Customer Service 866.965.0400

What did you do today?

3PedalMINI

I went out to lunch today and guess where I ate:

bucket002.jpg

It will be my rinse bucket once the pickle smell goes away!

I hate you :jester: I got to go somewhere that has a Firehouse. The nearest one is 73 miles away from me.

well, before i posted this i wanted to make sure it was finalized. Sooo I got a message from a friend in the industry (kindof) that works on 5-35 million dollar yacht's installing Audio Video/Navigation/Bridge Controls. They layed off alot of people 2 years ago and are just now ramping production up from 55yacht's a year to 70 per year and are in desperate need for guys that have experience in the AV industry. He shot me a message asking if i would possibly be interested in working with them, of course this means I would have to essentially put my business on hold while working for them....

Yesterday i met with the boss/HR manager to discuss pay and to show me around the plant. I instantly fell in love with the yacht's and all the electronics that are involved in making them function. We discussed pay and initially it will be a pay cut but once my three month trial period is over they would close to triple my pay (assuming im not screwing up and costing them money as each mistake generally costs the company 7-15k to remedy it). Being in the business I know what newbies can do so I willingly accepted the offer. I will be down in florida once a month on company pay to service electronics, California 4 times a year and once or twice a year my department will get flown out to yacht's around the world where the electronics system malfunctions.

I told them after about 5 years worth of building my business its going to be hard to just place this on hold, and they agreed and asked if Ide be willing to accept fridays off. It works because that way i can really focus on nailing down the jobs i want rather then taking anything so i can pay the bills.

Its an amazing opportunity thats just too hard to pass up right now and after a year of marine electronics on the job training they will nearly quadruple my salary. I start monday training and will be in training for the entire month working side by side each interior department to understand exactly how the yacht's are put together and where there are generally open areas to be able to fish wire's.

I am very excited and fortunate to be able to take this opportunity, its really by the grace of God this happened:thumbsup:.

Congrats on the job!

thank you!

The only down side to this is doing the hour commute each way, its going to be near impossible to keep the vehicles clean:( especially all the bugs:willy:

Im going to have to get there a half hour early each day and waterless wash her:lolsmack:

Today is my daughter's 2nd birthday so we took her to the zoo. Her favorite animals to see were the peac0cks and chameleons. She really wanted to see the chameleons because she likes the book The Mixed-up Chameleon. You parents with young kids know that book. Tonight were taking her to Red Robin for dinner. Then the birthday party tomorrow.

Today is my daughter's 2nd birthday so we took her to the zoo. Her favorite animals to see were the peac0cks and chameleons. She really wanted to see the chameleons because she likes the book The Mixed-up Chameleon. You parents with young kids know that book. Tonight were taking her to Red Robin for dinner. Then the birthday party tomorrow.

Reddddddd Robin, YUMMM!

the wife and I drove down the shore when she got out of work (summer Fridays) and meet her cousin's new baby..

post-1776-136818046255_thumb.jpg

Fixed my sequential tail lights! For some reason it burnt out all 3 of the bulbs in 1 side and I had to replace them. Odd that they were all working fine before I put the sequentials in, but whatever.

went to wash my truck, got it done, but then it started raining i am so mad:explode:

i got everything done wash wise(wheels/tires/fenderswells,underhood, truck, bug guts) but i wasnt able to do a full detail with just buttery/UCS/VRT/in&out/glass cleaner like i wanted to. heck i couldnt even dry it off with a towel and DS. either next weekend or the week after though ill be doing a paint correction with the PC and a full show detail for the syracuse ny king of trucks show.

Worked on getting this scratch out of my wife's car.

scratch002.jpg

I tried polish, but it was too deep, so out came the sandpaper. Some 2000 and 3000 got it knocked down, and SHR cleaned up the wetsanding marks. I can still see it, but it is much less visible. It it on the bottom of the rear quarter panel, so it is not too visible anyway.

Did a small camera job yesterday, was going amazing until the last camera, plugged in; nothing. De-installed the camera re terminated the BNC, Nothing. Went to another appointment for a AVR replacement and came back to the camera job this morning. Spent 5 hours trouble shooting, finally said WTF, ran a jumper and it worked. Ended up being a bad RG59 in one section, toner didnt pick up the damaged wire. My mind was/is fried.

The customer is a retired union electrician ex marine, awesome guy. Has a literal arsenal in the basement and showed me how to make bullets and invited me out to the range next weekend. wife walked in and asked if I do home automation and now have a blank check to retro in some Crestron Prodigy/ Lutron Radio ra ;)

As i was putting stuff away in my Van he grabs his new case of corona and throws it in there as a "tip".

Ide say my saturday turned out pretty good after all ;)

Today after some work around the house, I installed billet strut tower covers and an oil catch can on my car. Then when I was done with that I gave it a bath.

Before:

P5140001.jpg

After:

P5140010.jpg

Went to the detail clinic at Detailers Domain!!! Adam, Ashley and Phil put on a great show!!!!!!!

:iagree:

I went home afterwards, then went to my nephews baseball game.. then dinner with everyone, watched the Sox game :cheers: and how Iron Man II is on while I am posting this while trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer..

:iagree:

I went home afterwards, then went to my nephews baseball game.. then dinner with everyone, watched the Sox game :cheers: and how Iron Man II is on while I am posting this while trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer..

its unfortunate that iron man II sucked IMO, i had such high expectations for it:mad: However, it is a crazy sick movie if you have a good surround sound system. I would love to shake the hand of the guy who mixed the sound:thumbsup: he did an awesome job:cheers: