Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Sealant

LukeZimTDI

Question

18 answers to this question

1 hour ago, LukeZimTDI said:

So I got the Glass Sealant in my MB, what is it supposed to be applied with?

You can use a microfiber applicator or the small applicator like they use with the ceramic coating kits. Either one will work, but I would throw it in some APC solution after using so you don’t get any crystallization on the applicator. 

I always use the Microfiber applicator.  But I keep one just for Glass Sealant.  Make sure to get the window good and clean before you seal it.  Also for some reason, I feel like I get the window clean, and about 2 hours later I notice a spot with alittle haze.  So I usually try to clean it the next do to.

If you did not get any of the Glass Boost, it does make the Glass Sealant last longer.  I also use the Glass Boost on the outside mirrors after I clean then with Glass Cleaner.  I have found that using the Glass Boost on the mirrors cuts down on the headlight reflections at night and any overnight dew rolls off them easier.

On 7/18/2018 at 6:20 AM, RayS said:

If you did not get any of the Glass Boost, it does make the Glass Sealant last longer.  I also use the Glass Boost on the outside mirrors after I clean then with Glass Cleaner.  I have found that using the Glass Boost on the mirrors cuts down on the headlight reflections at night and any overnight dew rolls off them easier.

I'll have to try that thanks!

Just applied some fresh glass sealant last night, in time for it to rain, but got a great shot this morning from it. Love me some glass sealant! 

One thing is make sure the glass is CLEAN before applying it really helps, I quite often will use #0000 steel wool on my glass before application to ensure I get it spotless. 

Window Beading.jpg

1 hour ago, rrmccabe said:

Is that boost too or just sealant?

Just a fresh coat of sealant. I used #0000 steel wool and then cleaned good with glass cleaner prior to application. Applied with a great microfiber applicator vertical, horizontal, vertical again, let set for 3-4min ish and then buffed off with a blue glass towel that was lightly misted with glass cleaner. 

I dont have any Glass Boost at the moment, hoping to get some in 1 of the 8 mystery boxes on the way. A couple days ago I cleaned the windshield with GC then sealed with GS using a microfiber applicator pad. I took a spray bottle with just water in it and sprayed water on the windshield about an hour later and used H20 G&G to give it a little extra protection. Water runs like Usain Bolt off the windshield now. The GS is more than enough but hey, why not throw some more at it right?   I clayed all the windows and polished them using my SK 12mm MIni 2 months ago and that made a huge difference with the GS curing to the window and lasting longer.

Edited by Eric Leicht

3 hours ago, pirahnah3 said:

@wely324 want a really quick and easy one.....try them with Brilliant Glaze. Doesnt last long but you get a great clean look and it beads like mad for....about the drive home lol. 

Yup, I tried and loved it, I love brilliant glaze on almost anything but plastic. Just wish it lasted longer, regardless the shine is worth it. 

I use the Brilliant Glaze on the inside of my windows, Glass Sealant and boost on the outside. I very seldom have to use my wipers.  Only bad thing is I have water sensitive wipers that come on automatically, other wise, I probably wouldn't have to use the wipers at all!! 

4 hours ago, DF24 said:

Has any one attempted to apply Adam’s liquid paint sealant on glass and see if it works?

Yea,  it works fine.  Not sure how long it held up, couple months maybe,  it was my parents car, and I was wizzing through it.

I normally use glass sealant, boost, and GnG.

DS works fine at maintaining hydrophobic properties as well.

1 hour ago, Nickfire20 said:

Yea,  it works fine.  Not sure how long it held up, couple months maybe,  it was my parents car, and I was wizzing through it.

I normally use glass sealant, boost, and GnG.

DS works fine at maintaining hydrophobic properties as well.

Awesome thanks