Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

The new SS came with all boxes checked and only two pedals for me to enjoy. The only options are full size spare and sunroof, got 'em both. The dealer respected my wishes and did nothing to the vehicle but take out transport blocks on the front springs. I just could not pass up the 20% off GM is offering on the SS until March 13.

After I got home and grabbed a quick bite I rinseless washed it after presoaking then rinsing it twice using my pressure washer. I then gently dried her off and set to claying the vehicle. I used Adams clay and Detail Spray. The paint was in remarkable condition but will get corrected come spring. For now it got a coat of Quick Sealant on the paint and a competitors glass coating on all windows. Tomorrow the wheels are getting pulled off, cleaned, coated and remounted. This week I will also get a set of winter tires and wheels for her.

Thank you all for the comments and questions. Now for an adult beverage and some rest.

I went to school. Washed my car with Adams and now I am a dumb school event...

My black boxer Elvis!

I Wash N Wax, ceramic boosted wife's car.

Wash N Wax,Truck and Tire and Rubber cleaned Truck tires and wheels.

post-14986-0-66269600-1488698386_thumb.jpeg

Did the last brake fluid flush on my vehicles.  This one was a pig and took about 80 ounces for a complete flush.  The worst part was I couldn't suck the old fluid out of the reservoir and fill with fresh to start the process.  Had to suck it all out thru the right rear.  The others wheels went much faster.  Everything will get a bath tomorrow.  C'mon Spring.

post-706-0-13862500-1489291528_thumb.jpg

Get one.  Dig a trench from your gas meter to your garage, have a plumber run a gas line and hook up a heater.  

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/category_heaters-stoves-fireplaces+natural-gas-heaters+natural-gas-garage-heaters

No gas in my house.  And the garage is block and detached, so it would cost an arm, leg, and my firstborn to heat it. 

No gas in my house.  And the garage is block and detached, so it would cost an arm, leg, and my firstborn to heat it. 

I knew it was detached.  Electric heat would be even easier to install, IMO.  Although your right about cost if you had it heated constantly.  But for those times you want to go out there and play, it may be worth it.  If I lived closer, I would help you insulate it.  

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/category_heaters-stoves-fireplaces+electric-heaters+electric-garage-industrial-heaters

Edited by LFairbanks

I have plenty of gas in my house I just wish I would know how to bottle it!

There's no lack of that kind of gas in my house either Joe. :lolsmack:   If we could just figure out how to make it fuel our rides!!   :burnout:

I believe I've finished all my winter Mods...

Front Sub Frame Dropped to allow access to the oil pan and a Fel-Pro Gasket was put in place to stop a pesky oil leak between the block and oil pan. GM Service Manual states motor needed pulled, Ha!

IMG_0849resize_zpsbfjdnu4k.jpg

IMG_0850resize_zpsbozq9ane.jpg

New Axles and Inner Axle Stubs installed to stop the obnoxious wheel hop on hard launches.

IMG_1087_zpsyxsvxckl.jpg

IMG_1104_zpsdqzmzdim.jpg

Seemed to work through the first two gears  :P

IMG_0865resize_zpscgzwk0sh.jpg

Alright, so that pic was late last fall after the oil pan gasket was replaced, but it was too good not to share!

Replaced the leaking Radiator.

IMG_1171_zps4d3ikiqa.jpg

IMG_1174_zpsjivvx45m.jpg

Too bad you can't see this gem.

IMG_1183_zpsss3jqhee.jpg

I've replaced my secondary Catch Can (original one can be seen in the first pic above) with one of the same brand and satin finish as the other one in the engine bay. A second catch can just seemed like a good idea after I replaced the valve covers last year. The covers had no baffles in them like the stock ones did. Eventually oil would be making its way out the vent to the Intake Manifold through the throttle body lowering the octane of the fuel mix. Plus it makes a mess inside the Intake Manifold.

IMG_1186_zps2c7k4div.jpg

Lastly, I've ordered a new Hood Insulator to replace the stock OEM one on the car. The last Cold Air Intake I had on cut through it some, and the one I have on now was rubbing it a bit with the OEM radiator. The local GM dealer who used to sell Pontiac's said they found one in Michigan, and having it shipped to them. If, in fact, they do have it, I should be able to pick it up next week.

To make sure this Insulator doesn't tear or rub through again I've raised the front of the hood some, as well as lowered the Cold Case radiator on the lower core support, and made some slight body modifications to the upper core support with a block of wood and a BFH.

The spots the paint's missing are now lower and no longer hit the bottom of the CAI allowing it to sit as low as possible...

IMG_1164_zpsgozpba2c.jpg

IMG_1163_zps6d41eyej.jpg

Edited by BRZN