not offer tons of protection, and its simply spray and wipe while drying. HGG requires you to spread it over the area then buff off the excess, but it does provide months of protection.

Q: Is this a replacement for Liquid Paint Sealant?

A: No. This can be used as a booster for LPS or you can use it as your only protection.

Q: Do you have to use the wet towel?
A: Yes. The water activated nature of the product requires water for application, without it the product will not work properly so apply to a wet vehicle or use a damp towel.

Q: How long does it last?

A: Its impossible to give a one size fits all answer for every individual since circumstances will cause products to wear differently, but about 2 months would be average longevity per application.

Q: Can I use this every wash?
A: You can if you prefer, though it may not need to be applied that often. Use your best judgement.

Q: Can this be used on a vinyl wrap?
A: Yes. Gloss wraps can be treated with HGG. Matte wraps can be as well, but the application can be a little more difficult to get right.

Q: Can I use this over my existing wax?
A: Yes. HGG will layer over wax, but you may see slightly less longevity.

Q: Can I top HGG with a wax afterwards?
A: Absolutely. It behaves like a traditional sealant once its applied.

Nope...it sounds good. :) Rinsing the loose grim before washing and rinsing off Rinseless before doing a wet H2O application makes good sense to me. (BTW, H2O doesn't play well with LIQUID Rinseless. Once the Rinseless is dried-off or rinsed-off H2O is fine.) 

3. Rinseless Wash followed by a quick hose rinse off

4. Apply HGG while car is still wet to all exterior surfaces (except tires)

5. Dry

A suggestion:  

• leave the panel wet from the Rinseless washing, and spray the HGG over it
  • Spread the HGG over the panel with a damp towel (I soak it in the Rinseless wash bucket, then wring out some of the water). 
  • Dry the panel

This would save a step or two.

So you apply water before using WW...and rinse after using RW?! :blink:

It's awesome you found something that works, but its seems like two too many steps! 

yes.  doesn't take any time at all.  the first rinse before WW ensures that any larger debris gets a chance to be first rinsed off without touching the paint with any media that could induce swirls.

The very quick after rinse puts some extra water on there to help activate the HGG

Really these two steps should add 5 or 10 mins to the entire process.

I just tried the GG on our black 4runner for the first time, it was just rookie error but I wound up with a crazy amount of streaking after finishing the car. I first tried detail spray to eliminate the streaking, that didn't work at all! But it was very cool to see the detail spray completely bead off of the surface as I sprayed it!

However, I decided to try a small area and see how the brilliant glaze would do with the streaking.. the brilliant glaze completely eliminated the streaking I had from the GG, despite the streaking being user error. A coating of BG and the car looks fantastic! 

I just need to figure out the right ratio of water to spray to towel! 

I just posted the other day on another GnG thread. I have a black tahoe, i use 1 spray per panel. I think 3-4 for the hood, half sprays on side windows. Etc.... use this very sparingly. It is an absolutely outstanding awesome product!!! I have done my tahoe 3 times and the glass shower doors once, and still have more than 3/4 of a bottle.

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/33294-h2o-guard-gloss/

Edited by Nickfire20

I just posted the other day on another GnG thread. I have a black tahoe, i use 1 spray per panel. I think 3-4 for the hood, half sprays on side windows. Etc.... use this very sparingly. It is an absolutely outstanding awesome product!!! I have done my tahoe 3 times and the glass shower doors once, and still have more than 3/4 of a bottle.

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/33294-h2o-guard-gloss/

Michael's tip for a premium sprayer / dilution bottle helped me use far less product. http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/31961-correct-amount-of-h20-gg/?p=498711 I use the dry method of application.

I am actually getting ready to use G&G for the first time tomorrow so these posts are very timely - thanks for the tips!

My favorite newer product, I have found if you brush off most of the water with a micro fiber, and then apply with the same towel after wringing out ,followed by a great white delivers awesome results. then wipe your wheels with just the towel without spraying product on the wheels drys them right up and shines nice. LOVE this stuff.

My favorite newer product, I have found if you brush off most of the water with a micro fiber, and then apply with the same towel after wringing out ,followed by a great white delivers awesome results. then wipe your wheels with just the towel without spraying product on the wheels drys them right up and shines nice. LOVE this stuff.

I'm going to try that next time - brushing off most of the water with a MF prior to spraying on the G&G.  I used G&G for the first time today and found that I needed to wring out my application towel several times (which just wastes product) because I had too much standing water on my vehicle.  Your way makes a lot of sense. 

With that being said, G&G is awesome!  After I applied it and then went over it with my dry towel, my paint seriously feels like glass.  And the shine is great - even on a light color like silver.  I live in an apt. complex and we have a car wash area - which is nice because, even though it's not a covered area, at least I have access to a hose hookup.  Anyway, as I was finishing up and applying Tire Shine, a guy was walking through the parking lot and he commented on how nice my car looked.  I pointed to all of my Adam's supplies on the curb and told him that's why.  :)

I tried to get a good picture but either my cell phone camera isn't very good or silver cars just make it difficult to capture the shine you see with your eyes in a photo.  But anyway, it looks really nice in person - I'm definitely happy with the results. 

post-15925-0-58576400-1501956065_thumb.jpg

I'm going to try that next time - brushing off most of the water with a MF prior to spraying on the G&G. I used G&G for the first time today and found that I needed to wring out my application towel several times (which just wastes product) because I had too much standing water on my vehicle. Your way makes a lot of sense.

With that being said, G&G is awesome! After I applied it and then went over it with my dry towel, my paint seriously feels like glass. And the shine is great - even on a light color like silver. I live in an apt. complex and we have a car wash area - which is nice because, even though it's not a covered area, at least I have access to a hose hookup. Anyway, as I was finishing up and applying Tire Shine, a guy was walking through the parking lot and he commented on how nice my car looked. I pointed to all of my Adam's supplies on the curb and told him that's why. :)

I tried to get a good picture but either my cell phone camera isn't very good or silver cars just make it difficult to capture the shine you see with your eyes in a photo. But anyway, it looks really nice in person - I'm definitely happy with the results.

You can (should?!) also try a pool/sheet rinse with the hose (no nozel, run steady stream slowly over the car...uses surface tension to gather the remaining water and rinse off like a sheet, leaving much smaller and less drops behind). Works awesome, getting rid of a lot of the standing water and making any drying towel last way longer. You won't have to ring out the HGG "wet" towel as often, either. Edited by falcaineer

You can (should?!) also try a pool/sheet rinse with the hose (no nozel, run steady stream slowly over the car...uses surface tension to gather the remaining water and rinse off like a sheet, leaving much smaller and less drops behind). Works awesome, getting rid of a lot of the standing water and making any drying towel last way longer. You won't have to ring out the HGG "wet" towel as often, either.

Thanks, Chris - I'll try this next time.  I appreciate the explanation of pool/sheet rinsing. I've seen others mention it as a way to reduce the amount of standing water on their cars but I wouldn't have known to remove the nozzle from the hose.  :)  Appreciate it!

Thanks, Chris - I'll try this next time. I appreciate the explanation of pool/sheet rinsing. I've seen others mention it as a way to reduce the amount of standing water on their cars but I wouldn't have known to remove the nozzle from the hose. :) Appreciate it!

You bet. No nozel works best...the metal end of the Adams red model can scratch...ask me how I know :wacko:. One way to control the flow is to kink the hose with one hand, and control the end with the other. Basically, don't run it full power. You dont want to splatter water.

Edited by falcaineer

You can (should?!) also try a pool/sheet rinse with the hose (no nozel, run steady stream slowly over the car...uses surface tension to gather the remaining water and rinse off like a sheet, leaving much smaller and less drops behind). Works awesome, getting rid of a lot of the standing water and making any drying towel last way longer. You won't have to ring out the HGG "wet" towel as often, either.

So, after applying GG rinse the car again with a slow flow of water?

Ricky Bobby

So with that said I wash my car once a week so is it ok to use guard and gloss after each washing?

Thanks

You can use it after every wash, but if you are washing ever week or so, that is excessive.  The protection should last a couple of months.